This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sela
    No, I mean the original series where Enterprise is thrown back in time, is picked up on the radar and ends up crushing an Air Force interceptor in it's tractor beam right after they turn on their wing cameras. They then have to go to Earth to pick up the film of Enterprise in orbit and Kirk is caught and interrogated. It's a great episode, but I forget the name. I'll look it up.
    Ah, the one with Gary Seven! Isn't that "Assignment: Earth"?
    Nmom
    Last edited by Nolamom; 23 May 2004, 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
      Ah, the one with Gary Seven! Isn't that "The Enterprise Incident"?
      Nmom
      The Enterprise Incident is one where they go back in time willingly and Terri Garr is a guest star. They go back in time and are cloaked even though they don't call it that at that time. The one I'm talking about is when it happens by accident the first time.

Dagnabit, where is my Star Trek episode guide....
      "You cannot reason with your own heart;
      it has it's own laws and beats about things
      which the intellect scorns."
      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Ah, the one with Gary Seven! Isn't that "Assignment: Earth"?
        Nmom
        Nope, the one where they have to put the guy they beamed out of his airplane back because he is to have a son in the future that does something really important. I think maybe we all have watched a lot of Star Trek.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
          Nope, the one where they have to put the guy they beamed out of his airplane back because he is to have a son in the future that does something really important. I think maybe we all have watched a lot of Star Trek.
          Actually, it IS Assignment: Earth. http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/AssignmentEarth.html
          Nmom
          sigpic

Comment

The Enterprise Incident is one where they go back in time willingly and Terri Garr is a guest star. They go back in time and are cloaked even though they don't call it that at that time. The one I'm talking about is when it happens by accident the first time.

Dagnabit, where is my Star Trek episode guide....
            No, the Enterprise Incident is the one where Kirk impersonates a Romulan.
            http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheEnterpriseIncident.html
            Nmom
            sigpic

Comment

No, the Enterprise Incident is the one where Kirk impersonates a Romulan.
              http://www.ericweisstein.com/fun/startrek/TheEnterpriseIncident.html
              Nmom
              You're right. That is the Enterprise Incident.

The episode I'm talking about is "Yesterday is Today" from the first season of the Original Series. I quote from the Star Trek episode guide on Gateworld:

"The Enterprise is thrown back into the past, where Kirk and his crew must prevent a military sighting of the ship from changing Earth's history."

That's the first time travel episode. The Mother of all Time Travel Episodes.
              "You cannot reason with your own heart;
              it has it's own laws and beats about things
              which the intellect scorns."
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Why does O'Neill say he doesn't like SciFi but he always does these Star Trek quotes and homages?

Comment

You're right. That is the Enterprise Incident.

The episode I'm talking about is "Yesterday is Today" from the first season of the Original Series. I quote from the Star Trek episode guide on Gateworld:

"The Enterprise is thrown back into the past, where Kirk and his crew must prevent a military sighting of the ship from changing Earth's history."

That's the first time travel episode. The Mother of all Time Travel Episodes.
                  I'd forgotten that one was separate from the Assignment: Earth storyline. I liked that one too! I really like the one with the Guardian of Forever where McCoy, Kirk and Spock get sent to Depression-era Earth.
                  Nmom
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, the title (I know it by heart, it's one of my favs) is "Tomorrow is Yesterday," not "Yesterday is Today."
                    Last edited by Erik Pasternak; 28 June 2004, 06:43 PM. Reason: font too big
                    Rocky

Comment

I think my fave was in "Unnatural Selection." As soon as Jack said, "They didn't go for it," I knew a witty remark was coming. But I never expected it to be about naming the ship the Enterprise. I cracked up for at least five minutes.
                      "Woo-hoo! Sorry, I got caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm."--Jack, "Tangent"

Comment

This is a Star Wars joke, not a Star Trek one... but I thought I'd mention it anyway: that X-302 sequence in the Season Premiere of Season 7... all those one-liners and the whole visual stuff (i.e. Goa'uld mothership as Death Star) were AWESOME!!!
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

This has nothing to do with StarGate, and nothing to do with SciFi either. A scene on Family Guy had them watcjing T.V and it was Oringenal Star Trek. THey were going on a away mission and Kirk was like: ''Ok I need 3 people: I pick Scotty, Spock and the new recruit in red''. The new guy was like: ''Oh Crap''. I know it has nothing to do with StarGate but it was the frist thing that popped into my head.

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by major_gater
                            My favorites are from, "The Other Guys"....

Felger: "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon." Coombs: "Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don’t know how you can call youself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

Coombs: "We might as well be wearing red shirts!"
                            The red shirt quote is my fave, it had me in tears of laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by PYRO
                              This has nothing to do with StarGate, and nothing to do with SciFi either. A scene on Family Guy had them watcjing T.V and it was Oringenal Star Trek. THey were going on a away mission and Kirk was like: ''Ok I need 3 people: I pick Scotty, Spock and the new recruit in red''. The new guy was like: ''Oh Crap''. I know it has nothing to do with StarGate but it was the frist thing that popped into my head.
                              Well there was that time that Peter sent a letter to MacGuyver asking for help

Comment

Teal'c has always shared Spock's penchant for eyebrow raising, though he substitutes "Indeed" for "Fascinating."

Now if they could just find a way to put in "I'm a doctor, not a!..."

Or, "He's dead, Jack!"
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X