This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Teal'c has always shared Spock's penchant for eyebrow raising, though he substitutes "Indeed" for "Fascinating."

Now if they could just find a way to put in "I'm a doctor, not a!..."

Or, "He's dead, Jack!"
    Can you see Teal'c saying "It's worse than that, he's dead Daniel Jackson"
    or "It's life Daniel Jackson, but not as we know it"

Comment

Teal'c has always shared Spock's penchant for eyebrow raising, though he substitutes "Indeed" for "Fascinating."

Or, "He's dead, Jack!"
      Wasn't there a episode where Daniel made some sort of comment about being an archeologist? It reminded me of the doctor quote. Or am I just on a different plane of existance?
      No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Or, "He's dead, Jack!"
        Now that we have Atlantis (WARNING RISING SPOILERS)

Dr. Beckett said in the beginning (paraphrased) "I'm a doctor, a medical doctor. I break things like that..."

Also, paraphrasing the X-302 test flight sequence:

Carter: "Intertial Dampeners?" <----Requently used Startrek technobabble

O'Neill: "Cool! Uhh, I mean, check... Phasers?"

Carter: "Sorry sir, not on thi flight."

(I can't believe O'Neill recognized intertial dampeners)

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
          Yeah, that kind of bugged me too. They could have called it the Enterprise, and that would have rocked! I DO like the Prometheus name though... It would have just been way too cool for them to call it Enterprise!
          I doubt Paramount would have liked it, though. We'd probably have ended up with Richard Dean Anderson and Scott Bakuka having a fight.

Comment

Hey that'd be funny. Although in Atlantis universe you could have Dr. Beckett vs. Dr. Beckett.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
              Hey that'd be funny. Although in Atlantis universe you could have Dr. Beckett vs. Dr. Beckett.
              *snorts* I like THIS idea!! LOL!
              Quantum Leap is also one of my all time fav TV shows -running a v. close 2nd behind Stagate, and only then cos I STILL feel cheated over the ending to the show, and it's been what? a good 10 years (eeek, am I that old?? ).

TPTB take note! We sci fi fans have loooooong memories

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                Wasn't there a episode where Daniel made some sort of comment about being an archeologist? It reminded me of the doctor quote. Or am I just on a different plane of existance?
                I don't think you were thinking about ths but it reminded me of a scene from Window of Opportunity i think were O'Neill asks the archaeologist guy controlling the time machine what kind of archaeologist carries a gun? and Daniel says uh Jack I do and O'Neill is like right... or something like that. I thought that that exchange was really funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite

I just saw it last night, I believe it was "Dead Man's Switch" sp? The bounty hunter (oh yeah, looked like a Boba or Jenga Fet homage), asks Dr. Jackson to heal his injuries and Daniel said something to the fact that (badly paraphrased):

Daniel: "I'm an archeolgists."
                  Hunter: "But, you're also a doctor"
                  Daniel: ".. in archeology."

I think that's what you're referring to, but I might be wrong.

Comment

Not related to Trek but still sci fi, in Season 6 when Nirti experiments on those villagers (forgot ep name) some of them disintegrate into water which is what happened in X Men.

Comment

Another homage to Star Trek in could be the green alien woman seen with Jan Newman on the set of Wormhole X-Treme. I also thought the shape of the alien spaceship was kind of saucer-like and reminded me of Enterprise.
                      sigpic

Comment

Perhaps not a joke, but an homage:

In Season Three's "Point of View" the bearded Apophis in that alternate reality was, I thought, an obvious nod to the bearded Spock in ST:TOS episode "Mirror, Mirror".
                        "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Originally posted by major_gater
                          My favorites are from, "The Other Guys"....

Felger: "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon." Coombs: "Vulcan, Felger, Vulcan! And I don’t know how you can call youself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry!"

Coombs: "We might as well be wearing red shirts!"
                          My gods are Asimov. Clarke, and Zelazny...not necessarily in that order

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Not SG1 related but rather Atlantis....
                            Minor Spoilers for last weeks ep..
                            When Dr. Beckett (did I spell that right) starts to talk to Shepard about his porblem...he says something like "I understand you have a bit of a klingon"..when he relizes what he said the look was like "Oh God I can't believe I just said that"...I love the smirk on Shepards face too.

Comment

yeah i remember that now...McKay was so fast I wan't sure what he said...lol that one funny guy..he needs to start talking a little slower

Comment

Didn't Spock use the response "Indeed" a whole lot.....as does Teal'c?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X