X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Sierra Golf 1
    crazy idea-with the exception of a few conspirators. [/QUOTE]

ie US.

as for you first point you are right we are long overdue for a large hit. Who knows maybe someone sent it through the planet

Comment

[QUOTE=Sierra Golf 1]As an amateur astronomer, I am amazed that we havent been hit by a body fatal to either part of or all of the population of the Earth. Of all the stuff thats buzzing around up in space, sometimes I think that theres someone out there pprotecting us from it all-wether we know about them or not. Sure there's large bodies in the solar system such as Jupiter acting as "outfielders" to take away anything that may hit us (Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 could have possibly hit us I believe if Jupiter hadn't broken it up and sucked it in toward itself), but still, there is a lot that is potentially dangerous to Earths populationQUOTE]

I agree i have studid the bible coed and we ar shure to expect a hit within the next ten years

to learn more go to exodus2006.com
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
        << is a MATHEMATICAL certaincy that intelligent life DOES exist elsewhere in this universe. >>

Are you sure about that?
        Frank Drake's equation for planets with civilizations capable of communicating with one another is as follows: N=R*fpneflfiftL, this mathmatical gobbalty goop (just did fail my math class) proves (somehow) beyond the shadow of a doubt that intelligent life must exist somewhere out there.

It should be on your Encarta or probably any exobiological website.

Sorry about butting in.....

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
          I can't remember, what comes after Jaffa Fodder?
          Is it Death Glider pilot?
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Considering the fact that the universe is infinte, then yes. I don't know the exact science, but it's also a mathematical certaincy that one planet will speak English exactly the same as us.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
              I don't know the exact science, but it's also a mathematical certaincy that one planet will speak English exactly the same as us.
              Really? Where did you read that at...I'd like to read it.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Considering the fact that the universe is infinte, then yes. I don't know the exact science, but it's also a mathematical certaincy that one planet will speak English exactly the same as us.
                Surely it's more of a high probability. Very few things are truly certain.
                sum ergo cogitum
                I am therefore I think.

Comment

what the whole planet not just the majority, not everyone speaks english *though i have little choice, i failed french* based on this idea though you could say its a mathamatical certainty that other planets could speak arabic, egyptian, french and so on. anyway where did you hear that?

Comment

I dont remember where I ehard it, but with an infinite universe and the fact that there is DEFINITELY inifinite possibilities of life. It is certain that because of the basic characterists that somweher English is also spoken in the universe, as with all languages. It's all about what sounds can be produced.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

based on this idea you could say that anything is possible and all science does is help to disprove those ideas

Comment

Since we're now on the subject of other planets' inhabitants speaking English...I have a question. Why does pretty much every single race (the only known exception I know of was some people on another planet in the first episode) speak English when the SG teams encounter them?
                        Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                        O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf 1
                          Since we're now on the subject of other planets' inhabitants speaking English...I have a question. Why does pretty much every single race (the only known exception I know of was some people on another planet in the first episode) speak English when the SG teams encounter them?
                          Because otherwise Daniel would have to spend ages figuring out their language, lol. It wouldn't make for interesting television if they had to spend about half the show learning a new language would it?
                          "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Science doesnt disprove this, it actually proves it. We pretty much know that the universe is infinite. Therefore we know that based on all available sounds that can be made in the universe there has got to be one civilization that speaks English.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I think the government tried that with Area 51, by telling everyone it didn't exist, there was nothing there, and blah blah blah, making abi to-do about it a couple of years ago.

The problem is, I grew up in that area, and tho I honestly can't say what's there, everyone in the county know's SOMETHING is there.

Storm

Comment

I know that it is bad to say this, but the majority of the world are sheep and cannot be reasoned with en masse. It is possible to reason with the individuals, but if Stargates really do exist they should be kept quiet. I, personally, would love to travel to other planets and meet new / interesting races. It is my firm belief that the religious kooks would be the first ones to defame a gate as an offront to god, or some other nonsense that would ruin it for the rest of us.

I do find it peculiar that SG-1 builds on mythologies that are already instilled in western culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X