This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lugal
    I've wondered about that too, if it is a plausible deniability thing for the govt.

Plus a Goa'uld would explain why Dick "4 heart attacks" Cheney is still alive. Or maybe there's a sarcophagus in his undisclosed location.
    I think the discussion is not that the Goa'uld are real nor the Sarcophogus, just the idea of gate travel in a similar or completely different form.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
      I think the discussion is not that the Goa'uld are real nor the Sarcophogus, just the idea of gate travel in a similar or completely different form.
      That last part was a joke

Comment

Gotcha. lol.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hostile
          Yeah, I think it would vary from the TV show in the fact that the American government, in real life, can cover up just about anything. I know I cant prove that, but I have no doubt it's the case. You'd never know about the gates, or prometheus, and you sure as hell wouldn't be able to hijack either of them.

If the Russians found one too, that's a different story. America would release all their information immediately, followed by about a thousand "why our gate is from heaven and theirs is devil-born" news stories.

Just wanted to let you know that the cold war is over.

Today, we'd just say how theirs is inferior and always breaking down, while ours is a superior design.

The Man

Comment

Hello, I'm kinda new here. I'll make a proper introduction later and probably a more extenesive post on this subject, but here is a little something about "stargates"

Norse: the world "tree", Yggdrasil "The Terrible One's Horse" is a great tree that upholds the whole universe and has a number of "wells" and "gateways" that extend into all the worlds and allow for travel in between them. When Odin gained the power of the Runes, which allowed one magical powers and the ability to control the wells, he (rough quote) "Knew from whince the roots OF THAT ANCIENT ROAD sprang" here we see Yggdrasil as not a tree, but a form of transport, as it's name intails.

Shinto: the Shinto Torri (sp, torii?) are gateways at temples that signify a switch between the spiritual world and physical one, evil spirits can not cross the threshhold of a Torii. They bear a striking resemblance to the structures of Stonehenge (which by the way predate the Druids and certainly the neo-druids) and many other gateway structures that signify a threshhold between two worlds. There is also the matter of a certain Goddess who went to a cave and caused darkness to fall upon the Earth or Worlds, she was drawn back out into the worlds by a enormous bronze, or some other material, "mirror". This mirror became sacred to the Japanese Emperors who desended from her son.

So much more to say....brain hurts....can't think straight....finals tommorrow.....try again later.....sorry Aesir_Asura cannot answer the phone at this moment, please either hang up or leave a message after the beap.........beap.

Comment

<< However, the Great Pyramid at Giza is almost perfectly level (one corner is less than 1 cm higher than the one diagonal to it) and perfectly aligned with the cardinal directions. Tell me, what is the point of this? Not one building today is level as the Great Pyramid or aligned with the cardinal directions. >>

When you're builiding something like a pyramid, especially one as big as the Great Pyramid, you've got to make sure everything is perfect, because otherwise you get to the top and it just won't work. If you're so much as an inch or two out at the bottom, you'r four sides might just not meet at the top!

I can't remeber the name of the guy who designed and built the Great Pyramid, but I do seem to remember him making a mistake (of sorts) with regard to originally trying to set the tomb in the bedrock below the pyramid (he started work on it but subsequently abandoned it). One of the (many) really interesting things about the GP is the lack of writing inside. (Apparently) the King's name only appears once in the whole of the pyramid, and scrawled on a wall somewhere, hidden away at the end of some tiny god-forsken tunnel that leads nowhere and presumably was not meant to be seen. How come?
              sum ergo cogitum
              I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                One of the (many) really interesting things about the GP is the lack of writing inside. (Apparently) the King's name only appears once in the whole of the pyramid, and scrawled on a wall somewhere, hidden away at the end of some tiny god-forsken tunnel that leads nowhere and presumably was not meant to be seen. How come?
                Spray paint wasn't invented?

Comment

Originally posted by Aesir_Asura
                  So much more to say....brain hurts....can't think straight....finals tommorrow.....try again later.....sorry Aesir_Asura cannot answer the phone at this moment, please either hang up or leave a message after the beap.........beap.
                  FOR HELLS SAKE!!! Get studying! You are the future! What the heck are you doing wasting time on this if you got finals!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

<< Spray paint wasn't invented? >>

Says who?
                    sum ergo cogitum
                    I am therefore I think.

Comment

Says who?
                      Well, you might be right... it was just a shot in the dark...

Comment

Says who?
                        Oh, hey Champos... you are almost Jaffa Fodder!!! Congats on your almost promotion!! lol

Comment

Jesus, you're right! Yay! Yay, yay, yay, ya, yay!

And that is acttually genuine enthusiasm rather than sarcasm.
                          Do you think I maybe overdid the yays?

I just had a class actually and I'm afraid I might be corrupting their innocent young minds - well, even more so than normal! It was teaching English to a load of Chinese kids, and I tend to use rhymes and tonguetwisters to help with pronounciatiation. The most recent one (I think I found it somewhere and modified it) was:
                          "Mr See had a saw, and Mr Saw had a see-saw. Mrs Saw saw Mr See's saw sawing Mr Saw's see-saw."
                          It seemed perfectly innocent when I first read it, but now it seems like Freud would have a field-day. I mean, sawing another man's see-saw - what the hell am I doing? Would it be better if it were Mr Saw who found his wife's see-saw being sawn by Mr See's saw or not?
                          sum ergo cogitum
                          I am therefore I think.

Comment

Typical, my inaugural post as Jaffa Fodder and I have to write about saws and see-saws. Sometimes I wish I didn't know me.
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

Typical, my inaugural post as Jaffa Fodder and I have to write about saws and see-saws. Sometimes I wish I didn't know me.
                              yeah, fine Jaffa Fodder you make!

Comment

I can't help but think that we have all gone off the deep end when we start believing that there actually are real stargates!
                                -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                                -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Working...
                                X