Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[/QUOTE]When you're builiding something like a pyramid, especially one as big as the Great Pyramid, you've got to make sure everything is perfect, because otherwise you get to the top and it just won't work. If you're so much as an inch or two out at the bottom, you'r four sides might just not meet at the top!

I can't remeber the name of the guy who designed and built the Great Pyramid, but I do seem to remember him making a mistake (of sorts) with regard to originally trying to set the tomb in the bedrock below the pyramid (he started work on it but subsequently abandoned it). One of the (many) really interesting things about the GP is the lack of writing inside. (Apparently) the King's name only appears once in the whole of the pyramid, and scrawled on a wall somewhere, hidden away at the end of some tiny god-forsken tunnel that leads nowhere and presumably was not meant to be seen. How come?[/QUOTE]

The nearly perfect alignment is something that we today probably couldn't achieve with the anything a geometrically acurate as the Great Pyramid.

Imhotep is attiruted as building it I think, and Cheops, if I remeber right was suppoded to be buried in it. The name was found in the ceiling vault (attic you might say) above the King's chamber. The room has a ceiling like an ordinary house, but above that is vaulting to keep the whole thing from collapsing. Some morons climbed up thier ages ago and scrawled graffitti on the walls and one of them wrote his Pharoah's name. Now all Egyptologiest (save a few like Daniel) think for some stupid reason that this is Cheop's pyramid, oh well what ya gonna do?

Oh, by the way, the Arabs and Herodotus say that when they first saw the Great Pyramid it still had it's white marble or was it limestone, cover stones all the way to the top, and on that covering was written something in a strange language noone could decifer, Thousands of volumes worth of some archaic language!!!! What happened to these stones? Well a earthquake knocked a few off and the Arabs stripped the rest to make, of all things, Mosque. Thanks again Allah!!!

Comment

Originally posted by earck
      I can't help but think that we have all gone off the deep end when we start believing that there actually are real stargates!
      Ah, how I love people with closed minds.

Seriously mate, no one is saying that a stargate exists the way it is portrayed in SG1. It is however, being hypothesised, that a similar artifact may, or may have existed. I cannot see why it's so hard to believe it. Wormholes are a very factual part of science, and there is a lot of sketchy details regarding the pyramids. I for one wholly do believe that there was at least some extra terrestrial influence in the building of them. I fail to see why it's so hard to believe. It is a MATHEMATICAL certaincy that intelligent life DOES exist elsewhere in this universe! And out of all those possible civilisations how can you say that not one of them will have perfected wormhole technology in the form of a space craft and actually arrived here? What's more, how can you say that some advanced civilisation may not have created a stargate? Anything is possible!

I will neither agree to, nor disagree to the prospect of a stargate really existing, but I will always kepe an open mind and look for the truth!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Lol poll:How many of you here believe there are Stargate's

I didn't know there where people like this until Joseph Malozzi mentioned it in the DVD specials

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
          Lol poll:How many of you here believe there are Stargate's

I didn't know there where people like this until Joseph Malozzi mentioned it in the DVD specials
          Would believe if I saw enough evidence. As of the moment, not enough to make me believe.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe SG1 is a documentory on the real thing!

Cheyene complexe mountain is a real seacret military base, Infact its were Norad is.
            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
              Maybe SG1 is a documentory on the real thing!

Cheyene complexe mountain is a real seacret military base, Infact its were Norad is.
              Ha Ha I was like that at one time, I actually want to believe it now so I immerse myself so deep in the stories you don't KNOW WHAT'S REAL.
              I thought it was a documentary atone time; what a lark can you imagine it

Comment

I think that there could be stuff out there.

My teacher went to Cheyenne Mountain complex once. His one ex-student became some 4-star general and has access. Although he wouldn't tell me how far he went down and what he saw other than: "It's where NORAD is located."

IMO, I think that where I work has a stargate or something. We expierence wierd power fluxues all the time (its' a science center) and lately the military has been there eating in the cafeteria on several occasions.
                Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

<< is a MATHEMATICAL certaincy that intelligent life DOES exist elsewhere in this universe. >>

Are you sure about that?
                  sum ergo cogitum
                  I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                    Ah, how I love people with closed minds.

Seriously mate, no one is saying that a stargate exists the way it is portrayed in SG1. It is however, being hypothesised, that a similar artifact may, or may have existed. I cannot see why it's so hard to believe it. Wormholes are a very factual part of science, and there is a lot of sketchy details regarding the pyramids. I for one wholly do believe that there was at least some extra terrestrial influence in the building of them. I fail to see why it's so hard to believe. It is a MATHEMATICAL certaincy that intelligent life DOES exist elsewhere in this universe! And out of all those possible civilisations how can you say that not one of them will have perfected wormhole technology in the form of a space craft and actually arrived here? What's more, how can you say that some advanced civilisation may not have created a stargate? Anything is possible!

I will neither agree to, nor disagree to the prospect of a stargate really existing, but I will always kepe an open mind and look for the truth!
                    Ya know...You and a couple of others, who have posted to this thread are actually the only ones who are taking it as it was meant to be. I hypothetical look at a given set of instances and extrapilating fact from a fictious scenario and then hypothesising on a preordained mindset. Sheesh that was a mouthful and if ya figure what I just said can you tell me.
                    Anyway, yes I like you already...anthing is possible.
                    As the infamous Sherlock Holmes once quoted: "Once you eliminate the impossible, what ever remains, how ever improbible...must be the truth
                    THERE ARE THINGS KNOWN...
                    AND THINGS UNKNOWN...
                    AND IN BETWEEN...LIES THE STARGATE

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                      yeah, fine Jaffa Fodder you make!
                      I'm a bit confused by my new rank anyway. I mean, I get that I'm fodder, that much is pretty obvious. But am I fodder who is also Jaffa, or am I fodder who is defeated by Jaffa (like cannon-fodder). Any help?
                      sum ergo cogitum
                      I am therefore I think.

Comment

No.

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                          I'm a bit confused by my new rank anyway. I mean, I get that I'm fodder, that much is pretty obvious. But am I fodder who is also Jaffa, or am I fodder who is defeated by Jaffa (like cannon-fodder). Any help?
                          That is a good question. I think that we are Fodder FOR Jaffa, but that is only how I take it and it could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cranbot
                            No.
                            Thank you.
                            sum ergo cogitum
                            I am therefore I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Thor
                              That is a good question. I think that we are Fodder FOR Jaffa, but that is only how I take it and it could be wrong.
                              That makes sense, except that the first two stages were Larval symbiote and then Prim'tah, and now suddenly we're switching to non-Go'auld. I can't remember, what comes after Jaffa Fodder?
                              sum ergo cogitum
                              I am therefore I think.

Comment

I have two opinions on this subject: One as an amateur astronomer and the other as a devout SG-1 fan

#1: As an amateur astronomer, I am amazed that we havent been hit by a body fatal to either part of or all of the population of the Earth. Of all the stuff thats buzzing around up in space, sometimes I think that theres someone out there pprotecting us from it all-wether we know about them or not. Sure there's large bodies in the solar system such as Jupiter acting as "outfielders" to take away anything that may hit us (Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 could have possibly hit us I believe if Jupiter hadn't broken it up and sucked it in toward itself), but still, there is a lot that is potentially dangerous to Earths population

#2: As a fan of SG-1, I recently had a thought that Maybe the government does have something like a Stargate. They are the ones who asked a film company to make a movie and then a TV show about it, the reason being that if the public saw it in a TV show and a movie listed as science Fiction, they would automatically think that it is a crazy idea-with the exception of a few conspirators. The government took these conspirators as an acceptable risk because they know that most of the public thinks that they are either crazy or just geeks seeking attention.
                                Daniel: "A fool's heaven is a wise man's hell."
                                O'Niell: "...Never run with scissors..."

APOPHIS SAYS: "Walk like an Egyptian!"

Comment

Working...
                                X