Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most if not all of that paranormal stuff is just bs. There's pretty much a complete lack of credible evidence, in fact there's often contradictory evidence, and the majority of the time there are far more plausible and logical explanations for paranormal phenomenon. It’s just a gimmick people use to make money like the 10% brain use myth.

Comment

mmmm true. But legends are based on some level of truth.

Now the right thing to do is not to believe it or to be skeptic, but be open in finding out the truth for yourself. (such as experimenting, expeditions, using your own senses, and abstract thinking skills to test out if on some level it is true or not).

Comment

I have been thinking about for a few day's but when we (as in all human/whatever's else there is) were together there is 4 specific species.

Warn you now I may sound crass, but there are the Caucasian's/ aka white peaple, Blacks, yellow's/ Japanese, chinese, etc and there are the redskins/ aka natives. Now let's say the native aboriginal didn't come from across the "Icebridge" But they stayed where they are/were.

The caucasions tend to be from around Russia, England, Scotland and such. Anyway. They didn't move until the start of the revolutions etc.

Anyway . . . My point is, as humans wouldn't we need a comunal language we all knew? Well I was bored, (Figure's >.<; ) and I think I may have figured out how we came up with a comunal spoken language, before everyone started writing things down. Latin!

From what I know, the asian's didn't know latin as writen until taught. But how come when I was bored I found a "Praise be" for Mongolians and Chinese?

Now what does this have to do with Stargate. The acients speak partial latin. Lateneus (think it's spelled right?) So . . . Am I going crazy?

Rachel Black.
        :tealc::sam::hammond::vala::thor::bratac13::yuanime01::beckettanime14: :ronananime25: :teyla30::weiranime20::sheppard33::cameronanime12::danielanime05::daniel23: :jack_new15:

[in an alternate timeline, Teal'c, who is the still the First Prime of Apophis, brings Daniel Jackson before his master]
        Apophis: Who are you?
        Dr. Daniel Jackson: Name's Daniel Jackson. Uh, if you give me back my eyeglasses, I could actually see you.
        Teal'c: He claims he is of the Tau'ri.
        Dr. Daniel Jackson: You weren't supposed to tell him that.
        Apophis: The Tau'ri have no Chaapa'ai.
        Dr. Daniel Jackson: Oh! Sorry, guess I was wrong. I'm sure your information is correct and... In fact, I'm usually quite wrong, quite unreliable actually. To be honest with you, I'm insane.
        Apophis: I think there is much you can tell me.
        Dr. Daniel Jackson: Well, if you wanna know about the early settlements of Mesopotamia, I am somewhat of an expert...

Comment

Originally posted by Binx View Post
          mmmm true. But legends are based on some level of truth.
          I agree
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Golf 1 View Post
            I have two opinions on this subject: One as an amateur astronomer and the other as a devout SG-1 fan

#1: As an amateur astronomer, I am amazed that we havent been hit by a body fatal to either part of or all of the population of the Earth. Of all the stuff thats buzzing around up in space, sometimes I think that theres someone out there pprotecting us from it all-wether we know about them or not. Sure there's large bodies in the solar system such as Jupiter acting as "outfielders" to take away anything that may hit us (Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 could have possibly hit us I believe if Jupiter hadn't broken it up and sucked it in toward itself), but still, there is a lot that is potentially dangerous to Earths population

#2: As a fan of SG-1, I recently had a thought that Maybe the government does have something like a Stargate. They are the ones who asked a film company to make a movie and then a TV show about it, the reason being that if the public saw it in a TV show and a movie listed as science Fiction, they would automatically think that it is a crazy idea-with the exception of a few conspirators. The government took these conspirators as an acceptable risk because they know that most of the public thinks that they are either crazy or just geeks seeking attention.
            Is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by Blistna View Post
              Is that true?
              I don't think so
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarter83 View Post
                Where did you read this information at? I am very interested in ancient cities and I do think there is much we don't know about our own past. However, I am a little skeptic as to a 'real' stargate. For example, There was a project the FBI had during WWII code named Stargate, but it had nothing to do with traveling or physics for the matter. I would very much like to read up a little on this topic
                In WWII the Stargate project had something to do with psychic spies. Actually i'm not sure if it was WWII, it might have been later. They would use a machine and go into like a trance or meditation and then they could go anywhere and see what has happened. I found a book about it at my local library in the nonfiction section. However i didnt read it all.

I think this could be possible. Look at wormhole X-treme.
                I think the pyramids were built by Egyptians with alien help.
                Oh and Area 51 really does exist. For a while the government tried to deny that but i think now they admit its real. You can do a search for it on Google maps. As for whats there... It won't zoom in close enough to see details.

Also I think a lot of our technology is developed from alien tech
                Last edited by Dark Soul; 11 January 2008, 02:52 PM. Reason: Added Area51 info and tech bit

Comment

well as far as making tv about a conspiracy, its called plausible deniability. the best way to hide something is to write a ficticious account of said item. there are also similar references such as the old testament which says "the sons of god (probably a poor translation, more likely to be some other worldly beings) came down and reproduced with the women. so there is multi geographical writings to suggest a other worldly manipulation of the gene pool.
                  sigpic
                  The 11th Doctor. Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

Originally posted by timtheomniscient View Post
                    well as far as making tv about a conspiracy, its called plausible deniability. the best way to hide something is to write a ficticious account of said item.
                    didn't Hammond say that in wormhole x-treme?
                    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Soul View Post
                      In WWII the Stargate project had something to do with psychic spies. Actually i'm not sure if it was WWII, it might have been later. They would use a machine and go into like a trance or meditation and then they could go anywhere and see what has happened. I found a book about it at my local library in the nonfiction section. However i didnt read it all.

I think this could be possible. Look at wormhole X-treme.
                      I think the pyramids were built by Egyptians with alien help.
                      Oh and Area 51 really does exist. For a while the government tried to deny that but i think now they admit its real. You can do a search for it on Google maps. As for whats there... It won't zoom in close enough to see details.

Also I think a lot of our technology is developed from alien tech
                      I have mixed feelings about this. I believe in human genius -- and I believe they could have made the pyramids. However, whether they did or not, we may never know.

Also, it is possible that a lot of our tech came from aliens, but it doesn't seem likely. I watched an episode on how this one man who claims worked on bringing alien tech to human tech, and then they pointed how every thing he said and the dates...were all wrong. Like bullet proof jackets, the person who made it finished it before the date we got the "alien tech".

But I dunno, it's hard to pick what u believe because there is a lot of phonies out there, yet a lot of ppl who are telling the truth...

Comment

Working...
                      X