Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    I can't remember how it ended either

And I'm at the same stage as you with Bones/Booth. Like I sadi, the "will they/won't they" is okay but you can't keep it up for literally years without it moving forward or people do get bored with it.

Yes, Sheridan/Delenn is a prime example, even though I didn't ship them myself it didn't actually bother me because they did have a good understanding. Another good example of a relationship that is mature and well written and doesn't have to be smokin' hot to work is in "white collar" with Peter and Elizabeth. A husband/wife and doesn't end up all soap operaish and doesn't end up with numerous objects thrown at them to test their relationship. It's actually quite a refreshing change

They did have opportunities to finally get Sam/Jack together but they liked yanking our chains too much so they kept it going indefinitely
    I think on Bones when
    Spoiler:
    they went back and had them meet and be attracted before they made a big mistake. It was a huge WTF? moment for me and I never felt the same about them again. Plus I hated the ending of the last season.

OMG, yes I love Peter and Elizabeth. The way she supports him and is never jealous. Love it love it. I'm not going to say that's the way they could have written John and Elizabeth, but you know I'm thinking it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think on Bones when
      Spoiler:
      they went back and had them meet and be attracted before they made a big mistake. It was a huge WTF? moment for me and I never felt the same about them again. Plus I hated the ending of the last season.
      Oh I know what you mean. I was like "What the hell" Then it just felt...Different after that. Something felt...Off. And the ending sucked

OMG, yes I love Peter and Elizabeth. The way she supports him and is never jealous. Love it love it. I'm not going to say that's the way they could have written John and Elizabeth, but you know I'm thinking it.
      Exactly, She is supportive and never jealous.She trusts him and he her. I like the way she teases him though It's like a breath of fresh air Yes I know you're thinking it You are a shipper after all But developing a relationship along those lines could have been a good thing instead of what we ended up with on SGA. A good honest mature relationship, not some childish fantasy. Relationships in scifi don't all have to be bad, if done properly it can addd to the overall dimension of the show
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I love Peter and Elizabeth. They're one of the best married couples ever (Zoe and Wash are the other one).

The episode where she starts laughing her head off at his attempts to flirt while undercover...that was hysterical.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Oh I love Peter and Elizabeth. They're one of the best married couples ever (Zoe and Wash are the other one).

The episode where she starts laughing her head off at his attempts to flirt while undercover...that was hysterical.
          aww poor Peter Didn't she give him pointers after that? When he was on the phone to the woman? Or was that someone else?
          sigpic

Comment

Oh Bones. I was so excited about season five and now, when season six is just around the corner all i feel is "meh". That flashback episode felt like a huge mistake because their relationship just wasn't the same any more. It was the point in the show where PTB should have had guts and paired them off and then see how they struggle and make their relationship work out. I saw many people commenting how great the season finale was, so much depth and all that, but to me it felt like a big, cheap reset button. The spoilers for the new season

Spoiler:
            new love interests for both of them

is making me worried. IMO that's the scenario that can turn into the worst kind of cliche if not handled well.

On a similar note I hear "Castle" is about to pull off something similar, but they're new and fresh and seem to have more guts than Bones PTB. Let's hope that ship won't be ruined.

As for Stargate I have always had the feeling that PTB had this "ugh, kissing, gross!!" kind of attitude when it came to major ships. No wonder a ton of fans, myself included, feel cheated out. A romantic or loving relationship can work in sci fi show - Odo and Kira, as someone mentioned, is one of best TV show ships out there. I wish both SG - 1 and SGA had the guts to give us that kind of relationships.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

On the rest of the discussion - SG-1 couples.

I would have liked Jack/Janet. Janet is one of the very few people I can see with Jack, the other being his ex-wife Sara.

But (being a multishipper) I like Daniel/Janet too. I liked Daniel/Sha're. I like Daniel/Vala. I like Daniel/Sam, though I admit that one took me a while to come around to. I've thought about the possibilities of Daniel/Teyla, but I really see her more with pre-ascension Daniel than post-ascension. I could see Daniel with Elizabeth though - Torri's Elizabeth.

For Sam, Cam is my favorite pairing. But I liked her with Martouf, and I could also see her with Daniel or Barrett, and I went through a Sam/Teal'c phase for a while after Unending aired - not sure I'm quite over it yet.

Cam and Vala - ok, you guys are going to think I'm weird. But I just can't ship Cam and Vala. It's like...there's this mental block there somehow. I think it's because I shipped John and Aeryn so much that shipping different characters played by the same actors feels weird to me somehow. Yeah, I know I'm strange. Sorry!

I love John/Vala! It's my favorite fantasy ship (since they barely ever met). I just like the personality combination possibilities. (and I think JF and CB would have amazing chemistry ) Vala/Tomin doesn't really work for me though - not really sure why (although I wasn't thrilled about him hitting her that time).

Teal'c - I like Teal'c with pretty much everyone. Except Vala. And I could probably be talked into that, but I don't quite see it at this point. Shau'nac was probably my favorite for him though, because I always got the feeling she was like his first love, and she's the one he dreamed in The Changeling.

aww poor Peter Didn't she give him pointers after that? When he was on the phone to the woman? Or was that someone else?
              No, I think that was the time.
              Last edited by Killdeer; 18 August 2010, 08:51 AM.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I would have liked Jack/Janet. Janet is one of the very few people I can see with Jack, the other being his ex-wife Sara.

But (being a multishipper) I like Daniel/Janet too. I liked Daniel/Sha're. I like Daniel/Vala. I like Daniel/Sam, though I admit that one took me a while to come around to. I've thought about the possibilities of Daniel/Teyla, but I really see her more with pre-ascension Daniel than post-ascension.

For Sam, Cam is my favorite pairing. But I liked her with Martouf, and I could also see her with Daniel or Barrett, and I went through a Sam/Teal'c phase for a while after Unending aired - not sure I'm quite over it yet.

Cam and Vala - ok, you guys are going to think I'm weird. But I just can't ship Cam and Vala. It's like...there's this mental block there somehow. I think it's because I shipped John and Aeryn so much that shipping different characters played by the same actors feels weird to me somehow. Yeah, I know I'm strange. Sorry!

I love John/Vala! It's my favorite fantasy ship (since they barely ever met). I just like the personality combination possibilities. (and I think JF and CB would have amazing chemistry ) Vala/Tomin doesn't really work for me though - not really sure why (although I wasn't thrilled about him hitting her that time).

Teal'c - I like Teal'c with pretty much everyone. Except Vala. And I could probably be talked into that, but I don't quite see it at this point. Shau'nac was probably my favorite for him though, because I always got the feeling she was like his first love, and she's the one he dreamed in The Changeling.

I would have to say that I could never see Sam with Cam. Just no. But I agree with you totally on Cam/Vala for the same reason. They had too much of John/Aeryn in them to be together with new identities.

I too could see Vala/John and I was hoping with The Pegasus Project that we would get a few good moments with them. I was just thinking she would take one look at him, lick her lips and hilarity would ensue. I would love to have seen him dealing with her advances. But alas we were doomed to be disappointed.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Oh Bones. I was so excited about season five and now, when season six is just around the corner all i feel is "meh". That flashback episode felt like a huge mistake because their relationship just wasn't the same any more. It was the point in the show where PTB should have had guts and paired them off and then see how they struggle and make their relationship work out. I saw many people commenting how great the season finale was, so much depth and all that, but to me it felt like a big, cheap reset button. The spoilers for the new season

Spoiler:
                  new love interests for both of them

is making me worried. IMO that's the scenario that can turn into the worst kind of cliche if not handled well.

On a similar note I hear "Castle" is about to pull off something similar, but they're new and fresh and seem to have more guts than Bones PTB. Let's hope that ship won't be ruined.

As for Stargate I have always had the feeling that PTB had this "ugh, kissing, gross!!" kind of attitude when it came to major ships. No wonder a ton of fans, myself included, feel cheated out. A romantic or loving relationship can work in sci fi show - Odo and Kira, as someone mentioned, is one of best TV show ships out there. I wish both SG - 1 and SGA had the guts to give us that kind of relationships.
                  Yeah you and me both

I think because Castle is still in the early stages they can pull that kinda thing off for the time being, I just hope they don't overdo it though and end up ruining the whole thing

But (being a multishipper) I like Daniel/Janet too. I liked Daniel/Sha're. I like Daniel/Vala. I like Daniel/Sam, though I admit that one took me a while to come around to. I've thought about the possibilities of Daniel/Teyla, but I really see her more with pre-ascension Daniel than post-ascension.

Cam and Vala - ok, you guys are going to think I'm weird. But I just can't ship Cam and Vala. It's like...there's this mental block there somehow. I think it's because I shipped John and Aeryn so much that shipping the same actors playing different characters just feels weird to me somehow. Yeah, I know I'm strange. Sorry!

hmm, I never thought of some of those ships till I saw others mentioning them. I always saw Daniel/Sam as more like siblings I never knew there was a Daniel/Janet till I came onto GW. I've asked for some eps to watch in the Daniel/Janet thread to rewatch to see what they saw Hopefully I might be a little more observant this time

See, Cam/Vala would just be weird to me too because of the Aeryn/Crichton thing *shrugs* It just doesn't feel right So I'm weird too

The only people I shipped on SG-1 were Jack/Sam but none of the others bothered me, except Sam/Pete but that's a whole other matter
                  sigpic

Comment

I would have to say that I could never see Sam with Cam. Just no. But I agree with you totally on Cam/Vala for the same reason. They had too much of John/Aeryn in them to be together with new identities.

I too could see Vala/John and I was hoping with The Pegasus Project that we would get a few good moments with them. I was just thinking she would take one look at him, lick her lips and hilarity would ensue. I would love to have seen him dealing with her advances. But alas we were doomed to be disappointed.
                    Okay, now I have this mental image in my head of John hiding throughout Atlantis and Vala searching for him
                    sigpic

Comment

Okay, now I have this mental image in my head of John hiding throughout Atlantis and Vala searching for him
                      And jumping out from behind stuff and goosing him. Plus sliding her chair over really close to his in meetings. Somebody needs to write a fic.
                      sigpic

Comment

And jumping out from behind stuff and goosing him. Plus sliding her chair over really close to his in meetings. Somebody needs to write a fic.
                        Stop feeding me plot bunnies, dammit. (If I write it I'll amke sure to share a link). In the meantime, there's that Castle/SGA crossover to deal with .....

Comment

Oh please stop, you're killing me So are you volunteering
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh please stop, you're killing me So are you volunteering
                            You know, I'd love to see her write that. *G*

Comment

Originally posted by Petra View Post
                              I have a soft spot for Daniel/Sha're
                              I loved Daniel/Sha're too (mostly film Sha're). I would have loved to see them save Sha're, though I don't think they would have lasted. I think Sha're already knew it was over by Secrets, which is why she didn't have her father contact the SGC immediately. It's why she referred to the child as "hers." I think she knew from the moment that Jack sent tissues through the Stargate that she was going to lose Daniel.

I always thought, no matter how much Daniel loved Sha're, he never would have been completely happy on Abydos, and I definitely couldn't imagine him willingly giving up the universe now that he knows what's out there. I would have liked to see it play out on screen though, Sha're choosing Abydos and Daniel choosing the Stargate and the heartbreak of knowing that no matter how you may have wanted things to work out they just couldn't anymore. Mostly, I just wanted a (moderately) happy ending for Sha're. Alas...

I must admit that I never saw Daniel/Janet ship on the show. Never, not even a hint.
                              I didn't either. But then, I was too busy shipping Jack/Janet to notice any chemistry between them.

I could also see Daniel with Osiris-free Sarah.
                              Yeah, I could see that too. I wish we would have gotten more information on Daniel's past with Sarah and Steven. There was a lot of potential there I think.

Weirdly enough, Daniel is also the only SG-1 character I could see as being happy without any romantic relationship, just with his friends, books, and ever-lasting quest for knowledge.
                              Me too, although, I can easily picture Jack happy with his cabin, his fish, and his team.

*runs away to hide before other Daniel fans take out their pitchforks*
                              No pitchfork from me. Hey, I'm a slasher, I can't judge anyone.

I could easily see Jack/Janet in the first 2 seasons (before I became S/J shipper ) and I believe that at the time Jack/Janet 'ship was seriously considered by TPTB. I recall some interview by RDA and/or the writers which basically said "watch out for it, it can happen". But eventually (and to my delight) TPTB decided to pair Jack with Sam. I still have a soft spot for J/J though (even if I would have prefered Jack/Kerry more)
                              Really? They were thinking of doing Jack/Janet?! Don't kill me S/J friends, but man, I definitely think they missed the mark here in deciding to go with S/J instead. I think TR and RDA had loads of chemistry and I, as a team-over-ship type person, would have greatly preferred the romance to stay off the team. They still could have played with the rules and regs but maybe it wouldn't have been as offputting at times if it was between a main cast member and a supporting cast member. MISSED OPPORTUNITIES!!!

I wasn't really feeling Kerry. Mostly because I was completely over the romance plotlines by that point and she was just another part of the drama. She was very pretty though. And she got to roll around in bed with RDA. Lucky girl.

Vala/Tomin is another of my favourite 'ships on SG-1 ... They are equals, they've both been hurt and did some pretty awful things but at the end of the day they can forgive and are able to accept each other. I don't think that over the course of the series Vala was in love with Tomin, but I think she did love him and given time - post series - she could fall for him romantically as well. At least I like to think so.
                              This is so spot on. With Daniel, Vala was given every opportunity to become a better person, but TPTB squandered the potential with pigtails and playground schoolkid antics. With Tomin, who I sometimes feel they set up to be the obvious loser in the love triangle, she blossomed. She matured. She showed wisdom and strength and had a gravity that gave the character depth and genuinely made me care what happened to her...as opposed to when she was with Daniel when I wanted them both to fall in a snake pit.

I definitely think Vala is out making the universe a better place with Tomin. And it made me smile to see so many people like them together.

I would have to say that I could never see Sam with Cam. Just no.
                              I can't either, but I think it's because I genuinely adore the friendship between them. They give me the warm, fuzzy, best friends forever feeling and I would have cried buckets if TPTB had messed that up.
                              Last edited by Ashizuri; 18 August 2010, 09:25 AM. Reason: Ash should spell check before she posts....
                              Originally posted by Callista
                              Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                              Originally posted by HPMom
                              She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

That makes great sense and ITA. I was crazy about Mulder/Scully for years and then just completely lost interest to the point where I don't even remember how the show ended. LOL
                                I didn't watch The X-Files when it originally aired and I started catching up on it quite recently. So far I've seen the first 4 seasons and I must say I don't understand what the fuss was all about. I just don't care that much about M/S...personally I don't see their relationship - bar an odd scene here and there - as something more than beautiful friendship but ultimately knowing they'll end up together doesn't bother me in the slightest. So far I like how they are written, but from what I've heard it won't continue for much longer, will it?

about the discussion about Bones/DS9/White Collar/Castle/whatever...I haven't seen any of these shows and have no idea what you guys are talking about...

They sort of wrote themselves into a corner with Sam/Jack with the USAF regs, but there was no reason they couldn't have gotten them together when he retired.
                                They did have opportunities to finally get Sam/Jack together but they liked yanking our chains too much so they kept it going indefinitely
                                Psst, I'll let in on a secret...Sam and Jack have been together since Threads. Neither of them has retired - thankfully, b/c I enjoy them too much on SGU - but they haven't been in the direct chain of command since Jack's move to Washington and therefore were free to pursue a romantic relationship...which they did

For Sam, Cam is my favorite pairing.
                                See, for me Sam/Cam is the worst idea possible right after Sam/Daniel. Firstly, I enjoy their friendship and, just like Linda, I've never seen anything shippy in their interactions - even though I know certain TPTB tried very hard to sell this pairing which annoys me to no end. Secondly, I think Cam is too boyish for Sam. I just can't see him as a *man*, he gives off this kid vibe which is cute, but which I can't imagine Sam being attracted to. Sorry. Thirdly and most importantly, shipping her with Cam would be incredibly damaging to her character. Here we have a grown-up, successful woman who'd been in love with her boss for years...and as soon as her boss moves on, she immediately falls for his replacement? For another guy who's not only her boss, but who took her command away from her? That would have completely destroyed her character for me. I can't stress how much I would have hated painting her in this light. I had enough problems with the fact that she never called Cam on his, often terrible, treatment of her...to have her put up with it not only as a friend but also as a woman in love with him...*shudder*

Sorry for the rant.

I'll repeat: IMO Teal'c got the best love interests out of all main cast. Except Krista I liked them all and I could easily see him in love with them all. I think the writers did good job writing them. It's also interesting that they were pretty much normal, because Sam had a tendency to attract stalkers and Daniel crazies.

But I agree with you totally on Cam/Vala for the same reason. They had too much of John/Aeryn in them to be together with new identities.
                                I think I get where are you coming from with this, but I also have to disagree. I too liked Aeryn/John but Vala/Cam are nothing like them. Plus I think judging Cam and Vala based on previous characters played by their actors is not fair to CB & BB. I don't mean to tell you you are wrong and I apologise if it came out this way, I know that sometimes we just can't help what we feel, but the above can be seen as implying that the actors aren't good enough to differentiate their roles... Ok, I can't seem to be able to properly articulate what I mean, so I'll shut up now. I meant no offence.
                                There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                                sigpic
                                awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                                X