Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NightGloom
    OK, I thought of you shippers here today when at forensics the new people were introducing themselves and first there was a Jack then a Sam (girl) and then Pete. I figured you guys might find that kind of amusing.
    I certainly got a giggle out of it .
    nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

Last November ,we were driving into town & I noticed someone had put up a Stargate next to their house.It was about half the size[estimating 10 ft.diameter].I started to get excited when I then noticed all the other decorations in the yard such as reindeer,snowmen,etc.,etc.,.......you know ..Christmas decorations.

It then dawned on me that it wasn't a Stargate,but a 10 ft. wreath!

DOH!
      nugglebugget

greetings from the "Bluegrass State"where the grass is actually green,just like everywhere else

Comment

I have Stargate moments practically everyday.

I'm insane.
        "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Bill Watterson

Comment

Well, I will tell you about the most impressive ones...

I was driving form Luxor (Egypt) to the valley of the kings during my vacation this summer. Beside the road I saw a sign with the phrase:

"Look at the glory of the Ancient!"

I really had to think about it twice untill I realised that there was no "s" at the end...

When I told my brother at home that I went to Abydos he immediately said "haha". He was of course thinking of Stargate "Abydos" because he did not knew that there is a real temple in Egypt called like that.
          www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

As someone who has been to the earthly Abydos I have to ask. How do the locals pronounce it. When I took Ancient Art my professor was quite adament about how it was pronounced. It's different than how it's pronounced on the show and drives me nuts. I figure the locals should win.

Comment

I had a stargate moment when I was at home and my dad said JAffa and I was like kree.It was a 1 2 thing it was kinda strange.

Comment

We visited a village called Newton Stewart in Scotland which is on the banks of the River Cree. My fella couldn't understand why I had to say Jaffa Kree everytime we went over the bridge.

Comment

Everytime I pass my old school, which is being painted by a company called "Thor".

Everytime I eat jello.

And a hundred more random ones almost daily.

Originally posted by Animalian
                  I have Stargate moments practically everyday.
                  I'm insane.
                  I don't think that makes one insane. It's the same when you're in love with someone, isn't it? You see/hear/experience things that remind you of him/her constantly. So, we're not insane, we're simply crazy about Stargate.

Originally posted by Slainey
                  I just found out that I might have to go to Vancouver BC on business. My first thought was visiting Stargate locations.
                  A friend of mine was in Vancouver recently, too. I thought of how unfair that is because she's not interested in "Stargate" at all.

Comment

Yes,

At Labour Day while playing a game, I started talking in that deep voice of one who has been taken as a host to a Goa'uld. Then I used "Kree" at some people runing.

And probably the best one was when I walked in to the lodge wearing the military greens, (tunic, pants) a black t-shirt, and a broad brimed hat. And I also wear glasses. And one of my friends turned to me and said "Whoa, you look like Daniel Jackson" So I went to the washroom looked in the mirror, and well, I did.
                    Last edited by Axle; 22 September 2004, 08:31 AM.
                    Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
                    www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
                    2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                      As someone who has been to the earthly Abydos I have to ask. How do the locals pronounce it. When I took Ancient Art my professor was quite adament about how it was pronounced. It's different than how it's pronounced on the show and drives me nuts. I figure the locals should win.
                      So lets go a bit off topic:

Difficult Question!
                      Most people there hardly understand any English so it is very difficult to talk to them.

Attention, minor (if any) spoiler "Full Circle" Season6!

It certainly is not "Abedohs" as Anubis pronounces it in "Full Cirle".

People say the word very fast so it sounds for me like "Abdos". The arabic accent makes it sound very diffenent... But no garantee!!
                      Next time I go there I will ask somebody and record it

I know that in Ancient Egypt it was written "ABDschW", so with filling in some "e"s it is called "ABeDschU" [W = U].

Back to topic:
                      I forgot the most important Stargate moment...
                      Everytime I saw this...

Normally a godess was was holding it...

There is another picture, think what you want

www.savestargatesg-1.com

Comment

When I went to the Renaissance Faire and I saw all the Egyptian stuff, but I like Egypt anyway so I bought a few things
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

One of the companies that my company is doing some printing for is called Chevron. (Try hearing that repeated in a meeting. I keep wanting to do the countdown.) The episode of CSI I just watched, the family's last name in it was Anderson. Made me think of Ricky Dean. I was looking at a magazine and the first page I turned to was showing how to use a filter in Photoshop. The example they used was the word Mobius. Not exactly the same title as the S8 episode. But it made me do a doubled take.
                          "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
                          "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
                          Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
                          Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
                          "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
                          Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
                          Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
                          (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

Originally posted by Martouf84
                            There is another picture, think what you want

That's a great picture!

Comment

In one of my subjects at university my teacher has this uncanny ability to always talk about something related to Stargate. I doubt he watches it so it's rather freaky. He always talks about the ancients, and no not those ancients, ancient Greeks, Egyptians, but well naturally you know which ancients I think about. Then there was the whole lecture on Egyptian mythology, which had no relevance what so ever but I got to put my Stargate knowledge to good use when he couldn’t remember who the sun god was (Ra) or that one starting with A, which ended up being Anubis. On my way to work I pass this Stargate looking thing and then there’s the street near my work…Thor’s Place. So you can guarantee that I have a stargate moment at least once a week without even watching the show. Lol.
                              Last edited by sparky|gater55; 24 September 2004, 03:03 AM.
                              Teal'c: "My depth is immaterial to this conversation"

Shep: "Well that was after we checked for monsters, bugs and other space related things."

Comment

On a stretch of highway that I often drive between Jasper, TX and the Louisiana state line, is a sign for the turnoff to the small town of Wiergate, TX. Kind of a two-in-one thing. Yeah, I know it’s not spelled Weir, but it’s close so it counts. Drove past it about 2 weeks ago and thought of this thread.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X