No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware of the hammer and nails type rather than the computer type. I'm not sure what lumber means though. Sorry, I'm a thick Midlands type.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

lumber = wood.

Comment

oh, right. i'm not sure then, but you can buy hammers, nails, trees and sheds and things in B&Q so I think it's the same.

I'm really very British. I have to watch Stargate with Subtitles to understand the jokes (I can't understand the accents.... I just don't do American very well)

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Hardware of the hammer and nails type rather than the computer type. I'm not sure what lumber means though. Sorry, I'm a thick Midlands type.
          Lumber means lumber in American english too At least, those of us who ever had to work in a lumber yard. I sware there was saw dust in every article of clothing I owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            Lumber means lumber in American english too At least, those of us who ever had to work in a lumber yard. I sware there was saw dust in every article of clothing I owned.
            That's the point - I'm uberbritish. I come from the Midlands (the central part of England)

Comment

Originally posted by hobbitsrul
              I was sitting in driver's ed class one day and my teacher says, "This is a chevron." I immediatly look up surprised. He was pointing to a street sign, though, so I was dissapointed. lol
              hobbitsrul
              It's called a chevron because of its shape.
              -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
              GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
              M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
              ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
              geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
                The Home Depot guy is the Ambassador from 2001 and 2010.
                Doh!
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

i was walking down the hallway in school today, and i passed the office for the director of athletics, except i thought it said, "director of atlantis."

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                    Well...it's the postcode...really...just the postcode......
                    Yeah, sure, and I bet the government told you to say that. Er...
                    A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

I just found out that I might have to go to Vancouver BC on business. My first thought was visiting Stargate locations. (Not locations currently in use because duh, that would be wrong.)

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
                        I just found out that I might have to go to Vancouver BC on business. My first thought was visiting Stargate locations. (Not locations currently in use because duh, that would be wrong.)
                        dude! that's so cool!

Comment

I'm still not sure if this will happen. My brand new boss wants us both to go to training but it looks expensive. My company has been cracking down but they are also really happy to have someone new in that position. crosses fingers and toes!

Comment

I've told this one before I think. Last year we sold our house & when I looked down at the contract I was about to sign I saw that Danielle Jackson was buying my house.
                            e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

OK, I thought of you shippers here today when at forensics the new people were introducing themselves and first there was a Jack then a Sam (girl) and then Pete. I figured you guys might find that kind of amusing.
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I've had quite a few.

On the way to school, there's a Gould street.

Airsoft has a ton of SG-1 moments, which isn't surprising. All the time, there are standoffs and movements from cover to cover under fire that remind me of the show.

I saw people strongly resembling RDA, Amanda Tapping, and Christopher Judge, in the space of an afternoon.

I, on a regular basis, come across objects that resemble various items from SG, especially artworks.

And, the most notable, was in Italy this spring. I was at the Patatine hill in Rome, with my DV cam, and walking through ruins with a camera in one hand and a flashlight in the other gave me a real Daniel Jackson feeling, so such a degree that I decided, for comedy value, to do a bit of narration while walking through in such a way as to suggest that I was part of an Offworld team catalouging a new world.

Comment

Working...
                                X