No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When my friends and I were drunk one of them slurred what they were saying and said "Amra"... of course that lead me to start shouting about Zero Hour

Comment

Sometimes one of my friends says something I heard out of Stargate.He doesn't know Stargate but sometimes he'll says something and I have to think about Stargate SG-1 especially O'Neill
      Lord Zedd

Comment

lol hasn't everyone? that happens all the time. just the other day my dad was gonna show me something and was waiting (while looking at his watch count down) and then nothing happend and it SO reminded me of that part in WoO. little things like that...

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
        Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

I'm constantly reminded of stargate...my sister practically calls herself Hathor..(but that's another story)

My moment: I am interested in ancient history and like to read about it. I was shoping online looking at different books and an archaeology book came up about ancient greece or something. I look at the book and who is the author? Michael Shanks...I did a double take...just stared at it for a while...It still amazes me.

Not only are their TWO Michael Shanks...one of them is an archaologist...
          Daniel:Nyet
          Jack: Daniel?
          Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
          Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
            I have a stargate moment every time I see a Home Depot commercial, lmao.
            Oh cmon, doesn't anyone knwo what im talking about?!?

Comment

The Ambassador to the Aschen? Poor guy, reduced to Home Depot commercials.
              aka Nur-ab-sal

"It's not enough to survive. One has to be worthy of survival." -- William Adama

Comment

Today i was with one of my friend he told me he was going to leave and starred Toward the dor as he got ther i yelled out JAFA KREE. he stoped and looked at me ( he watches stargate) but he didn't leave lol.
                -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                geekcode

Comment

I don´t remember when but I was talking to a friend, the only one I have who sees Stargate, and we´re speaking about Harry Potter. Anyone who haven´t read or watched HP don´t read this
                  When we´re talking about Lord Voldemord I couldn´t resist make the comparison Apophis vs Voldemord, because, you know, you never can be really sure they are actually dead!! They just keep going and going..
                  Sir, it's just a plant (Wal...ter).

...and you say his name is Pete Shannahan....I see.
                  By the way, do you know his address??

Comment

Was lap swimming with some guys a few weeks back and for some reason we'd stopped and neutrinos came up (related to some weird science news someone had read). Anyone, a guy stops in the other lane, listens a moment, and says "Nintendos?" I said, "Oh, you're a Stargate fan?" He just stared at me blankly. Guess Jack's not the only one out there...
                    Fitness Buddies

Comment

Ah, what can I say? I'm a linguist and Egyptologist, I swear I have Stargate moments every week....

One of the best was when I took my fiance (then boyfriend) to Egypt for the first time, and we went to the temple of Medinet Habu (near Luxor), one of my favourite temples...and I started talking about all the fascinating stuff you can see there, and explained some of the writing, and, obviously, I talked too much. In the middle of one of my sentences, my fiance suddenly asked "Tell me again why we're here." A perfectly legitimate Jack impersonation It left me speechless for about...ah....five seconds (And yes, he's also into Stargate)

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                      ~CELLO!~
                      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Originally posted by crazylinguist
                        I'm constantly reminded of stargate...my sister practically calls herself Hathor..(but that's another story)

My moment: I am interested in ancient history and like to read about it. I was shoping online looking at different books and an archaeology book came up about ancient greece or something. I look at the book and who is the author? Michael Shanks...I did a double take...just stared at it for a while...It still amazes me.

Not only are their TWO Michael Shanks...one of them is an archaologist...
                        i think michael shanks the actor knows about michael shanks the archeologist, i'm sure he's mentioned him at a con sometime
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Yesterday on NPR they were talking about the new intelligence divsion recommended by the 9-11 commission. The reporter referred to the National Intelligence Director as the N.I.D. I just about drove off the road.

Watching Adventures in Babysitting the other day gave me giggles. The little girl loves Thor. Not that Thor, the other one.

Comment

We were vacationing in Door County, WI, and passed by a tourist shop with a sign that made me and not-so-wee-anymore Hamish do a double take. I wish I hadn't been driving and had the camera.

"Pottery by Thor"

So THAT'S what he does in the off-season.
                            I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

Comment

I live in Washington, DC now and sometimes take the Metro on the Pentagon line. I constantly see armed services personnel and check out their rank insignia....saw Col. O'Neil....one "L"
                              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I was playing Far Cry (new high-performance 1st-person shooter for PC), when I realized I was using a P-90 SMG. I thought it was familiar, but couldn't place it, until I watched SG-1.

Justin
                                §

Comment

Working...
                                X