No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha. I forgot the best one, actually.

My form tutor left just before my final year and we got this tutor completely new to the school called Carter.

My form was so amused that all year we saluted him and asked him questions about electromagnetic subspace field generators (and any random for word technobabble combinations) all year to confuse him. Bear in mind that he was a Religious Studies Teacher.

Anyway, on my very last day he told me his name was Sam. Wrong gender, but funny all the same. He never did understand why the whole form saluted him. Wonder if he's still there now?
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

My teacher or this kid have never seen Stargate before.

A kid was being a pain in the butt yesterday.

Teacher: Do you dare mock me?

Kid: You should know, of course I dare mock you.

He was sent to ISS (detention).

I was talking to him later.

Me: Do you think that was wise what you said?

Him: Hey, it's what I do.

Also this constuction site nearby has this LOUD noise and I swear it sounds like a cheveron engaging.

One time I heard it seven times, (it was driving me crazy) I said, in my loudest voice "Bwa-bwa-bwa....KAWOSH!!!!!."
      Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
      Daniel: Niet.
      Jack: Daniel!
      Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
      -1969 (221)

Comment

I saw someone in camoflage (he was a soldier) and I thought to myself all he needs is some weapons and he's ready to get in the gate.

Lisa Michelle

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
          I see an ad for an easy to install carpet. What does that have to do with Stargate?
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
            I see an ad for an easy to install carpet. What does that have to do with Stargate?
            The Home Depot guy is the Ambassador from 2001 and 2010.
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Ooo! Just had one today, I walked into history class and one of my friends were talking about the exchange students, but I walked in during the middle of the conversation. All I heard was "The people in this school are letting them stay complete aliens. At least they have the hosts" Basically the only words I got from that conversation were "aliens" and "hosts." Definitely made me do a double take!
              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I work in a department store and we recently hired a whole bunch of new people (all aged 15-18).

One new recruit is called Michael Gould. Large bold letters are printed up at the staff sign on declaring that his uniform is ready to be picked up. Every time I see it I think omg, the Goa'uld are infiltrating!

Another new recruit is is about 17 and is the spitting image of Aiyana from Frozen. Same hair, same features, except the nose is slightly wider. And her name....Liyana.

I work with Aiyana's twin!

Comment

Wow, these are great stories!

Did I tell you about the time I went to Gisa and discovered..... oh wait, that was Stargate.

Sorry, get confused sometimes.

Comment

I was sitting in my school's assembly hall during my s6 induction day. Our careers aadvisor was introduced - Donna O'Neill!!!!

let's just say I was bursting a gut trying not to laugh.

This week I went to two University Open days. When I visited Strathclyde, there was a building called the John ANDERSON campus, as well as a pub called O'NEILL'S!

Then the very next day, I went to Glasgow University. On the way there, we passed through the town of Dumbarton and spotted A.C O'NEILL - financial advisors. We walked through Partick to get to the University and passed ANDERSON street. We got the subway back to the main station, and saw a poster for JACK DANIEL'S and another about a boy called JACK. There was also a man reading a book entitled O'NEILL!!!

When I went to primary school, there was a boy in my class called David O'NEILL and one of our teachers was called Mrs ANDERSON!

Then of course there's a boy in my year who's name is William, but everyone calls him JACK. He uses that name instead of his real name kinda like Jack doesn't use Jonathan!

I have JACK O'NEILL on the brain!!!!

Oh! There's a station in Glasgow called ANDERSON!!!!

I'm shutting up now!
                    sigpic
                    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I was at a fourth of July parade with my friends. We were walking down this street before the parade and there were this little cars and they said JAFFA on them. I'm like "HEY...JAFFA," and laughed. Needless to say my friends just kind of looked at me funny, neither of them ever saw Stargate.

A while ago my parents and I were driving somewhere and there was a sign that said JAFFA SHRINE. We all yelled, "Look a Jaffa Shrine!!" at the same time. (we all watch stargate) It was funny.

I was sitting in driver's ed class one day and my teacher says, "This is a chevron." I immediatly look up surprised. He was pointing to a street sign, though, so I was dissapointed. lol

hobbitsrul
                      Sam and Jack...Meant to be!!

Comment

Just watched Bruce Almighty and had two.

Number one is the fact that the cookie people are the Kowalskies (is that a common name in America?)

Two was this....

BRUCE
                        If I could have just one thing in
                        the world. It would be for Grace to
                        live a happy, joyful life. And that
                        she finds someone...
                        (getting emotional as
                        he realizes what
                        he's saying)
                        ...that she finds someone that will
                        treat her with the love and respect
                        that she so deserves.

It was the combination of the name Grace and what was said. It was a pure Stargate moment.

Comment

Can't say I've ever had a stargate moment.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by Drewbert
                            And yea, I noticed that like two weeks ago, that the Ambassador for Earth (2010/2001) now works for Home Depot.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Everyone says that... is Home Depot an American version of B&Q?

Comment

If B&Q is your local hardware and lumber chainstore, then yea, sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X