No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was reading this thread on Monday night, and the next day I had one long SG moment. Firstly, in Physics, we were discussing extra-terrestrial life. And astro-physicists. Spent the rest of the morning daydreaming about Sg-1, and thinking how weird it was that I read a thread about having a Stargate moment one night, and was know having one. Then, later at school, I saw someone's folder, with 'O'Neill' plastered across the side. I know it was for surfboarding, but I found it really weird after my physics lesson. Probably wouldn't have noticed anything if I hadn't read this thread.
    AKA Rhin Ariel...or something along those lines.

This sig is extremely dangerous and highly volatile. It may explode at any moment. The only way to keep it under control is to click the following links. Thank you.

My LJ
    My Fanfic LJ
    My stories on FF.net

Comment

today in Latin class...we were going over vocabulary and we learned the word that means "indeed." Can't remember it for the life of me, though. i usually work on my fanfic during Latin class.

Comment

Had one just a few days ago!

My husband was coming home from work and said he was going to stop for fried chicken on the way. I said, "Where you gonna go?"

He claims to have said, "I'm going to drive through Popeye's", but I swear he said, "I'm gonna dive through the chappa'ai."

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
          He claims to have said, "I'm going to drive through Popeye's", but I swear he said, "I'm gonna dive through the chappa'ai."
          My college roomate used to claim my Russian practice kept sounding like "This university tastes like chicken."

So you never know.

Comment

okay, i'm studying for my advanced access ECDL, and i had to create an antiquities database, and the first item i had to put into were 'a small egyptian statue representing isis, found at giza...'
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
              okay, i'm studying for my advanced access ECDL, and i had to create an antiquities database, and the first item i had to put into were 'a small egyptian statue representing isis, found at giza...'
              "Large ring, unknown symbols, found at Giza..."

Comment

Yesterday, I saw a guy who wore a t-shirt saying "Jack and Jones", but in my blinding SG obsession , I read "Jack and Jonas" and wondered why people feel the need to make their slash-fantasies public knowledge ... until I realized what the t-shirt really said. But hey, it's just one letter!

Comment

woke up last sunday morning (ok was about 2 in the afternoon) after a night of heavy drinking and physical exercise.. u know what i mean.. neways i slept in a wierd position and woke with a really bad pain in my neck and a killer hangover leaving me feeling like a passenger in my own body. i just had the urge to check the back of my neck for any vertical cuts or scars..just incase.. freaked myself out a little wen i felt the label of my tshirt sticking up lol

Comment

Just had a stargate moment a few moments ago. Well, sort of. The hubby and I are remodeling out bathroom and tonight he decided to change out the plumbing fixtures that come out of the wall for the sink. To say the least, there was some rust and other problems that made it difficult to put the new fixture on. Before we were done, he had to saw off the rusted pipe and figure out a way to get some more threads on it.

Now, it's 10 o'clock at night and he figures out a way, we get the fixture on with no leaks. The hubby stands up with a smile and said "D*** Macgyver!"

Now of course that made me think of RDA and that made me think of Stargate SG-1.
                    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Ok, this wasn't really accidental at all, but it's cute. My husband went on a business trip to London recently & of course came back with souvenirs for all of us. Much to my surprise, he brought me a little cast iron figurine of Anubis (the actual dog-like Egyptian one). Every time I look at it I smile & think of Stargate.
                      e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

There's a club called "Atlantis" and a hotel called "daniel" in town. So, everytime I pass.

Comment

When I went to a craft show there was a sign that said "Oma's House" which I thought was really cool instead of just the regular old generic ones (after I thought of Stargate, of course).
                          Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                          RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
                            When I went to a craft show there was a sign that said "Oma's House" which I thought was really cool instead of just the regular old generic ones (after I thought of Stargate, of course).
                            Oma can mean grandmother. It's the first thing I thought of when I first heard it...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                              Oma can mean grandmother. It's the first thing I thought of when I first heard it...
                              Yeah, my friend calls her grandmother Oma (even before Stargate, of course), but it's cool cause I guess her grandmother has seen a few episodes of Stargate with Oma in. I don't know if she liked them or not, but she's seen them. Just goes to show you how far my obsession can spread. Soon I shall take over the world! Muahahahaha!
                              Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                              RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

my grandma got an e-mail from one of her friends with pictures of her son, and she had it printed out and lying on the table. i caught a glimpse of it as i walked past, and did a double take. Here are some of the captions:

Daniel's first glasses - our little scholar!
                                Daniel learns a new language

and there was another one but i forget it - curse my short-term memory!

Comment

Working...
                                X