No announcement yet.

Ever have a Stargate Moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe no one mentioned Jaffa Cakes yet...
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I have a Stargate moment everyday. The clinic I work in recently installed door keys that require us to 'swipe' our employee ID's in them to gain access to certain parts of the clinic. Whenever I swipe I imagine myself going into a part of the SGC.

Also I have the pics of Amanda and Michael and myself (from Pasadena) and the group photo from Gatecon on my bulletin board in my office so all I have to do is look up and go!!
      sigpic
      Vancouver 2010
      Chicago 2010
      Chicago 2011
      Jack's CSM

Comment

Utterly random, but I was looking at a street map of Stevenage (in the UK) and one section of the town was labelled 'Sg1' . I have no idea why, I would have thought the government would have been more secretive about where they are. Plus my girlfriend doesn't live far from the real Cheyenne mountain base, which is kinda cool.
        A million monkeys were given a million typewriters. It's called the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          A Stargate moment, eh? Well, there was this one time when I fell into a puddle and was transported to some other planet...
          So you're saying you got drunk in the rain, fell and hit your head and had a weird dream? Not a Stargate moment there, Piggy. (jk)

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I don't drink... much. Must have been a mental illness induced hallucination of some kind if it was not the real thing.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
              I don't drink... much. Must have been a mental illness induced hallucination of some kind if it was not the real thing.
              Hey, if it was real for you, that's all that counts. I haven't even come that close to having a "moment."

Comment

I had anthor today i was siting in english class when a person i know (not a friend) throw his bag down by is desk as he walked in. I gave him the teal'c eye brow.
                (I know why he was mad one of his theachers (argh brain died) was trying to teach him somting, not really the point but it is kinda funny)
                Last edited by Gorthaur; 09 September 2004, 07:52 PM.
                -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                geekcode

Comment

my stargate moment happens everytime i see MacGyver, when someone from SG-1 is on it as a guest, i was rather excited when Narim was featured, mama and I usually joke about that particular characters fate or so whenever they appear, loverly.
                  -you know your crazy right?
                  -...yes
                  -ok just checking

-I'm only as paranoid as the voices in my head say i am.

Me and My Danielbot live in a cabin by the woods...

there's something fishy about our new puppy...

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Hey, if it was real for you, that's all that counts. I haven't even come that close to having a "moment."
                    Come to think of it I did have a moment just last week. We were introducing new characters in AD&D. One of the players said just call me "Nox." Greg and Todd both looked at me and asked what class/race was he, and we all said 'druid' together because of their nature-lovin', tree hugger, neutral ways ways. We were right, and Jason/Nox wanted to know how we guessed it. Todd says, "You are not the only one who watches Staragate." Jason didn't know what we were talking about! Needless to say I am letting him borrow my DVD collection...1 season at a time. *winks*

Comment

No idea what you're talking about, but my junk mail box just had 303 new mails in it. Made me think of the Prometheus =)

Comment

Stargate Moment

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                          i think michael shanks the actor knows about michael shanks the archeologist, i'm sure he's mentioned him at a con sometime

that's funny. It still amazes me though. It was just a huge coincidence. I mean...really. it's crazy.
                          Daniel:Nyet
                          Jack: Daniel?
                          Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
                          Jack: Nyet???

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Dannos
                            Utterly random, but I was looking at a street map of Stevenage (in the UK) and one section of the town was labelled 'Sg1' . I have no idea why, I would have thought the government would have been more secretive about where they are. Plus my girlfriend doesn't live far from the real Cheyenne mountain base, which is kinda cool.
                            Well...it's the postcode...really...just the postcode......

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                            ~CELLO!~
                            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

A couple....

I was in the lift at uni and my housemate started humming - I couldn't resist! He, however, is called Karl and is a honey (and sooooo not a controlling eveil police officer guy)

Watching shrek tonight I was CONVINCED for a second that Donkey could replace Jack in Stargate!

Every time I watch Wizard of Oz... (do I need to explain?)

And whenever I get to the airport (I move around a lot) I feel like I'm about to take a step through the gate.

There was a military event in France too and I couldn't help strolling by whistling the theme tune. And many many more
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

This is an Atlantis one but it still counts. Last year I met this kid through some of my other friends who just goes by Sheperd or Shep, and I never knew his first name. Fast forward to the first day of school this year, after all the episodes of Atlantis I'd seen, I have a class with him this year (I didn't last year) and the teacher was calling roll and is name is... John Sheperd. I started laughing my ass off and when I stopped I realized that everyone in the whole class was staring at me, wich of course made me laugh even more.

Perfecto!

Comment

Working...
                                X