Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dpgiffin
    Thanks for the updates, Joe.

Question about Atlantis - are there plans in place to keep shep out of military control of the base? also, does the show take a more military turn, as proposed in 119/120: The Seige?

Thanks!
    Hmmm. Funny you should mention that. The military will have there say in future episodes - and what they say won't be to everyone's liking.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
      Mr. Mallozzi,
      Do you feel that Star Trek: Enterprise is any threat to SG1, now that SG1 and ST:E are in the same time slot?

- Steve
      To be honest, I wasn't even aware we were in the same time slot.

So long as SG-1 continues to perform as strongly as it has over the past couple of years, I won't begrudge any series (and a scifi series in particular) its success.

Comment

Originally posted by whisper99
        JM

(Picture of Whisper bouncing around happily) I like the sound of that JM!

*ahem*

Now, on to more serious matters. I'm sure you are very well aware that the fans, ok, at least _this_ fan would really, really, really like to know more about Daniel Jacksons childhood after his parents died. And this fan would like to know what happened to good old Grandpa Nick. So, here's a pretty please directed at your MUSE in the hopes something like that will be forthcoming in Season 9.

*ahem again*

Ok, but seriously, seriously. Do you guys write up all the scripts before you start shooting the new season, or do you write as you go along?
        We try to write as many scripts as possible before production begins (and usually end up with 5-8 scripts of a given series by the first day of principal photography). After that, its a mad dash to stay ahead of production.

So far, so good...

Comment

Originally posted by dpgiffin
          Glad to see you didn't ask "Jonas, who's that?" as some have speculated you would

Anyways, if RDA doens't sign on as a regular, would you have him still being CO of the SGC, or an external general, bringing in a new leader? If the latter, what type of person would you be looking for?
          There will be changes at the SGC come season 9. As you've no doubt heard, we'll be introducing a new General to take over for Jack at Stargate Command.

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            Hi JM thanks for answering our questions I was wondering in season 2 of Atlantis are we going to learn more about the wraith and there back story (history) or are you going in complete different directions where the wraith will only appear in few episodes.

By the way great job so far the writing has been excellent in the second half of this season, flow from one episode to another has been brilliant well done.
            We just discussed a script that begin to peel the onion on the wraith. Watch for it early in season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by David
              Is Dex still being cast? What nationality are you looking to fill the role, or are you open to anyone?
              At the moment, we're looking for the best actor for the role, regardless of nationality.

Comment

A major Colonel character. I have a good feeling about Ben Browder joining the cast. Question though will his character be a full colonel outranking Carter or will she come up for another promotion or are they both Lt. Colonel's?

Both will be Lt. Colonel's.

A rumor I would like to address <mainly because it would be really nice to have happen or come true> is the one about finding a way to bring Dr. Fraiser back for season 9...is this something the producers are really working or on trying to accomplish?

Sorry, that's just a rumour. However, if the right circumstances present themselves (ie. as always, the right story), I would love to find a way to bring the character back for at least an episode.

You were in Wormhole-Xtreme right? That technically makes you a 'guest actor' on the show and therefore qualifies you to be an 'actor' guest at a Creation Convention. I know I for one would love to hear about your experiences as someone in front of the camera instead of a write behind the cameras and how that experience might have changed your perspective on how the actors feel about playing characters on the show <besides I missed seeing you in your Baal costume at Gatecon that year>[/QUOTE]

I could talk about Chris Judge trash-talking across the table between takes. Nice try, but thanks anyway. Most of the cons take place during production and I'd be working on scripts anyways. As for the Vancouver Creation Con, we didn't get an invite this year but its understandable. They have a lot of guests and springing for bus fare for to and from Burnaby for four or five writers can get pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  So Joe, I have this great idea for an ep where Luke saves the universe using his recipe for... *eyes David's post* Oh, nevermind.

There've been some rumblings about this already, but is there any chance of getting more info on Ford's fate in Atlantis? Brad has said that he'll be in the "first part" of season 2, but is there anything story-wise that would prevent him from appearing again later on?
                  At present - nope.

Comment

Originally posted by sgt.siler
                    Long time listener first time caller. *ahem*

Question for Joe Mallozzi:

So who's idea was it to put
                    Spoiler:
                    the helmets of King Arthur and The Black Knight from Monty Python's The Holy Grail
                    in It's Good to be the King?
                    Grill the costume department at the next Gatecon.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                      Originally posted by Wass
                      Hi JM thanks for answering our questions I was wondering in season 2 of Atlantis are we going to learn more about the wraith and there back story (history) or are you going in complete different directions where the wraith will only appear in few episodes.

By the way great job so far the writing has been excellent in the second half of this season, flow from one episode to another has been brilliant well done.
                      We just discussed a script that begin to peel the onion on the wraith. Watch for it early in season 9.
                      Do you mean season two or will we be seeing some crossover? If you do mean season two, are any crossovers planned?
                      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9
                        Hello Joe,

congrats on a second season for SGA and a 9th season for SG1 how exciting for the writers and directors??? Are we looking at any new writers coming in or have any new ones joined in season 8 and same for directors??

Congrats on landing Ben Browder can't wait to see how he fits in firstly with MS and CJ when the season starts since we have to wait 5 eps. to see the mix with all three! Have you started writing the first 5 eps. that will also bring Claudia Black into the mix??? And may i say whoever gets credit for writing Prometheus Unbound can i just say they did a great job and was nice to see Don back! Michael and Claudia did a wonderful job acting off each other I am hopeing when she comes back that we get that same chemistry again I enjoyed the tension and the flirtiness between them! And what are the many facets of daniel??

Also, Season 8 has established Daniel as second in command of the base. Jack is leaving and the president wants to put a civilian in charge-like he did with Weir only put a competent person on this time. Will daniel be getting command of the base?

thanks
                        Yup. A couple of new writers will be penning SG-1 and Atlantis scripts. Credit for Prometheus Unbound goes to the writer Damian Kindler, but special credit goes to Robert Cooper who did a pass on the script and was responsible for a lot of the chemistry between DJ and Vala.

Daniel has been established as second in command? He has? You do realize that if Daniel takes over command of the SGC, he won't be going off-world anymore... Don't go starting rumours!

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                          Hey Joe--

Is there any possibility the directors could get Michael Shanks to T A L K S L O W E R? Since Daniel descended, 'he's' been talkingsofastIcanhardlyunderstandhimattimes.

Loved that you had Daniel speak Russian in Full Alert.

Dana Jeanne
                          Last year, we were noticing that, for some reason, the episodes were coming in short even though the scripts were as long (or, in many instances, longer) as scripts from previous seasons. The reason? You guessed it. But as fast a talker as DJ is, he's got nothing on McKay who reigns supreme as "the fastest talker in scifi".

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                            Do you mean season two or will we be seeing some crossover? If you do mean season two, are any crossovers planned?
                            Oops. I meant season 2 of Atlantis.

However, now that you mention it, Brad has pitched out the possiblity of doing a crossover.

Comment

Hi Joe:

I was swondering if Richard's daughter has appeared in any episodes, say in the background. Thanks for coming to play.
                              Last edited by Kliggins; 15 January 2005, 10:23 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                                Yup. A couple of new writers will be penning SG-1 and Atlantis scripts. Credit for Prometheus Unbound goes to the writer Damian Kindler, but special credit goes to Robert Cooper who did a pass on the script and was responsible for a lot of the chemistry between DJ and Vala.

Daniel has been established as second in command? He has? You do realize that if Daniel takes over command of the SGC, he won't be going off-world anymore... Don't go starting rumours!
                                we can't have that!
                                It's lovely to see you posting so much! (don't wear yourself out!).

Speaking of going off-world..... with RDA's involvement so scaled down in s9 (assuming he agrees to participate in ANY eps *fingers, toes, arms and legs crossed* ) and no longer having to film around his schedule, will this translate to more off-world episodes in the future? Or is the shift in focus to more Earthbound stuff more to do with budget etc?

And I can assure you there are plenty of us who would LOVE to have more "behind the scenes" people at some of the cons. The actors are great, but it would be nice to hear more from the people who write/direct etc. You're the ones who put the words in their mouths, I'd love to more hear about how you create the show.

Comment

Working...
                                X