Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win Tickets to Creation's Chicago Convention!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago yeah!!

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

My nearly-12 year old has all his fingers and toes crossed for the best BD gift ever!

Comment

I've never attended a Stargate convention, and haven't been to any type of "con" in over 20 years. I have old friends in Chicago and it would make a great excuse for an end of summer visit from Detroit. I'd also like to talk to Mr. Shanks about his guest spot on "Burn Notice", another of my favorite shows.
        Last edited by cmuty; 13 August 2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Count me in! That's only a couple hours drive from where I live.

That would be awesome, and preferred seating no less!

Comment

Hi i have never been to a convention before and am dieing to go to one. I only live about an hour away in southern wisconsin so getting their is no problem at all. I would love to talk to anyone that is there.
            sigpic
            Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Hey I can be there as well.

Comment

Wow, talk about a trip of a lifetime. And for the opportunity to be able to do it for free is pretty extraordinary, thanks!

There seems so much to say pertaining to Stargate. It's pretty much the best show around and is sorely missed, although I've thoroughly enjoyed both The Ark of Truth and Continuum. But regarding this, seeing as it's a random selection and all, I may as well state my claims for the sake of stating them.

I would be honored to meet any and all of the cast of both shows, and greatly admire each and every actor for their work and continued love for the show and the characters. It's hard to find good, credible acting anywhere, let alone on television, and here we find some of the best on this beloved show. If you think about it, there isn't much creative television anywhere, and the only thing I really can enjoy and get into is SciFi (but that's because I'm a nerd). But take SG-1 for example: they took folklore and mythology and twisted it around so as to incorporate things into our way of life and into reality - and they made it believable. That's just cool. A majority of shows you see as you're channel surfing are reality TV or another new sitcom trying to make it on the air.

And then occasionally you find a show like this; one that just has heart, characters you love, and a true meaning and purpose of entertainment. Quality entertainment at that.

Funny, that the shows most noted and on the longest are Scifi...maybe there's a key to the element of the unknown that subconsciously draws us in. Or, I'm just a nerd.

I think I've said enough. In short, I love Stargate, both SG-1 and Atlantis, and would love to get to see and hear some of the actors accounts towards making such an excellent form of entertainment.

Comment

Hi Gateworld!

This is the first convention that my daughter and I will go to. We are doing it for both of our birthdays-her's is August 16 and mine is September 7th! We would love to meet Michael Shanks! We have been Stargate fans since the beginning when the series was on Showtime. Thank you for giving your members a chance at these tickets!

Jen Draves

Comment

getting free tickets would be great. I went two years ago.

Comment

I'm there already (if the tickets are mine)

Comment

I have wanted to go to one of these conventions for the longest time. I'm near Detroit, and could easily make the drive to Chicago. I joined the party late (SG-1 Season 8, Atlantis Season 1.) I started watching while off after the birth of my 2nd daughter, and ended up watching SG-1 from season 1 through the end of season 10.

Comment

This sounds like a great event!

Comment

I registered just to enter this contest! I want to go!

Comment

I would gladly shell out the cost of airline tickets if I won this, just for the chance to meet Ben Browder. It would be fate saying that I must go to Chicago and you can't argue with fate.

Comment

wow...this would be awesome. i've never been to a SG convention....never enough money
                                "So remember when you're feeling very small and insecure, how amazingly unlikely is your birth! And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause there's bugger-all down here on Earth!"

Comment

Working...
                                X