could Earth adapt Traveler's energy weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    No she was head of Todd's alliance which was losing, it was never specified how many ships it had.

She was leader of the biggest fraction and had the most ships, that was stated clearly.
    I thought it also stated that she had 15-20 ish ships, watch the episode again, i cant because i dont have it. Im big enough to admit foult when im wrong.Watch it and let me know

Ofcourse it is. They knew they couldn't win so gave up and never came back. They lost. End of.
    They lost because they dident want to fight and got their ass kicked and fled.
    Retrieting doesent automatecly mean you lost.
    Lose a battle win the war.

Atleast 60 Hive ships, however more could have become active during that time and its unlikely due to the fractured nature of the Wraith that a single data recorder would have the locations of every ship. This doesn't include the cruisers or ships that may have been built.

Its stated they cant build ships, they dont have the builders etc for it.
    Look it up.
    You are saying that my reasoning is wrong because it isent backed up by canon? Its stated that there were 60ish in this galaxy( they werent fighting at that point).

Once again watch 'The Last Man'. We tried hunting them and got owned. With more ships at our disposal it may take longer for them to own us but it would still happen. Plus we can't detect Wraith ships like we could Replicator ones, we took out so many Replicator ships because we got the drop on them every time.
    We fought with a sigle ship that rushed into action.

Earth makes one ship a year. Those other countries have never made their own ships or shown the ability to do so. Please don't make stuff up.
    Learn your facts! Corolove anyone?
    You dont think china is gonna stand by letting russia and amerika have a space ship. There is gonna be another arms race? With GB amerika's ally it will make ships. Speculation yes but so is 99% of the topics etc.

Antarctica has only enough drones to fight of 2 Hives. This was stated in 'No Mans Land', how do you know Atlantis has a lot of drones? It won't have enough to take down the collective forces of the Wraith.
    It got alot of drones from the atlantis replica in "the tower"

We have 3 ships. Assuming the Odyssesy can take on 10 and the Phoenix is operational and we want to commit all our ships to fighting the Wraith they have more than 19 ships so we lose. Its not enough.

We have enough ships to start killing hives that arent in group, and since their is only 1 big alliance its safe to assume that the other hives arent in group.
    The Wraith have crappy ships? Well I say you have crappy knowledge of SG So basically what you're saying is we waste all our valuable puddle jumpers on suicide missions which may or may not work? Thats assuming we can make the jumpers work by remote control without a control chair.

I am on this forum because of my love for stargate, iv watched every episode of sg-1 douzens of times and have them all on dvd.
    Iv watched all atlantis episodes, i admit i dont have them on dvd but that just because atlantis isent as good as sg-1.
    Why are you making it personal? I like hearing your oppionion and i like giving mine. Lets keep it friendly

Valuable puddle jumpers? Half of the jumpers we have are broken and we dont even use them. Think about the jumpers in the normal hanger bays and in the "water" hanger ways. And about the jumpers in the "the tower" atlantis.
    Easely sacrificed.
    The Wraith have massive ships which in small numbers can over power our own. They also have way more ships than us. Therefore the Wraith win.
    They arent as good as our own ships you cant deny that?
    And since the wraith cant build ships, not at this moment do(could change)
    It would simply be a matter of time, picking them off 1 at a time.
    If you ever plaed a strategy game you should know that 1 strong unit is better then 10 weak 1's If the 10 units dont work together and dont have leadership.
    Next time you post. Offer something which is backed up by canon instead of your inflated opinion of Earth ships.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by BloodNight View Post
      I am on this forum because of my love for stargate, iv watched every episode of sg-1 douzens of times and have them all on dvd.
      Iv watched all atlantis episodes, i admit i dont have them on dvd but that just because atlantis isent as good as sg-1.
      Why are you making it personal? I like hearing your oppionion and i like giving mine. Lets keep it friendly
      Sorry if I offended you. I've had so many debates on this forum with annoying individuals (not saying you're one of them) who make stuff up I tend to lose patience quickly. I'll be friendly in future.

Valuable puddle jumpers? Half of the jumpers we have are broken and we dont even use them. Think about the jumpers in the normal hanger bays and in the "water" hanger ways. And about the jumpers in the "the tower" atlantis.
      Easely sacrificed.
      If half the jumpers are broken then they can't be remote controled. You also haven't offered a way for them to be remote controled when not in the vicinity of Atlantis. We use jumpers for transport, they're valuable ships.

They arent as good as our own ships you cant deny that?
      And since the wraith cant build ships, not at this moment do(could change)
      It would simply be a matter of time, picking them off 1 at a time.
      If you ever plaed a strategy game you should know that 1 strong unit is better then 10 weak 1's If the 10 units dont work together and dont have leadership.
      No they're not as good because we have Asgard wank tech at our disposal. Who says they can't build ships? How do you know the various factions aren't building ships? This is why I said back it up with canon. Its assumed they aren't building ships but its entirely possibly they have been building ships in light of the replicators,us and the civil war.

I have played many strategy games. It only takes 3 Hive ships to over power a 304 and the larger alliances will be more than capable of mustering this number of ships. If the Wraith decide to take action against us collectively then we can't win.

The best strategy is to wait till the civil war is over then attack them when they're weakness not bring them together again. Bare in mind in 'Allies' the Queen said the civil war would last beyond the Atlantis members life spans...there must be a fair amount of ships for that to be the case.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

the wraith will realise they are killing themselves, and just beat the crap out of us to continue their own little battles. ten ships assaulted atlantis and we had great trouble. what the hell do you think will happen if todd uses his knowledge to send a fleet of dozens of hives at us? how long would a 304 last? ten seconds of sustained fire perhaps? even the oddy cant last long. not to mention todd would actually manage his stuff and grow a fleet.

Comment

I say we wait until a faction of Wraith emerges as the winner, in the mean time we construct like a dozen ship yards/repair facilities with matter converters (shields, some decent power generators, out of phase tech and Asgard plasma cannons to aid in the defense of Atlantis) on Atlantis's current home world.
          Maybe even construct a few on other worlds that don't have Stargates, just build some long range communications, perhaps place Stargates on those worlds that can be isolated from the rest of the network only allowing travel to and from Atlantis and to the other ship yard worlds, but still requiring Iris's and IDCs to be used.
          Build a load of small, battle ships (similar in look to the 304s), just take away the 302 bays, most of the crew quarters, but keep most of the other systems and weapons.
          That way we could have ships about the same size as the traveler vessels, with significantly more powerful shields.
          We'd be ready to strategically strike at the Wraith when the time was right.

Antarctica has only enough drones to fight of 2 Hives. This was stated in 'No Mans Land', how do you know Atlantis has a lot of drones? It won't have enough to take down the collective forces of the Wraith.
          I know that you mentioned this in a previous discussion we had and I just wanted to say that I recently checked out that particular part of No Man's Land and it's only said that 2 mark 2 Naqueda generators are powering the outpost, there's no actual mention from anyone stating the combat effectiveness of the outpost at that time.
          So there could be any number of Drones there.
          I got the feeling that it was only the power generation that could hold back the outposts effectiveness against the Hives.

Comment

LANDRY: No. No contact yet. (He walks into the room.) Our tests of the Mark Two generator and the Chair in Antarctica are promising.

WEIR (sitting down again): "Promising." That doesn't sound very promising.

LANDRY: We're fairly confident the Ancient weapon will take care of the hive ships but doing so will probably require the last of our drones, and there goes our secret weapon. They'd really rather not have to do that. How'd it go with the I.O.A.?
            Thats from No Mans Land.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Thats from No Mans Land.
              Oh my apologies, I was thinking of when Weir sits down to chat to the IOA, I probably should have watched the whole episode again.

So we can't really rely on the outpost for the defense of Earth if the Wraith find a way to send more than two Hives.
              It's about time they built a satellite defense network for Earth, maybe they've built one by now otherwise we're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                Oh my apologies, I was thinking of when Weir sits down to chat to the IOA, I probably should have watched the whole episode again.

So we can't really rely on the outpost for the defense of Earth if the Wraith find a way to send more than two Hives.
                It's about time they built a satellite defense network for Earth, maybe they've built one by now otherwise we're screwed.

I recently re-watched "No Mans Land" and I found the comments your reffering to as very strange, especially as in "The Siege" Colonal Everett stated the ancient outpost commanded thousands of drones. now we used alot against anubis but that was against and entire fleet. surely 2 hive ships would not use up the last of our drones unless we only had 20 or 30. But even then we have seen a single drone to damage to wraith cruisers (episode with the penal colony) and even destroy a hatak vessel albeit due to secondary explosions(Good to be King).

Just seems like a gimic to me to make us look more defenseless than we actually are.

I think a satellite network unless it was cloaked would not work due to the SG programme being secret surely someone with a decent telescope would be able to see a few satellites that arent the usual type. (being synical i know ) I think a cloaked satellite system is the way to go although it would have to have some sort of fail safe where it could not target earth for obvious reasons.

Comment

We need more ships equiped with asgard weapons, that way its easy to defeat the wraith.
                  No, we REEAAALLLY don't. That would be soooo beardy it would make ronon look like a prepubescent teenager. The beam weapons are sooo bent its not even true. i wish we could uninvent the damn things. Earth should not have easy supremacy in space. Ever. Period.

Retrieting isent the same as loosing.

Earth produces 1 ship a year? They have to do it in secret with minimal recources.
                  What about China and Russia and even GB and France? They are going to make their own ships too.
                  in most cases, retreating is the same. Dunkirk, for example. however, I will agree that occasionally its not eg Corunna 1809, Talevera 1810, britain had to retreat but we still won the battles, we only retreated due to 1809 being outnumbered 10 - 1 and 1810 the Spanish didn't give us food.
                  however, in the Ancients case, they retreated cos they lost. Badly.

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                  I say we wait until a faction of Wraith emerges as the winner, in the mean time we construct like a dozen ship yards/repair facilities with matter converters (shields, some decent power generators, out of phase tech and Asgard plasma cannons to aid in the defense of Atlantis) on Atlantis's current home world.
                  Maybe even construct a few on other worlds that don't have Stargates, just build some long range communications, perhaps place Stargates on those worlds that can be isolated from the rest of the network only allowing travel to and from Atlantis and to the other ship yard worlds, but still requiring Iris's and IDCs to be used.
                  Build a load of small, battle ships (similar in look to the 304s), just take away the 302 bays, most of the crew quarters, but keep most of the other systems and weapons.
                  That way we could have ships about the same size as the traveler vessels, with significantly more powerful shields.
                  We'd be ready to strategically strike at the Wraith when the time was right.
                  All the concurring ever,there, bud. Up production of normal 304's,and have say four battle groups, one led by each broken fanwank asgard ship, but NO MORE BEAMS!!!! Please??????
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

i loved the beams. untill BAMSR

Comment

To be fair I dont mind the beams, yes they make our ships way to powerful, but at end of the day we still need help when fighitng alot of ships like in BAMSR

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
                        To be fair I dont mind the beams, yes they make our ships way to powerful, but at end of the day we still need help when fighitng alot of ships like in BAMSR
                        True. but they are still beardy. If we had more ships that would be good. Like Halo, we have many ships, but many get taken out, we need lots to win a fight.
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Really we need a few smaller vessells maybe traveller size or bigger get 10/20+ of them let a few of them take the hits while our bigger 304's do the damage

Comment

no we dont

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              no we dont
                              We need more ships, but more like the original 304. none of this beard.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I hate the beams, they came out of nowhere. It would have been better if they were standard Asgard weapons or if they had a draw back on our ships like limitied rate of fire due to power. But instead we get 304's with wank rays able to blow Hives to bits in a few shots or bizzarely take down a Cruiser in the same number. They're ridiculous, partly due to the way they are not consistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X