could Earth adapt Traveler's energy weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
    Actually 304's are supposed to be at least 550m, that is based on several people's scalings. But yeah a 100m vessel will not have power levels great enough to take on a Hive ship maybe not even a cruiser.
    if you take this site here
    Daedelus
    it say 225 meters and 1/4 of that is 55 meters and thats not big.

I say build a bigger ship and then use the DSC-304 for perm stay at PG. and make a shipe thats 15-20 times bigger then earth´s DSC-304.

If we get a ship thats that big it can have 2 or 4 DSC-304 in it´s bays.
    Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
    Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

Originally posted by Dagoo View Post
      if you take this site here
      Daedelus
      it say 225 meters and 1/4 of that is 55 meters and thats not big.

I say build a bigger ship and then use the DSC-304 for perm stay at PG. and make a shipe thats 15-20 times bigger then earth´s DSC-304.

If we get a ship thats that big it can have 2 or 4 DSC-304 in it´s bays.
      The magazines aren't canon. The Deadalus is way more than 225m long.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        What? in BAMSR, the traveller ships were putting some serious hurt on the Asurans. I rember seeing at least 2 blow up to traveller weapons....
        The only time the Travelers ships do any deadly damage to an Asuran Aurora in that battle is as the Tau'ri, Wraith and Traveler armada drops out of hyperspace, when the Asuran ships are caught off guard with their shields down.
        Later towards the end of the battle when we see one of the Traveler's ships get destroyed it's weapons just look like their getting absorbed by the Aurora's shields and at no point do they penetrate them later in the battle.

If you were going to try and use the Traveler's weapons to take out Hives and Cruisers I don't think they'd have the raw power needed to tackle the Wraith's ships hull armor unless they were used for a prolonged period.
        Perhaps they may work against a Cruiser 1 on 1 but not up against a Hive unless they drastically increased their shield strength to last longer in the battle.
        Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 18 November 2008, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          The magazines aren't canon. The Deadalus is way more than 225m long.
          Can you get me some links to the real size and more info (foto details egg.) to ship in Stargate.

but as you say that magazine is not 100% good to go after .. I seen that 2 DSC-304 ( delly and oddey) are not same size.
          Shows I see:Stargate, Bones, Fringe, Supernatural, V 2009, Top gear, Criminal Minds, Sanctuary
          Things I like:Kids, My wife, My god old Ferrari, My(wife´s) Audi RS4, Intel PC

Comment

According to the Stargate Wiki, the Deddy is ~225m in length. I mean It cant be too much more, as it only has a crew of about 150. Anything over 300-350m is too big imo.

Originally posted by Peoples_General
            Okay... its been established that the Ori have the Toiletbowl-Class as their standard warships.

We should also try to watch out for the Sink Class cruisers, the even more massive Tub-Class carriers as well as the utterly gigantic 30km long Jacuzzi-Class mobile starbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Legosim View Post
              According to the Stargate Wiki, the Deddy is ~225m in length. I mean It cant be too much more, as it only has a crew of about 150. Anything over 300-350m is too big imo.
              True. But it LOOKS way bigger than it's detailed size. the bridge looks tiny on the ship, yet it must be at least 20m long from rear to front. they get their perspectives all messed up in SG-1. Just look at camelot......
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The Stargate wikki is wrong. Factually, graphically, evidentially wrong. We have scaled it at 750m.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

We need more ships equiped with asgard weapons, that way its easy to defeat the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodNight View Post
                    We need more ships equiped with asgard weapons, that way its easy to defeat the wraith.
                    How many more? We can't match the productive capabilities of a galaxy spanning race. They beat the Ancients who had far superior technology to them and are far more equiped than us. We've done well due to guerrilla style warfare, if we decided to go on the offensive they'd draw us out and do what they did in, 'The Last Man'.

Its an ignorant comment to say 'easy to defeat the Wraith'.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

They managed to win from the ancients because the ancients gave up.
                      The wraith got the upper hand because they had enough food, zpms to clone their army.
                      Think about it, if we have 5 eath ships with asgrad weapons.
                      The only thing we need to do is to hunt the wraith ships and destroy them.
                      The wraith cant do **** against earth shields and weapons.
                      We could pick them off 1 at a time, randomly search planets, use the people of pegasus to help seach for the wraith.
                      Once you know where the ground forces are you can beam them away or destroy them from orbit.
                      We could even shut down the gate network so they cant run.
                      I can think of a hundred ways to get rid of the wraith with minimal work.
                      Why are the wraith not dead yet? They need an enemy.

Comment

They managed to win from the ancients because the ancients gave up.
                        The wraith got the upper hand because they had enough food, zpms to clone their army.
                        Think about it, if we have 5 eath ships with asgrad weapons.
                        The only thing we need to do is to hunt the wraith ships and destroy them.
                        The wraith cant do **** against earth shields and weapons.
                        We could pick them off 1 at a time, randomly search planets, use the people of pegasus to help seach for the wraith.
                        Once you know where the ground forces are you can beam them away or destroy them from orbit.
                        We could even shut down the gate network so they cant run.
                        I can think of a hundred ways to get rid of the wraith with minimal work.
                        Why are the wraith not dead yet? They need an enemy.
                        Sorry I know you're new but thats basically all wrong.

The Ancients gave up because they were under siege, they were beaten across the galaxy and only had Lantea left. The Wraith beat them, the Ancients didn't give up.

The Ancients had way more than 5 ships and they got beat. Watch 'The Last Man' 3 Hives owned the Phoenix in pretty much seconds (e.g. Asgard weapons went offline and the ship looked like it was falling apart). So clearly the Wraith can do something to our shields and weapons. Who says the Wraith will stick around in groups of 1. Our ships can't seem to handle small groups of Hives which means we'll have to hunt in packs also, sadly the kill rate will drop and the Wraith will get organised into even larger fleets.

100 ways with minimal work. So basically despite the characters in the SGA believing even a single Wraith fraction would be a challenge to defeat you can think of a 100 easy ways to take out not just a faction but the whole species?

What happens when Todd decides to take us out with his alliance. He could easily tell the Wraith where Atlantis is in which case we're screwed.

Comment

The ancient gave up they.
                          The lost alot and retrieted to atlantis witch was able to hold of for years if needed, they fled to our universe.
                          They could build another fleet and gone back to start the fight again.
                          Or think of a way to destroy them.
                          Ever though about the possebility of useing puddle jumpers with bombs and cloack, when their ships were in hibernation.Time enough to find all the ships without beeing detected and when you are sure you have them all you detonate them all at the same time.
                          We could even ask a "prior" to use his ship to destroy the wraith with his ship(the ship isent damaged with energy fire)
                          I just gave the ancients a way to destroy the wraith without bloodshed.
                          The ancient ships are DRONES to attack and destroy without drones their ships are worthless.
                          In the episode the last man you also see that the phoenix took out several ships.
                          Dident it get anbushed or something? I should look the episode again but dont have it on the computer.
                          The largest wraith alliance it 15-20 ships, so you would need 7-8 ships to get rid of them all at once. The other fractions are small .
                          Im just saying that if you send several earth ships to battle against the wraith you can overpower them easily? The dont have the food supply and power to mass produce warriors. They dont have enough means to create alot of ships. We have the advantage, we have better technolegy have earth to produce ships without interference.He wants to come to atlantis let him come, drones and a few ships should be enough.
                          Last edited by BloodNight; 21 November 2008, 08:31 AM.

Comment

The ancient gave up they.
                            The lost alot and retrieted to atlantis witch was able to hold of for years if needed, they fled to our universe.
                            So they lost. Giving up because victory is impossible is the same as losing.

They could build another fleet and gone back to start the fight again.
                            The ancient ships are DRONES to attack and destroy without drones their ships are worthless.
                            How could they build more ships? The MW was too primative.

In the episode the last man you also see that the phoenix took out several ships.
                            Dident it get anbushed or something? I should look the episode again but dont have it on the computer.
                            No it took out one ship with the Asgard weapons and ran when the second started firing on it. Later it got ambushed by 3 Hive ships, however its shields were up from the start and in 10'ish seconds it lost Asgard weapons. In a further minute and a half the ship was rammed into one of the Hives which exploded with enough force to take out the other 2.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jOILyU37OZ0

As you can see 3 Hives > a 304.

The largest wraith alliance it 15-20 ships, so you would need 7-8 ships to get rid of them all at once. The other fractions are small .
                            Source? This has never been said in canon. 15-20 could take out our entire fleet.

Im just saying that if you send several earth ships to battle against the wraith you can overpower them easily? The dont have the food supply and power to mass produce warriors. They dont have enough means to create alot of ships. We have the advantage, we have better technolegy have earth to produce ships without interference.He wants to come to atlantis let him come, drones and a few ships should be enough.
                            And I'm saying what you're saying is rubbish. Several ships can not over power the Wraith much less with ease, basically thats just another Earth owns all opinion which is quite frankly stupid. They don't need to mass produce troops they can own us with their ships. We produce 1 ship a year, oooooooh noooooo 1 ship!:rolleyes. We have better tech but then again so did the Ancients. A few ships and whatever drones Atlantis has against the collective forces of the Wraith.

Do you not realize its been said atleast twice that a single dominate Wraith fraction would be a threat? And you think we can take on much more than that. I guess you know better than John Sheppard?

Comment

In "the queen" its stated the she hold the largest alliance of 15-20 ships.

Retrieting isent the same as loosing.

In the early episodes its stated that the wraith have 60 ish ships in this galaxy.

When earth was hunting the replicators it managed to take out alot of ships before they grouped together. Replicator were stronger then wraith ships.

Earth produces 1 ship a year? They have to do it in secret with minimal recources.
                              What about China and Russia and even GB and France? They are going to make their own ships too.

Atlantis has alot of drones, and we could even use those in antactica to defend and destroy ships.

Even if the ratio is 1-3 earth/wraith. we could still take out more then enough.
                              In the beginning when they started to block the beaming we took damadge from 4-5 ish ships and got away. If we group our ships they cant touch us.

The wraith have crapy ships and we have crapy ships with awsome asgard weapons.
                              We win!
                              We could even bomb them with remote controlled puddle jumpers with a bomb in it.
                              Last edited by BloodNight; 21 November 2008, 08:59 AM.

Comment

In "the queen" its stated the she hold the largest alliance of 15-20 ships.
                                No she was head of Todd's alliance which was losing, it was never specified how many ships it had.

Retrieting isent the same as loosing.
                                Ofcourse it is. They knew they couldn't win so gave up and never came back. They lost. End of.

In the early episodes its stated that the wraith have 60 ish ships in this galaxy.
                                Atleast 60 Hive ships, however more could have become active during that time and its unlikely due to the fractured nature of the Wraith that a single data recorder would have the locations of every ship. This doesn't include the cruisers or ships that may have been built.

When earth was hunting the replicators it managed to take out alot of ships before they grouped together. Replicator were stronger then wraith ships.
                                Once again watch 'The Last Man'. We tried hunting them and got owned. With more ships at our disposal it may take longer for them to own us but it would still happen. Plus we can't detect Wraith ships like we could Replicator ones, we took out so many Replicator ships because we got the drop on them every time.

Earth produces 1 ship a year? They have to do it in secret with minimal recources.
                                What about China and Russia and even GB and France? They are going to make their own ships too.
                                Earth makes one ship a year. Those other countries have never made their own ships or shown the ability to do so. Please don't make stuff up.

Atlantis has alot of drones, and we could even use those in antactica to defend and destroy ships.
                                Antarctica has only enough drones to fight of 2 Hives. This was stated in 'No Mans Land', how do you know Atlantis has a lot of drones? It won't have enough to take down the collective forces of the Wraith.

Even if the ratio is 1-3 earth/wraith. we could still take out more then enough.
                                We have 3 ships. Assuming the Odyssesy can take on 10 and the Phoenix is operational and we want to commit all our ships to fighting the Wraith they have more than 19 ships so we lose. Its not enough.

The wraith have crapy ships and we have crapy ships with awsome asgard weapons.
                                We win!
                                We could even bomb them with remote controlled puddle jumpers with a bomb in it.
                                [/QUOTE]

The Wraith have crappy ships? Well I say you have crappy knowledge of SG So basically what you're saying is we waste all our valuable puddle jumpers on suicide missions which may or may not work? Thats assuming we can make the jumpers work by remote control without a control chair.

The Wraith have massive ships which in small numbers can over power our own. They also have way more ships than us. Therefore the Wraith win.

Next time you post. Offer something which is backed up by canon instead of your inflated opinion of Earth ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X