could Earth adapt Traveler's energy weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
    feeling the need to create a beardy thread now, maybe something about comparing the scots to goa'uld or something just to get the medal

If that was meant to be a complement, it wasn't. That will recieve no medals. And from now on you must work doubly hard for them. hahahah

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
    I take it my only thread, the 'Human City ship thread' with shields equaling the strength of Atlantis wouldn't be deserving of a Beardy Meredith Medal then?

God I hope not, a Meredith Medal would be good though.
    True. And it would have to be embossed with a smug effigy of the ...*coughs* great man himself.

.....dear God, what I have created........
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post

If that was meant to be a complement, it wasn't. That will recieve no medals. And from now on you must work doubly hard for them. hahahah

True. And it would have to be embossed with a smug effigy of the ...*coughs* great man himself.

.....dear God, what I have created........

was aiming for a beady medal!

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
        was aiming for a beady medal!
        Well, consider urself beard-ified. Congrats, u just became the first recipient of the beardy medal. Now I must quickly back-track and award this to that bothersome fanboy thread..............
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Well, consider urself beard-ified. Congrats, u just became the first recipient of the beardy medal. Now I must quickly back-track and award this to that bothersome fanboy thread..............
          I was actually quite fond of the the day the wraith kissed their corpse white behinds goodbye' thread, I thought ASAKATA didn't have too bad an idea, I mean as perhaps the ultimate DS9-like ending to the Wraith story ark it could've worked as a one off, with some awesome SFX, but then again I like the odd bit of beardy-Fan****yness every now and then.
          Sounds like EATG may turn into a deserving recipient of a Meredith Medal, with only a slight amount of extra beardyness as it may be suspenseful.

Comment

I was actually quite fond of the the day the wraith kissed their corpse white behinds goodbye' thread, I thought ASAKATA didn't have too bad an idea, I mean as perhaps the ultimate DS9-like ending to the Wraith story ark it could've worked as a one off, with some awesome SFX, but then again I like the odd bit of beardy-Fan****yness every now and then.
            Sounds like EATG may turn into a deserving recipient of a Meredith Medal, with only a slight amount of extra beardyness as it may be suspenseful.
            Fanwank and Fanboy aren't always the same, imo. U can be a fan boy without having to be beardy. I, for example, am a complete British, and to a further extent, Scottish, fanboy. I want RMC in stargate. Now, that only becomes fanwank if I say 'I want RMC, and they have to be invincible, the best, no one can kill them and they always win....'
            That is true beard. (Even if it is true in real life.....)
            SO, yeah, a few more 304s would be awesome. Tooled up 304's that can blink and the enemy dies, not so.......
            sigpic
            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Fanwank and Fanboy aren't always the same, imo. U can be a fan boy without having to be beardy. I, for example, am a complete British, and to a further extent, Scottish, fanboy. I want RMC in stargate. Now, that only becomes fanwank if I say 'I want RMC, and they have to be invincible, the best, no one can kill them and they always win....'
              That is true beard. (Even if it is true in real life.....)
              SO, yeah, a few more 304s would be awesome. Tooled up 304's that can blink and the enemy dies, not so.......
              I didn't realise you'd replied to my last post, so sorry for the delay in responding.
              I understand what you mean with regards to Fanwank and Fanboy.
              I think the 304s are fine coz they lack the shield power to sustain too much enemy fire.
              I'm a Brit too and will be glad to see RMC in Universe.

Oh how this thread has moved away from the topic now, to get it back there I'll say I hope we see the Travelers in a future Stargate story, perhaps we'll even see some equivalent to their weapons on a future Tauri vessel.

Comment

I didn't realise you'd replied to my last post, so sorry for the delay in responding.
                I understand what you mean with regards to Fanwank and Fanboy.
                I think the 304s are fine coz they lack the shield power to sustain too much enemy fire.
                I'm a Brit too and will be glad to see RMC in Universe.

Oh how this thread has moved away from the topic now, to get it back there I'll say I hope we see the Travelers in a future Stargate story, perhaps we'll even see some equivalent to their weapons on a future Tauri vessel.
                Tis all good, bud.

Now, if they got the travellers involved in EATG, that would have rocked! It would have matched established cannon, and would have allowed for a better space battle!
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Tis all good, bud.

Now, if they got the travellers involved in EATG, that would have rocked! It would have matched established cannon, and would have allowed for a better space battle!
                  Cool.

Yeah EATG pretty much sucked for me, Fanwank in the WRONG direction with the Hive, it just seemed too much and even Fanwank doesn't do it justice in the grandeur of how over the top that thing was.
                  Spoiler:
                  Be more powerful yes if you're a Hive powered off of a ZPM, but don't be so powerful it stops becoming fun anymore.
                  That thing could have handed the entire Wraith fleet it's own butt.

Having the Travelers in it would have helped, they could have even brought back The Lost Tribe as I think seeing the two races face off against each other makes for something pretty special and I could see TLT making some improvements to at least put them on a level playing field with the Traveler's ships.
                  Perhaps a Lost Tribe battle ship for the SGA movie and a Traveler centered story?

Comment

Cool.

Yeah EATG pretty much sucked for me, Fanwank in the WRONG direction with the Hive, it just seemed too much and even Fanwank doesn't do it justice in the grandeur of how over the top that thing was.
                    Spoiler:
                    Be more powerful yes if you're a Hive powered off of a ZPM, but don't be so powerful it stops becoming fun anymore.
                    That thing could have handed the entire Wraith fleet it's own butt.

Having the Travelers in it would have helped, they could have even brought back The Lost Tribe as I think seeing the two races face off against each other makes for something pretty special and I could see TLT making some improvements to at least put them on a level playing field with the Traveler's ships.
                    Perhaps a Lost Tribe battle ship for the SGA movie and a Traveler centered story?

they didn't even have to have helped much, but It would have gone with the fluff a lot better.
                    And the tactics the USAF use are abismal (sp). I mean, come on!
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The travlers are definatly the smartest race in space combat they move don't atack perpendicular to screw up enemy fireing arcs and double up on one target

It makes sence though as they live in space and have done for a very long time.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

they didn't even have to have helped much, but It would have gone with the fluff a lot better.
                        And the tactics the USAF use are abismal (sp). I mean, come on!
                        I didn't mean in a tactical sense, but as far as the story may have gone having the Travelers and maybe The Lost Tribe as the actual attackers would have been a better way to go.
                        Spoiler:
                        TPTB should have saved something like the Hive for a future movie, where they could spread things out a bit, add in some more battles, or one mother of all Wraith attacking Earth and everything Earth has to offer battle, with some actual sci-fi realism instead of just Earth nearly getting creamed again.
                        It's about time Earth had some defenses they'd made themselves other than the ships and 302s.

The USAF definitely suck, they are abysmal (using Firefox and that seems to agree with it's auto-spell checker ) and anyone who's had the tech they've had for two years should be able to string together something that could help Earth in their 'tough' times.

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                        The travlers are definatly the smartest race in space combat they move don't atack perpendicular to screw up enemy fireing arcs and double up on one target

It makes sence though as they live in space and have done for a very long time.
                        The Travelers absolutely rock.
                        When I first read TPTB were going to feature them I was hoping they would be some highly advanced race (more advanced than the Tauri was at the time), but the more we've seen of them and their 'used' technology, the more I like them as they actually seem Human.

The Travelers have definitely got the moves and some hot ladies to boot, well two that I can remember (Lerrin and the ship captain in The Lost Tribe).

Comment

Hot space ladies with awsome guns

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

traveller guns are NICE now i wanna see the ones on their ship...

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
                              Hot space ladies with awsome guns
                              Mmmm nice.

Now we've got a thunk thread I believe.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              traveller guns are NICE now i wanna see the ones on their ship...
                              That they are, but do you mean guns (as in energy weapons) or something else?

Comment

the guns on their ship. i made a Traveller cruiser, but my computer is calculating the geometry (for renders) for over 15 minutes now.

Comment

Working...
                                X