No announcement yet.

Ship vs Ship ratios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a wraith cruiser is far more potent per ton than a hive because cruisers are pue warships the hive is jack of all trades city/ harvester/ carier/ battleship/ hive ect hence the crusier taking 2 shots

also the hives killed in 3 had been fighting.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The Hive was killed by 3 lucky shots IMO. Notice how the second Hive too minimal damage from the beams.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Just once more for my stupidity.
        We are talking about 304's BEFORE beam tech? I must assume so, because its the only way a 304 can beat anything more than a grannies shopping trolley.
        With beam tech, I'd say 3 ori motherships, maybe 4. at least 5 hives, as they don't have awesome shields. As for ha'tak.............*s******s*
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
          Just once more for my stupidity.
          We are talking about 304's BEFORE beam tech? I must assume so, because its the only way a 304 can beat anything more than a grannies shopping trolley.
          With beam tech, I'd say 3 ori motherships, maybe 4. at least 5 hives, as they don't have awesome shields. As for ha'tak.............*s******s*
          i'm talking about the 304s after they got the beams. 3 Ori motherships is a bit excessive. It only took two to force the ZPM enhanced Odyssey to retreat. 4 or 5 hives would definitely do it. If they surround the 304 at such a distance that they can surround it without knocking into each other that is.

That way they can pin it in and it can't out maneuver them.

Comment

the only way a 304 could possible outmaneuver 4 or 5 Wraith hives surrounding it would be just to retreat into hyperspace.
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

the only reason the 304 always win is because it is so compact and maneuverable, if it was a large as a hatak or cruiser and less maneuverable it would be toast

what about a traveller ship vs a hatak, i think the hatak would win because they wouldnt be as old as a traveller ship
              sigpic

Comment

only 1 problem i can think of with that:
                1.a 304 is larger then a hatak
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Hataks are probably the weakest, do to their small size and relatively weak shields.

I don't think we should count the BAMSR Aurora's as Ancient warships, because from Spoils of War we were told that the Ancietn warships were practically invincible compared to the Hive ships, and that it took many Hives to overpower 1 Aurora class. That's powerful, given the fact that the 304s shields were never upgraded, and the Hives could do a lot of damage to the earth ships. we really don't know the strength of the Travelers shields either, as BAMSR skewed the shield strengths.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by _Famrir_ View Post
                    the only reason the 304 always win is because it is so compact and maneuverable, if it was a large as a hatak or cruiser and less maneuverable it would be toast

what about a traveller ship vs a hatak, i think the hatak would win because they wouldnt be as old as a traveller ship
                    No, they always win because of plot shields. Look at poor Korolev. Russian, so no plot shield
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                      only 1 problem i can think of with that:
                      1.a 304 is larger then a hatak
                      NO WAI!!!
                      A 304 is smaller than a ha'tak.
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                        NO WAI!!!
                        A 304 is smaller than a ha'tak.
                        True. a 304 not much bigger than the Prommy, and the prommy was smaller than the Ha'taks that attacked earth. (Not inc. Anubis ship. his was mahusive!)
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                          True. a 304 not much bigger than the Prommy, and the prommy was smaller than the Ha'taks that attacked earth. (Not inc. Anubis ship. his was mahusive!)
                          These are the approx scales I use...
                          Spoiler:

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

The Hat'ak's shields can't be that weak. Anubis's upgrades allowed them to take on and destroy an Asgard ship.

The upgrades by the replicators will have done a lot as well.

It's either the upgades haven't been accessed by the entire Ha'tak fleet (understandable given that the goa'uld have been overthrown)

The ha'taks took the brunt of the Ori attack

Plot shields.

What about Anubis's mothership.

How many Ori ship could it deal with.
                            Last edited by Zalenka; 20 September 2008, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                              the only way a 304 could possible outmaneuver 4 or 5 Wraith hives surrounding it would be just to retreat into hyperspace.
                              It is quite niffty. If it gets in between them then they can't fire on it as they'll hit each other.

Here is a question. If the Hives that took out the phoenix hadn't been so close together would it have ended in a draw. The other two would of survived wouln't they?

Hives do seem vulnerable in that if one of them goes they all go.

What other ships are there? We must be missing some out.

Comment

An upgraded 304 could easily take on 2-3 Ori Warships. They just have to keep moving, and abuse their superior speed. In Unending, they spent most of their time running in a realitivly straight line. They didn't really use the weapons till they where surrounded and the shields where at ~20%. Really, 304s in battle should move a lot more, not stand there and act like a battleship. I'm pretty sure there almost as fast as the X-303, and acoriding to Carter in Prometheus, that could go almost 0.5 light speed. Yet they almost never use those Sublight engines =(

Comment

Working...
                                X