• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    with a crew of suicidal maniacs
    it's called Jaffas ^^

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
      Am I the only one who's ever thought of hyperdrive bombs? Create a bomb that has a weak hyperdrive installed in with a power source that has enough energy stored to make a single hyperdrive jump. Then, install in it an A.I program that is programmed to calculate the hyperspace jump so that the ship will come out of hyperspace exactly inside the 304. Then, boom! It's over. Hyperdrives can bypass shields like they can bypass anything because hyperspace is "outside" space, meaning that you can jump out of hyperspace anywhere in space. Sure, installing hyperdrives and an A.I program in each bomb is very expensive, but if you are confronting an enemy with uber shields that wants to genocide you, then cost is secondary. Also, Earth has only 3 of these ships with uber Asgard shields, so you would only need 3 such bombs which is not expensive at all.
      something like this was done in star wars: dark empire the galaxy gun fired massive hyperdrive enabled missiles it was devestating and was considered a superwepon

its been shown the ubber beams cant track verry quick why not get a load of smalish ships wraith crusies al'kesh or whatever strip down each one and atach one of the bigest gun you could mount then fly round in in tight ish circles bombarding it you yould also need some wraith darts or gliders to handle the 302s aswel

the asgard wepons are solid beams usualy its posible to defract something like that i wonder if its posible maybe do it with a very angled sheild or a superconductive hull to disperse the energy and somethign to dump it out again

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
        well if it were possible why didint the other earth in the road not taken, just hyperspace past the ori motherships shields and deploy a nuke and jump away? or why didint we use that stategy when they came through the supergate? thats because i bet it only works on goauld ships, or the writers thought it to be too convieniet so they forgot it ever happened, in which case, its now impossible to do it.
        It's a cheap cop-out. I'm sure the hyperdrive on our 304s are the most expensive things about it; seeing as we've only built 5 hyperdrives so far; putting them on missiles or ad-hoc missiles wouldn't be the most cost effective tactic out there. And TPTB, like all TPTB out there, tend to change their laws and overlook others for the sake of danger, suspense and drama. Obvious solutions to difficult problems make for bad TV.

and what i meant about fireing on the ship was that when it appears inside our shield, which creates a bubble around the ship thus allowing some room for the 302 inside to both manuver into position to take out the engines, but before they can do that we can take him out with railguns, as they were desinged for a point defense sytem.
        An exploding Hyperdrive would probably take out most, if not all, of the ship; it wouldn't need to move into position at all- smashing anywhere into the ship, whether it be the bridge, engines, 302 bays, etc would probably result in a an instant kill, especially if it's Naquadah enhanced; leaving little to no time to railgun down a tiny ship that's just jumped into view before colliding with exploding your ship in about 3 seconds flat.

Also, I like both of First's ideas. If rings do deactivate bombs via transit, a strike team would be just as good- either made up of Super Soldier Armour or Replicators.

Also, sending Replicator Probes towards the 304 would work, regardless of it being shielded or not; the shields are only designed to prevent energy from entering thr ship, physical objects such as replicators should have no problem; colliding with the ship then burning their way in; sort of like a ship-attacking Berserker Probe.

Comment

Actualy, considering that our railguns do not pierce shields, I'd say the relicator use their energy absorbtion ability to pass htough shields.

Comment

It's a cheap cop-out. I'm sure the hyperdrive on our 304s are the most expensive things about it; seeing as we've only built 5 hyperdrives so far; putting them on missiles or ad-hoc missiles wouldn't be the most cost effective tactic out there. And TPTB, like all TPTB out there, tend to change their laws and overlook others for the sake of danger, suspense and drama. Obvious solutions to difficult problems make for bad TV.

An exploding Hyperdrive would probably take out most, if not all, of the ship; it wouldn't need to move into position at all- smashing anywhere into the ship, whether it be the bridge, engines, 302 bays, etc would probably result in a an instant kill, especially if it's Naquadah enhanced; leaving little to no time to railgun down a tiny ship that's just jumped into view before colliding with exploding your ship in about 3 seconds flat.

Also, I like both of First's ideas. If rings do deactivate bombs via transit, a strike team would be just as good- either made up of Super Soldier Armour or Replicators.

Also, sending Replicator Probes towards the 304 would work, regardless of it being shielded or not; the shields are only designed to prevent energy from entering thr ship, physical objects such as replicators should have no problem; colliding with the ship then burning their way in; sort of like a ship-attacking Berserker Probe.

i was not talking about missils i was talking about the 302s. they could have just hyperspaced past the shield of the ori mothership and deployed a nuke and got the hell outta there. but they didint which was why i said it is most likely that hyperspacing past the shields was either not possible with ori or any ther ships besides goauld ships, or the writer didint like that you could jump past their shields so they forgot it ever happened imo any way. and you can make even the simplest of solution seem suspencefull if you want too so i have no doubt that if the writers wanted to use that tactic, they could have made it intresting. but since they havent used it since season 6 idoubt that they ever really wanted to use it but they just had to.

and what i was saying was that the 302 that could theoretically jump past our shields would have to manuver a little bit to stop from colliding with the ship, so he can fire whatever wepon he intends to and then run away, but while hes manuvering, we can take him out with our railguns. after all they are designed for point blank range. he wouldnt ram the ship. or at least thats what that one guy was saying
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
              i was not talking about missils i was talking about the 302s. they could have just hyperspaced past the shield of the ori mothership and deployed a nuke and got the hell outta there. but they didint which was why i said it is most likely that hyperspacing past the shields was either not possible with ori or any ther ships besides goauld ships, or the writer didint like that you could jump past their shields so they forgot it ever happened imo any way. and you can make even the simplest of solution seem suspencefull if you want too so i have no doubt that if the writers wanted to use that tactic, they could have made it intresting. but since they havent used it since season 6 idoubt that they ever really wanted to use it but they just had to.

and what i was saying was that the 302 that could theoretically jump past our shields would have to manuver a little bit to stop from colliding with the ship, so he can fire whatever wepon he intends to and then run away, but while hes manuvering, we can take him out with our railguns. after all they are designed for point blank range. he wouldnt ram the ship. or at least thats what that one guy was saying
              Oh, I assumed he was talking about turning a 302 into an ad hoc missile and ramming the ship out of hyperspace; it would be far easier and safer than risking the life of a pilot, giving him a miniscule window of opportunity to jump in, fire the nuke, then jump out again before the nuke detonates or the railguns shoot it down; like you said. Also, accuracy would be crucial in a scenario like this.

So yeah, shooting a 302 designed for firing a nuke inside the shields would be a pretty risky idea and would probably, most of the time, end in failure. But using it as a jump-missile would probably work; unless TPTB deside to be contrary and retcon their own laws again for the sake of making our ships become even more impenetrable.

Comment

Why wouldn't hyperjumping past the shields work? Shields are shields; I doubt they encompass the ship in hyperspace too; just in the regular 3 Dimensions; if it works on a Goa'uld ship, it stands to reason that it'd work on a 304 or Asgard ship.

And since it's coming in from hyperspace, then it's probably travelling from a distance greater than our weapons range; we wouldn't have time to fire upon it when it suddenly appears metres away (or inside) the hull of a 304.

That said, I really hate the idea of ramming ships with other ships. Ships aren't expendable, the idea in most battles is to destroy the opposition with as little casualties to your own side as possible; otherwise it'll just result in a Pyhrric victory at best. Ramming the ship should be a last-ditch attempt if anything, if you take down 1 opponents ship and 1 of your own; you're still left with the same ratio as you had before; which unless you have a fleet load of expendable, cheap, easily-manufactured ships at your disposal; with a crew of suicidal maniacs, then it's not really a decent tactic to use at all.
                the trust since being taken over by ball(spelling?) surely have za'tarc brainwashing technology and so suicidal maniacs are exactly their area,plus they dont need a fleet, they also had free reign on earth and to earths stargate program so would be able to acquire a 302 and even though i agree ships arent expendable the trust(goauld) are egomaniacs and so would do it just for the bragging rights

Comment

All you need are two ori ships or three Hives.

Comment

Working...
                  X