No announcement yet.

Bringing down a 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not sure but i recall they said something about the shield being weaker when they shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Gersho View Post
      not sure but i recall they said something about the shield being weaker when they shoot

Ah, fair enough. I assume the same applies to our 304s then with our Asgard Beams, so all that would be needed is the Al'kesh/ Ha'tak/ Mothership to draw it's fire, then ring onboard a Nuke. I'm sure that the shields could take one blast from a 304 without being destroyed, so it gives it some window of opportunity to take advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        Ah, fair enough. I assume the same applies to our 304s then with our Asgard Beams, so all that would be needed is the Al'kesh/ Ha'tak/ Mothership to draw it's fire, then ring onboard a Nuke. I'm sure that the shields could take one blast from a 304 without being destroyed, so it gives it some window of opportunity to take advantage of.

I dunno, because the fact that the shield gets weaker when they shoot should mean it relies on the same power supply, meaning their shield is maybe not on buffer, but well, except if someone got the blueprints of both ships we can't really know

Comment

So, the Ori just overlooked the fact that their shields were ring-penetrable during Flesh and Blood when Daniel ringed aboard?
          that was an anomolly that happens when they fire their main wepons that the writer had to put in there so that daniel could escape as well as give us the illusion of maybe almost taking out a ship with a nuke. but our ships on the other hand dont have that loophole.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

no i dont think so because our asgard beams are way less powerful than the ori mega blasts. plus there wepon actually has to charge for a second or two before they can fire again and i bet that that massive drain of power is what causes the fluctuation in their shields and we dont really have that problem and not to mention the fact that rings can be programed not to let through explosives, as the ori's did, and if its possible then im sure we would have done that too.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

nice toughts.. but all you really need is one ship that appears to be drifting in space. you make sure that it´s picked upp by atlantis long range scans, but no where near a gate. Daedalus or Apollo swings by with sheppard and his team, and as soon as Mckay tries to interface with the ship..... it goes boom, taking out ship and main cast
              McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
              O'Neill: "Huh?"
              Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."
              O'Neill (to McKay): I'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                no i dont think so because our asgard beams are way less powerful than the ori mega blasts. plus there wepon actually has to charge for a second or two before they can fire again and i bet that that massive drain of power is what causes the fluctuation in their shields and we dont really have that problem and not to mention the fact that rings can be programed not to let through explosives, as the ori's did, and if its possible then im sure we would have done that too.
                When have rings been programmed not to allow explosives onboard? Ra's ship from the original movie allowed a Nuke to ring onboard?

Our Asgard Beams are now ZPMed & Unending up'd, they're more powerful now than before.

Would the fluxuation in the shields be caused by power drainage? The energy stream on a ring transport can't be that strong compared to whatever we're firing at them, so if a ring can penetrate the shields when they're low on power, a weapons beam must do also. Seeing as this isn't the case and the shields still work, it must be another reason- perhaps the discharge from firing the weapon interferes with the shields in such a way that it allows small streams of energy to break through, or those of little power perhaps.

Simple Deus Ex Machina Flaws like this annoy me, especially when they only apply to the enemy combatants, leaving them with a severe, overlooked weakness and us with an impenetrable ship that doesn't follow the same rules as everyone else.

Comment

When have rings been programmed not to allow explosives onboard? Ra's ship from the original movie allowed a Nuke to ring onboard?

Our Asgard Beams are now ZPMed & Unending up'd, they're more powerful now than before.

Would the fluxuation in the shields be caused by power drainage? The energy stream on a ring transport can't be that strong compared to whatever we're firing at them, so if a ring can penetrate the shields when they're low on power, a weapons beam must do also. Seeing as this isn't the case and the shields still work, it must be another reason- perhaps the discharge from firing the weapon interferes with the shields in such a way that it allows small streams of energy to break through, or those of little power perhaps.

Simple Deus Ex Machina Flaws like this annoy me, especially when they only apply to the enemy combatants, leaving them with a severe, overlooked weakness and us with an impenetrable ship that doesn't follow the same rules as everyone else.

when they are fighting the ori mothership with three ha'taks they make the mothership fire and when they detect the fluctuation, they ringed an explosive onboard but nothing happened. the rings came on and sent over the bomb but it didint do anything to the ship, thus they must be programed not too allow explosives through. and so if the ori can do it, so can we. it shouldnt be too hard.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

when they are fighting the ori mothership with three ha'taks they make the mothership fire and when they detect the fluctuation, they ringed an explosive onboard but nothing happened. the rings came on and sent over the bomb but it didint do anything to the ship, thus they must be programed not too allow explosives through. and so if the ori can do it, so can we. it shouldnt be too hard.
                    Nope, the Asgard have systems in place to prevent internal explosions, I would imagine the Ori would too.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                      Nope, the Asgard have systems in place to prevent internal explosions, I would imagine the Ori would too.

the explosive they ringed over was comprable to a nuke. no system can suppress a nuclear blast.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

the explosive they ringed over was comprable to a nuke. no system can suppress a nuclear blast.
                        Wait, what? With all the wonderous Tech we've seen- Stargates, Dakara Devices, Hyperdrives, ZPMS, etc... you're saying that it's impossible to supress a Nuclear Blast?

Comment

The Ori/Asgard bomb defuser thing might just be programmed to recognise a wide variety of potential explosive device configurations and simply not rematerialize them at all.

Comment

Wait, what? With all the wonderous Tech we've seen- Stargates, Dakara Devices, Hyperdrives, ZPMS, etc... you're saying that it's impossible to supress a Nuclear Blast?

no theres only one thing that can protect you from a nuclear blast and thats a shield. and since thats on the outside of the ship then the rings must have filtered out the bomb.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

no theres only one thing that can protect you from a nuclear blast and thats a shield. and since thats on the outside of the ship then the rings must have filtered out the bomb.
                              It wasn't the blast though, it was the actual bomb that was stopped from detonating. Possibly by some device that alters the state of the atoms, prevents parts of the bomb from coming into contact or prevents electronic signals from passing through it. The rings seems like pretty basic devices; no control panels and such, they're probably not altered much.

Comment

It wasn't the blast though, it was the actual bomb that was stopped from detonating. Possibly by some device that alters the state of the atoms, prevents parts of the bomb from coming into contact or prevents electronic signals from passing through it. The rings seems like pretty basic devices; no control panels and such, they're probably not altered much.

when the rings dematerialize something, its information down to the molecular level is sent to another set of rings, so when that set of rings reads the info they detect that it is an explosive device and decides not to reintegrate it. thus filtering out the bomb. its proboly the same way sg1s wepons were not transported to the hall of wisdon in the episode red sky.it filtered out the wepons.
                                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                                X