No announcement yet.

Bringing down a 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 hives can bring down a 304. 3 can do it but the 304 can ram them and it's a draw as everyting gets blown up. 4 could wipe it out quite easily.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
      when the rings dematerialize something, its information down to the molecular level is sent to another set of rings, so when that set of rings reads the info they detect that it is an explosive device and decides not to reintegrate it. thus filtering out the bomb. its proboly the same way sg1s wepons were not transported to the hall of wisdon in the episode red sky.it filtered out the wepons.
      The Nuke was transported in the original Stargate movie, which detonated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
        The Nuke was transported in the original Stargate movie, which detonated.

thats because ra was just using the technology he didint build it so he dosent know how to reprogram it to do that. however since the ori built the rings, they could have easily programed them not to reintegrate explosives.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

thats because ra was just using the technology he didint build it so he dosent know how to reprogram it to do that. however since the ori built the rings, they could have easily programed them not to reintegrate explosives.
          He managed to build a flying pyramid. I'm sure he could reprogram the rings. The Goa'uld were pretty inept at inventing their own technologies, but they were pretty damn good at scavenging and reverse engineering things.

Also, he would have to build the rings, I doubt all the Goa'uld ships and platforms were just ripped off previous built rings that the Ancients left behind.

Comment

He managed to build a flying pyramid. I'm sure he could reprogram the rings. The Goa'uld were pretty inept at inventing their own technologies, but they were pretty damn good at scavenging and reverse engineering things.

Also, he would have to build the rings, I doubt all the Goa'uld ships and platforms were just ripped off previous built rings that the Ancients left behind.

i meant he didnt design them so he dosent know everything about them.

and im sure that he wasnt all that concerned with filtering out explosives because who would dare try and kill him. he was the master system lord. he controlled the entire galaxy. a guy that cocky is bound to make a mistake, besides, maybe reprograming them is extremely complicated. i mean we saw how complicated it was to reprogram the dakara superwepon and the stargate so maybe he felt secure eneough. plus he had shields. im sure he felt safe and secure behind those because goaulds dont have the same problem with their shields and rings like th ori. and pretty much whoever was in ring range would be an ally or he would have his shield up, thus making the complicated modifications unnessisary.
            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i meant he didnt design them so he dosent know everything about them.

and im sure that he wasnt all that concerned with filtering out explosives because who would dare try and kill him. he was the master system lord. he controlled the entire galaxy. a guy that cocky is bound to make a mistake, besides, maybe reprograming them is extremely complicated. i mean we saw how complicated it was to reprogram the dakara superwepon and the stargate so maybe he felt secure eneough. plus he had shields. im sure he felt safe and secure behind those because goaulds dont have the same problem with their shields and rings like th ori. and pretty much whoever was in ring range would be an ally or he would have his shield up, thus making the complicated modifications unnessisary.
              The Dakara super-weapon was reprogrammed by a Goa'uld, a Tok'ra and a Human; it couldn't have been that hard; the rings would be nothing compared to that.

Even if Ra was slightly arrogant, I'm sure he would have still kept a watch-out for the other System Lords or Lesser Goa'uld from trying a coup d'Ă©tat; backstabbing traitors they seem to be.

And even though he didn't design them, he probably had the blue prints and schematics to make more of them; altering them couldn't have been that hard, especially when you have the entire resources of being the top Goa'uld System Lord at your disposal. I'm sure he was a pretty intellectual, what with being one of the oldest Goa'ulds; probably smarter than McKay, Carter or any of the team at Area 51; if they can reprogram a ring (as you claim they could), Ra could have easily done so too, if not as a necessity then for safety's sake at least.

Comment

The Dakara super-weapon was reprogrammed by a Goa'uld, a Tok'ra and a Human; it couldn't have been that hard; the rings would be nothing compared to that.

Even if Ra was slightly arrogant, I'm sure he would have still kept a watch-out for the other System Lords or Lesser Goa'uld from trying a coup d'Ă©tat; backstabbing traitors they seem to be.

And even though he didn't design them, he probably had the blue prints and schematics to make more of them; altering them couldn't have been that hard, especially when you have the entire resources of being the top Goa'uld System Lord at your disposal. I'm sure he was a pretty intellectual, what with being one of the oldest Goa'ulds; probably smarter than McKay, Carter or any of the team at Area 51; if they can reprogram a ring (as you claim they could), Ra could have easily done so too, if not as a necessity then for safety's sake at least.

you can think whatever you want, but i dont think ra was smart eneough to reprogram them or he just didint see the need because the rings are essentially the same thing as the obelisk transporters the asgard used on the planet featured in red sky, and when oniell and daneil were transported to the hall of wisdom there wepons werent transported with them which leads me to the assumption that its possible to filter certin things out ie, explosives. now the ancients were way more advanced then the asgard and that means that their transporters that opperate on ecentionally the same principles should be able to be modified to do the same thing. which leads me back to my earlier conclusion that either ra wasnt smart eneough or he didint see the need, either way, its possible.imo at least
                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

you can think whatever you want, but i dont think ra was smart eneough to reprogram them or he just didint see the need because the rings are essentially the same thing as the obelisk transporters the asgard used on the planet featured in red sky, and when oniell and daneil were transported to the hall of wisdom there wepons werent transported with them which leads me to the assumption that its possible to filter certin things out ie, explosives. now the ancients were way more advanced then the asgard and that means that their transporters that opperate on ecentionally the same principles should be able to be modified to do the same thing. which leads me back to my earlier conclusion that either ra wasnt smart eneough or he didint see the need, either way, its possible.imo at least
                  The Obelisks were more of a defensive device, as opposed to the rings; which were more or a casual transportation device.

But yeah, I really don't think there is enough evidence, on either Ra, the shields or the ring systems to prove both ways in this argument; so we're probably going to have to agree that we both disagree on certain points that Stargate, so far, has failed to cover (namely the fickle ring systems )

Still I think that explosives can be ring aboard ships (and through shields), but there isn't enough proof to either confirm it or deny it.

Comment

Well, the ori toilet ship rings obviously filter out explosives as evidenced in Avalon, no wai not avalon, 1st or 2nd ep of season 10, where they rung aboard a gould bomb while the ori shields were fluctuating.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

enemy: member of the trust
                      ship of choice: f302
                      method: use naquadriah hyperdrive to fly through the shields and target the hyperdrive and power source,that close in there is no chance of them hitting you just like the tanith's alkesh in exodus

job done
                      Last edited by stevieg; 27 August 2008, 10:36 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg View Post
                        enemy: member of the trust
                        ship of choice: f302
                        method: use naquadriah hyperdrive to fly through the shields and target the hyperdrive and power source,that close in there is no chance of them hitting you just like the tanith's alkesh in exodus

job done
                        we dont even know if that works( jumping past the shield) on any ships other than the goaulds.

and since the 304s wepons configuration will be different than the goaulds, then it is quite possible we blow up the 302 before it does any damage.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

we dont even know if that works( jumping past the shield) on any ships other than the goaulds.

and since the 304s wepons configuration will be different than the goaulds, then it is quite possible we blow up the 302 before it does any damage.
                          Why wouldn't hyperjumping past the shields work? Shields are shields; I doubt they encompass the ship in hyperspace too; just in the regular 3 Dimensions; if it works on a Goa'uld ship, it stands to reason that it'd work on a 304 or Asgard ship.

And since it's coming in from hyperspace, then it's probably travelling from a distance greater than our weapons range; we wouldn't have time to fire upon it when it suddenly appears metres away (or inside) the hull of a 304.

That said, I really hate the idea of ramming ships with other ships. Ships aren't expendable, the idea in most battles is to destroy the opposition with as little casualties to your own side as possible; otherwise it'll just result in a Pyhrric victory at best. Ramming the ship should be a last-ditch attempt if anything, if you take down 1 opponents ship and 1 of your own; you're still left with the same ratio as you had before; which unless you have a fleet load of expendable, cheap, easily-manufactured ships at your disposal; with a crew of suicidal maniacs, then it's not really a decent tactic to use at all.

Comment

Why wouldn't hyperjumping past the shields work? Shields are shields; I doubt they encompass the ship in hyperspace too; just in the regular 3 Dimensions; if it works on a Goa'uld ship, it stands to reason that it'd work on a 304 or Asgard ship.

And since it's coming in from hyperspace, then it's probably travelling from a distance greater than our weapons range; we wouldn't have time to fire upon it when it suddenly appears metres away (or inside) the hull of a 304.

That said, I really hate the idea of ramming ships with other ships. Ships aren't expendable, the idea in most battles is to destroy the opposition with as little casualties to your own side as possible; otherwise it'll just result in a Pyhrric victory at best. Ramming the ship should be a last-ditch attempt if anything, if you take down 1 opponents ship and 1 of your own; you're still left with the same ratio as you had before; which unless you have a fleet load of expendable, cheap, easily-manufactured ships at your disposal; with a crew of suicidal maniacs, then it's not really a decent tactic to use at all.

well if it were possible why didint the other earth in the road not taken, just hyperspace past the ori motherships shields and deploy a nuke and jump away? or why didint we use that stategy when they came through the supergate? thats because i bet it only works on goauld ships, or the writers thought it to be too convieniet so they forgot it ever happened, in which case, its now impossible to do it.

and what i meant about fireing on the ship was that when it appears inside our shield, which creates a bubble around the ship thus allowing some room for the 302 inside to both manuver into position to take out the engines, but before they can do that we can take him out with railguns, as they were desinged for a point defense sytem.
                            STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

If it is possible to use the rings, rather than send a bomb, send a strike force.

Using existing gouald tech:
                              1 Cloaked cargo ship or alkesh.
                              3 jaffa in super soldier armour. - note, we have never seen this armour defeated and never seen a living being killed while wearing this armour.
                              1 gouald technician with a personal cloak. Part of the trust, he is well versed in tauri ship computer systems.

The jaffa attack with force, making good use of those jaffa stun grenades, and could potentially take the ship on their own, but mainly they are a distraction while the cloaked gouald technician accesses the computers to take control, and importantly, disable the beaming, otherwise the tauri can just beam the invaders out into space.
                              Ring over more waves of reinforcements once the techie has control.

Voila, you have a nice new ship rather than destroying it.
                              Last edited by First; 27 August 2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

If they cant ring onboard, a more frontal assault:

MW replicators:
                                1 human form replicator.
                                A few squads of insect form reps.
                                Rep block ship with rep block projectiles.

The HFR makes contact, maybe some sob story about being kidnapped etc, whatever just to keep the tauri on the radio. While doing so, attempt to upload a virus on the comm band. If this works, then its all over for the tauri. But the tauri will react quick and shut it down. The first part is to send a virus over to identify shield frequency, & disable main weapons. Then fire rep block projectiles over asap.
                                We have seen rep block projectiles penetrate asgard shields so it may work straight away, or failing that, fire several projectiles in series. Each one "tests" the shields until they adapt and figure out how to penetrate them.

Once a replicator projectile gets through. Replicate more bugs, disable internal sensors and take control. Any humans on board can be beamed out into space, or a holding room for later mind probing. The replicators have the ability to beam out humans as they see them, they just dont utilise this super ability much (too effective!) presumably the beaming equipment is located nearby on the rep block ship, which is hopefully not destroyed by the mega beams.
                                More replicator ships would guarantee success, as they can then suffer losses and each loss is also used to adapt to become immune to the mega beams.
                                Last edited by First; 27 August 2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X