No announcement yet.

Bringing down a 304

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Tollan phase shifting stuff would make short work of 304s.
    2) Take a Teltak and hyperspace a building size rock inside the 304.
    3) Ram several cloacked alkeshes. Ori shield withstud a hatak ramming it, but 304 shields arent that good and the alkeshes could be going at maximum releativistic speed.
    4) Lure the 304 to a unstable planet, then activate the tokra "blow up that Sokars volcanic planet" device.
    5) Blow up a cloacked teltak full of weapons grade naquada at point blank.
    6) Pay alot to a some polititian to get 304s self destruct codes.
    7) Profit.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I don't get number 7.

Comment

while 304 is in orbit have cloaked alkeshes ready to drop bombs straight into the bridge once thats done just shoot the engines

or

manuevere a hive ship so close to it that it puts so much pressure on the shield that it collaspes and breaks the ship like a space hopper under a car
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          Ok you're an alien commander of (select your race) and SGA is all up in your face flaunting one of its fancy new Asgard upgraded 304s. You want to make them cry and call you a meanie cheater nofairpants so you plan to blow it up, preferably while the entire main cast is all packed inside the bridge for some reason that has nothing to do with their qualifications in operating a starship.

How do you do it.
          First Rule:
          Have dramatic music playing in the background.

Second Rule:
          Hit the slow motion button

Third Rule:
          Using any normal ship, following the first 2 rules, will definitely win.
          Visit my Website

Comment

1. Get a big ol honkin spaceship.
            2. Kamikaze
            sigpic
            Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

For any race with hyperdrive tech

open a hyperspace window along side it close enogh to sever it and drag half of the thing with you but at the right angle so that the back half stays put then exit hyperspace and dump the half u were dragging. Good luck clueing that sucker back together let alone finding it!
              sigpic

Comment

wratih
                3 hive ships with darts full of infantry

the 3 hives drop out of hyperspace, then one zooms over the 304 very quickly and does the thing with the computer virus.

the virus makes there sheilds while darts fly into 302 bays and drop off infantry
                the coordinates with the infantry cutting off the humans while the hives take out ray guns and hyperdrive and sublight. the darts that dropped off the infantry take out the 302s that are in the bays and flying out.

if done quickly the 304 should be in tact and earth will soon fall with there database
                "There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You cant remake the past. So look ahead or risk getting left behind."

Comment

Originally posted by caesar_sg1 View Post
                  wratih

the 3 hives drop out of hyperspace, then one zooms over the 304 very quickly and does the thing with the computer virus.

the virus makes there sheilds while darts fly into 302 bays and drop off infantry
                  the coordinates with the infantry cutting off the humans while the hives take out ray guns and hyperdrive and sublight. the darts that dropped off the infantry take out the 302s that are in the bays and flying out.

if done quickly the 304 should be in tact and earth will soon fall with there database

what are you talking about.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

why is it that the only way people can think of to blow up a 304 is to use a cloaking device and surprise it or ram it? thats because its the only way. i mean the only things that have gotten past the asgard shields are multiple ori mega blasts and continuous fire from multiple hives. and considering the fact that if they would install merlins phase cloak then they would be undestroyable. because if there shields were about to fail the would just activate the phase cloak and let the wepons fire go right through them. why have they not done this? because then the 304 would be invincible and we wouldnt want that.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by caesar_sg1 View Post
                      wratih

the bay doors would be shut plus theres a forcefield that prevents the bay from decompressing thats gotta be up or no atmosphere and the wraith would die and i seriously doubt the bridge is gonna turn it on to let the wraith land safley. plus they could just turn off the artificial gravity and prevent them from walking. and if they manage to make it to the main parts of the ship all they gotta do is target all wraith life sings and beam them out into space.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

magic of the word " selfdestruct"

Comment

sorry about the thing "the virus makes there sheilds drop"
                          "There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You cant remake the past. So look ahead or risk getting left behind."

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            why is it that the only way people can think of to blow up a 304 is to use a cloaking device and surprise it or ram it? thats because its the only way. i mean the only things that have gotten past the asgard shields are multiple ori mega blasts and continuous fire from multiple hives. and considering the fact that if they would install merlins phase cloak then they would be undestroyable. because if there shields were about to fail the would just activate the phase cloak and let the wepons fire go right through them. why have they not done this? because then the 304 would be invincible and we wouldnt want that.
                            Yep it's true that it's very hard to think of a way to kill it that doesn't require cloaking or surprise in some fashion.

If it's actually expecting you to attack it doing so with just about any of the normal ships in the universe is suicidal, that's how blatantly cheap and unbalanced it is for it's universe.

You can kill it though, you've just got to think about using some of the tech you've already got at your disposal in different ways.

I said in the opening post that you were allowed to combine and mix/match tech from your race to try and come up with a way to kill it and since it doesn't seem that many people have gone in that direction I'll go ahead and get the ball rolling.

I'm going to take a Wraith hive and just modify the darts a little bit. Rather than use them as fighters I'm going to instead strip out all the weapons, controls, most of the fuel and anything related to supporting the pilot and fill all that newly created space with a small Wraith AI core and a lot of the highest yield explosives my civilization can make.

This will have the effect of turning my hive from a not so impressive carrier into a much more worrisome 11km missile boat.

The missiles should have a fairly impressive yield, be fast and intelligent enough to be extremely resistant to interception by railguns or 304s and most importantly enable my hive to attack the 304 from outside of beam range.

As an added bonus since they'll look like ordinary darts the 304 is unlikely to really consider them to be much of a threat at first as they're closing. They're not going to turn tail and run for example. It won't be until several of them smash into the shields and explode with a godawfully huge bang instead of just strafing them that they'll finally understand what's really going on, and I'm hoping that by then it'll be too late for them to recover.

This doesn't require cloaks or surprise and ideally it should use purpose built missile bodies instead of dart hulls to really optimize the design. The Wraith have all the ingredients to make such a weapon system though so it works as per the rules.

Comment

ori: use my ascended knowledge to make asgard beam weapons and take them out.
                              use my ascended knowledge to rapidly make ori motherships and blast the *******s to hell.
                              wraith: take a hive, and stack it full with powersources and weapons, and the basics [lifesupport, hyperdrive, sublight]

Comment

The Asuran Godzilla would have no problem. It can probably change shape to let the asgard beamz pass right through. It could latch on to the shields and stay there untill they colapsed.

Comment

Working...
                                X