No announcement yet.

Travelers Vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drones do run out theres quote from the show that explains stocks need to be replenished.

a matter converter is just that, it converts matter. u cant matter convert a drone out of nothing u need the materials in raw or in any form on or around the ship.

ancients cud replenish stocks because they created drones. they'd just have to go somewhere to do that. but if they're on a ship fighting for a while they will eventually run out.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      "By the show's own admission" I was referring to what we've seen onscreen and what Joe M. has stated in his blog. Together they pretty much painted the picture that the Asurans followed in the Ancients footsteps exactly, but never actually went past them in terms of technology. They wanted to emulate their creators perfectly, after all.
      I don't totally disagree, but according to Niam they did surpass them in city building. Which, to be fair, has nothing to do with technological advancement. It just means that they, as machines, are better suited to building massive cities. However, the way he phrased it made it seem like they take pride in surpassing the Ancient's capacity to build a city. Which suggests to me that they wouldn't be beyond trying to improve upon their technology if they could. But, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        I don't totally disagree, but according to Niam they did surpass them in city building. Which, to be fair, has nothing to do with technological advancement. It just means that they, as machines, are better suited to building massive cities. However, the way he phrased it made it seem like they take pride in surpassing the Ancient's capacity to build a city. Which suggests to me that they wouldn't be beyond trying to improve upon their technology if they could. But, who knows.
        They built a better city because they could. But notice how all of it was clearly Lantean-level. Nothing on Asuras was beyond the Ancients' own ability to create.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          They built a better city because they could. But notice how all of it was clearly Lantean-level. Nothing on Asuras was beyond the Ancients' own ability to create.
          Um yeah, I said that exact thing (they built a more massive city because machines make for better builders, but that does not equal better technological advancement, is basically what I said in the post you quoted). My point was that while I generally agree with you that, in all likelihood, the Asurans have not improved upon some of the Ancient's technology, I disagree with the idea that they sought to mimic the Ancients so much so that they would not try to develop technology above them (instead I think they're still at the point where they have to struggle to match the Ancients, hence their ships are weaker). Therefore, I referenced that line Niam had and pointed out in my previous post (which I think you should reread btw) that it came across in such a way where I felt that the Asurans prided themselves on their ability to surpass the Ancients in that regard. Therefore, if I am right on my assumption, (which I may not be) it stands to reason that they wouldn't have any qualms about trying to surpass the Ancients in other regards...specially, in the technological department. Which, again, is just pure speculation on my part.

Comment

they built a bigger city cause they could. yes. they built a better class because they could. the asuran cruiser

Comment

but it was all to the same level of tech as the ancients. just alot more of it with as many upgrades as they cud muster.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                they built a bigger city cause they could. yes. they built a better class because they could. the asuran cruiser
                Compared to the Plotholed BAMSR Aurora, they were far better. The one in Season 4 ep2 (Experimental jumper trying to run from Asuras) :
                - took several hits from Apollo's missiles and normal beams and still holds (whereas the Auroras miserably explodes after a couple of hits and this without even the use of the new Asgard beam (plothole?))
                - was able to cloak
                - even used drones

Yet I cannot say that they are purely Asuran designs. To me, Asurans took Ancient tech and improved only the efficiency. They never created something new (except hand weapon?) because they wanted to prove themselves that they were Ancient rightful offspring. Some even stated that they were stagnating and their only solution was Ascension. Oberoth was a d*** for letting them become like this.

I think that BAMSR is the worst episode ever but reckon that the battle was cool and that Asurans needed that someone kicked their a**. They needed a serious revolution and to stop being Ancient copy and be something else (the 6th race?). So I prefer the Replicator girl in the episode where Sheppard come back to Earth to FRAN that is still limited to her program.
                La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

back then apollo had no beam weapons.

and tauri ships coulnt even dent a goauld ship. what the hell could it do against an asuran one? it was an asuran design, period. untill we see the actual ship, stated as ancients

Comment

back then apollo had no beam weapons.

since some of those lights don't have the usual trail of smoke, I assumed that they look like the beams in BAMSR (not the big Asgard beams but the tiny ones).

Comment

you mean their enhanced railguns?

Comment

you mean their enhanced railguns?
                        oh that was that...! I really thought that they were beams. Whatever they look like the one used in BAMSR and well Asuran cruiser seemed better shielded than the Auroras.

PS : since the Asuran where building Auroras really fast, maybe they sacrificed some systems to meet the deadline. That would explain why they where so bad.

Comment

they just used lesser quality

Comment

they just used lesser quality
                            U know that how???

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                              took several hits from Apollo's missiles and normal beams and still holds (whereas the Auroras miserably explodes after a couple of hits and this without even the use of the new Asgard beam (plothole?))
                              If you're reffering to the rail gun damage done to the first two Asuran ships, that's because they caught the Asurans with their shields down (shields are for emergencies only - they cannot afford the power drain of keeping them up 24/7). After the first two unshielded ships exploded at multiple points, a Hive launched their darts and as the darts do a fly by you see that their shields are now up on this ship and you see the shields up on all Asuran ships seen from that point on.

- even used drones
                              They didn't have drones - They used the same rigid energy beams that we see them use in Be All My Sins Remembered.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                                a Hive launched their darts and as the darts do a fly by you see that their shields are now up on this ship and you see the shields up on all Asuran ships seen from that point on.
                                Yes but the darts and 302's quickly got the shields down on that Aurora and got missle into its hyperdrive, There shields were crap even against fighters.
                                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Working...
                                X