Travelers Vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
    The Travelers may have already been at war with the Wraith???? Considering that they were one of a handful of races in Pegasus with ships during the Lantean Wraith War and that the Wraith gained complete control over most of the galaxy, the Travelers (Well the people who would become Travelers) would have probably fought the Wraith from their original homeworld(s). It would be very unlikely that they didn't engage the Wraith cuz at that point the Wraith were everywhere and also the Ancients may have been allies with them considering that they were the only other race sufficiently advanced enough to fight them.

I believe the Travelers were invloved in the war but when the Ancients lost the ability to hold the Wraith back, the Travelers left their world (they knew the Wraith would come for them) and began to live in space. It would make alot of sense why the travelers would be involved and why they would still be living in space.
    Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    i personally think this is how it went:

the travellers had a nice collection of planets. the wraith advanced throughout the galaxy, and became a dominant race. they developed two plans:

1: defend. hoping the ancients devise a way to defeat the wraith, they go into defence mode.

2: backup. as having a single plan is irresponsible, they devised an evac plan. building several dozen maintenance friendly ships with what i believe are cold fusion reactors, they could stay in space for ages. combined with a way of biological lifesupport, they can easily run from the wraith forever. they most likely evac'd to a new world, but got discovered and remained fleeing ever since.

seeing as #1 failed, #2 got approved and they fled.

with no way to build ships and no way to have the numbers required, they cant fight wraith
    think were looking into the detail too much, the big picture is and...

...im with thekillman and jnadreth, coz im perfectly ok with changing my opinion based on other facts and viable theories as i am not ascended and all knowing, plus i do have more in my life not to comprise my being of being 100% right with stargate. any way the travelers may have been a power at one point but they dont have the capabilities of mounting a successful war on wraith now.

we kno they flee all the time and live on ships to avoid the wraith. doesn't sound like they do much fighting. they only fight when cornered and they have to.

1 ancient warship aint gunna take on the wraith yeah take a couple of hives no problem. maybe when its at full power with ppl who can fire the weapons but how long do u rekon they cud make it last with a few joeys runnin the thing. they dont comprehend enough of the ancient tech to take full advantage.

we know ancient warships can b destroyed by the wraith, the wraith may not be able to take a warship on 1on1 but the wraith tactics can take them out. we know that. coz they lost till all that was left was atlantis.

what im trying to get thru is that the ancients in all their power and numbers at the beginning still couldn't take down the wraith. then when they were all gone the wraith went into hibernation so we still got a boat load of wraith around. yeah they dont have cloning facilities anymore but theres still loads left over in hibernation that are awake.

travelers can't take on the wraith alone in the current state especially with the current state of the wraith.

apparently michaels the only one with the right tactics, biological weapons, style to command, conquer and take over the wraiths arsenal.

Comment

problem is: if you have an aurora, the wraith alert the others and you are target NR1.
      had orion survived no mans land, and it entered annother fight, it wouldve been primary target and it would be hunted down by more than it can handle

Comment

i personally think this is how it went:

the travellers had a nice collection of planets. the wraith advanced throughout the galaxy, and became a dominant race. they developed two plans:

1: defend. hoping the ancients devise a way to defeat the wraith, they go into defence mode.

2: backup. as having a single plan is irresponsible, they devised an evac plan. building several dozen maintenance friendly ships with what i believe are cold fusion reactors, they could stay in space for ages. combined with a way of biological lifesupport, they can easily run from the wraith forever. they most likely evac'd to a new world, but got discovered and remained fleeing ever since.

seeing as #1 failed, #2 got approved and they fled.

with no way to build ships and no way to have the numbers required, they cant fight wraith

Thats how I see the Travelers origins-but with an alliance with the Ancients against the Wraith with the Travelers acting in a supporting role as well.

Comment

The Aurora can at most take on 2 Hives, at most.

Regular Traveller ships: unlikely to as strong as a Cruiser.

They probably have at most 30 ships in total. The Wraith, about 30 Hives, and possibly 60-100 Cruisers left.

Best strategy for the Travellers is to avoid conflict. Enter conflict if the Wraith are really weak.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
            The Aurora can at most take on 2 Hives, at most.
            And yet one vaporized one in about 10 seconds and could have easily taken out another had it not been underpowered and mothballed for 10,000 years...
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

eeehm. aurora's can do two types of launch: chair or computer controlled. also, they can fire a continuous barrage, and save drones, or launch all you have, or atleast a big deal of drones to kill an enemy. the amount orion fired was most likely preprogrammed to be the optimum amount. how many hives it can kill? well, fully powered, i dont think much more than 2-3. the deadalus was taking away quite some enemy fire

Comment

eeehm. aurora's can do two types of launch: chair or computer controlled. also, they can fire a continuous barrage, and save drones, or launch all you have, or atleast a big deal of drones to kill an enemy. the amount orion fired was most likely preprogrammed to be the optimum amount. how many hives it can kill? well, fully powered, i dont think much more than 2-3. the deadalus was taking away quite some enemy fire
                The Orion entered that battle underpowered overall and only 20% of its shields. Of course it needed the Daedalus to siphon away some of the fire. If its shields were at max, given all the stuff it absorbed at 20%, it would've been fine.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

and it'd be alone...

Comment

and it'd be alone...
                    So? At full power it would have just launched too drone salvos, one at each hive, then turned around for Atlantis as the two ships exploded brilliantly behind it.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      So? At full power it would have just launched too drone salvos, one at each hive, then turned around for Atlantis as the two ships exploded brilliantly behind it.
                      they'd eventually run out of drones. i think u need to let it go, the travelers cant do what they want acting like the wraith are a none issue. they fight when they're cornered because they cant fight for long in terms of battling with ships. u don't know yet they might have another tactic.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                        they'd eventually run out of drones. i think u need to let it go, the travelers cant do what they want acting like the wraith are a none issue. they fight when they're cornered because they cant fight for long in terms of battling with ships. u don't know yet they might have another tactic.
                        You know they'd run out how? Has our jumper fleet ever run out of drones? Have we ever seen a jumper with a "low" amount of drones? No. The Orion crew didn't even say they were running out of drones, just power.

And the Travelers have been doing whatever they want acting like the Wraith are a non-issue. Do you see them cowering in fear of them? No, they go about their daily lives quite happily, don't they?

Instead of telling me to "let go" the topic, considering that's what this thread is about, why not contribute something more meaningful?

Comment

eem. maybe if a jumper runs out of drones, they just take annother?

atlantis ran out.

orion had quite some left i believe. but yes, it would run out.

arctic outpost ran out of power in Road not taken. it must contain millions of drones.

besides, i think the jumperbay has some drone reserves. and jumpers dont carry that much drones

Comment

eem. maybe if a jumper runs out of drones, they just take annother?
                            In "Adrift" the entire jumper fleet had full capacities of drones.

atlantis ran out.
                            In "The Siege"? Yeah, that was after the Ancients used most of them up 10,000 years ago. We have more now.

orion had quite some left i believe. but yes, it would run out.
                            Eventually. They could have re-stocked it from Atlantis, though.

arctic outpost ran out of power in Road not taken. it must contain millions of drones.
                            Not really. O'Neill wasted thousands upon thousands of them in "Lost City" blowing up Anubis' fleet, and the Ancients probably used the outpost during their tenure there. Besides, that was in an alternate reality, our own outpost could still have a crapload of drones.

besides, i think the jumperbay has some drone reserves. and jumpers dont carry that much drones
                            Jumpers seem to carry quite a few. Sheppard used a lot in "Rising" but he never said he was close to running out, and there are no drone racks in the jumper bay.

Comment

Aurora's we seen so far indicate the capability to take on about 2 Hives.

Now, my assumption is they all lack ZPMs. Otherwise, I do not see why Ancient warships are so subpar. It makes no logical sense.

Even with ZPMs, Odyssey and Ori ships are still superior. Otherswise, there is no way they would have ever lost the war. Ori ships for instance were blasting everything in their path with uber ease.

Ori ships are not really a fair comparison because they were made with the help of Ancients ships. But I have no doubt the ZPM Odyssey > any Aurora.

It would be very foolish for the Travelers to fight the Wraith. They have 1 Aurora, wow. If they had 10...now we are talking.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                You know they'd run out how? Has our jumper fleet ever run out of drones? Have we ever seen a jumper with a "low" amount of drones? No. The Orion crew didn't even say they were running out of drones, just power.

And the Travelers have been doing whatever they want acting like the Wraith are a non-issue. Do you see them cowering in fear of them? No, they go about their daily lives quite happily, don't they?

Instead of telling me to "let go" the topic, considering that's what this thread is about, why not contribute something more meaningful?

remember when they found that other atlantis. when they wanted shepard to marry that girl to restrengthen there monarchy mckay was trapped underground. mckay said that they gave them supplies and stuff in exchange for more drones and puddle jumpers.

and nope, they hang around in areas where the wraith dont chill. and they live on ships to avoid the wraith. that sounds like they're dodging them to me!

"let it go" u might want to chill out a little man dont take it too serious mate it was all in good fun u might just let that go.

Comment

Working...
                                X