Travelers Vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the time jumper ran out of drones.

they didnt know atlantis was low on drones untill they had the ZPM. they most likely used the city's drones as replenishing.

i said outpost ran out of power instead of drones, meaning it has massive amounts of them, much more than atlantis.

aurora's MUST have tons and tons of drones.

"open fire on the hive"
    * opens fire, killing the hive*
    "next one"
    * opens fire, killing the hive*
    "next one"
    *nothing happens*
    "what the?"
    "we just ran out of drones "
    "i thought it was resupplied?"

judging from the amount of drones fired in no mans land,they must carry thousands of drones. especially cause its their main armament. but i doubt the travellers' aurora has that much. it could take out a good deal. but it wont win the war

Comment

hi empress
      [url]http://www.stargatewars.com/recruit.phphttp:sigpic

Comment

what the hell?

Comment

drones are projectile energy based weapons. basically advanced bullet missiles so they will run out. energy weapons r in unlimited supply if u can keep sending power to them. thats why they can run out. as rightly thekillman quoted

Comment

drones are overrated, projectile weapons suck, the only good thing about drones is that they can dodge targets!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
              drones are overrated, projectile weapons suck, the only good thing about drones is that they can dodge targets!
              drones can breeze thru shields, penetrate anything, maneuver to hit a target, with a miss they turn round and go in again. drones can do a mass high powered strike, or a single surgical strike.

i get what ur saying, energy beam weapons look like they give alot more firepower than drones because an energy weapon takes one shot n the ship blows up however thats only if they hit the right area to trigger enough secondary explosions. energy weapons do bow to shields for atleast a few shots. u can also miss and u have to have direct clear shot. theres always atleast a few seconds delay between shots, drones get fired like bullets.

i guess the big downfall of drones is that u can run out, energy weapons do keep going as long u got a power source.

Comment

drones only penetrate weak shields, like goauld ones. all advanced shields known are immune to such penetration. asgard beam weapons are superior. but imagine:

304, equipped with drones instead of missiles, and beam weapons. imagine the allmighty owning.

drones are OK. but they shouldnt be used as a primary weapon, or they are a primary weapon along with a type of energy weapon. i cant believe auroras only have drones!!!.
                you can run out of em. unless they have a matter converter producing tons and tons of them.

Comment

oh right, i've never seen to my recollection drones failure due to powerful shield. which episode did that happen in?

(note, in a forum this cud b taken out of of context and seem really sarcastic. it isn't, im sincerely asking which episode)

if that is the case then hell, yeah! drones and energy weapons witha few rail guns will sort out any armada / dog fight!

Comment

First of all, the Traveler's have been depicted as wanting the Wraith destroyed but not having the capacity to do so on their own. If you remember, Sheppard played on this in order to get Larrin to let him go (see quote).

SHEPPARD: You've been running and hiding for thousands of years. You've survived – good for you – but now you're starting to see diminishing returns. One more ship – well, it'll buy you a little more time, but ultimately it's not gonna change anything. Your people are headed for a slow death.

LARRIN: What other choice do we have?

SHEPPARD: In case you haven't heard – you will soon enough – but the Wraith are under attack.

LARRIN: From who?

SHEPPARD: It's a long story, but the point is, they're taking heavy damage and if they don't get wiped out, they're gonna be vulnerable. Now, you people have hyperdrives and advanced weapons and God knows what else. When the time is right, that kind of technology can tip the balance.

LARRIN: Are you suggesting an alliance?
                    The overall messsage behind this all is that the Traveler's knew their only chance for suvival was to keep on running because they had no way to stand up against the Wraith on their own. However with Earth's help and with the prospect of a softened up Wraith, Larrin seemed to agree with Sheppard that they might have a chance.

Second of all, in regards to drones it was stated in Inferno that Atlantis' drone supply was replenished from the Orion stock.

CALDWELL: Well, at least we've got the Orion now, and the city's supply of drones has been replenished.
                    Although they also got some from Atlantis' sister ship just before then, this suggests that they have a rather healthy supply (they used up who knows how many before limping out of battle 10,000 years ago, were able to restock Atlantis, and still had an unknown amount to spare). Which makes sense given that the city can always replace lost drones by dialing the gate and contacting one of their other outposts. But a warship is out there alone so it would need to have as massive a stockpiled as possible.

Anyway, personally, I'd think an Ancient manning an Aurora class ship would able to take out a decent sized fleet of Wraith ships in one swipe - All they'd have to do is command their drones to go out in one steady stream and have it split up to take out all the ships at once (like O'neill did when Anubis attacked Earth). A person like Beckett or the Travelers, with the flimsey interface, wouldn't have that kind of control, but someone like Sheppard might be able to pull if off. The problem is we don't know how powerful their shields are and if they would even have a chance of being able to launch their drones against large fleets or if they will quickly be destroyed without a ZPM. So far our only references have been the Asuran ships (which Joe Mallozzi has said they are not up to par with the originals when a question about their shield strength was brought up) and two badly damaged ships. Normally a ship stays in a fight by deverting power from other systems to their shields and by dodging incoming fire, but both ended up being sitting ducks (Larrin asked about getting power from somewhere else but they were unable to do it and Zelenka lost the shields entirely when he diverted power to the drones). So we can only speculate as to the strength of a fully powered Ancient warship.
                    Last edited by Xaeden; 14 July 2008, 06:13 AM.

Comment

xaeden nailed it man. thats what me and a few others have been saying.

the quotes are there as to proof, that the travelers can't take on the wraith. and the some more proof as to final count on drones and the power of ancient warship at this present time.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        drones only penetrate weak shields, like goauld ones. all advanced shields known are immune to such penetration. asgard beam weapons are superior. but imagine:
                        We have no solid evidence that Asgard shields are immune to drones, nor Ori ones, and the single example of a Lantean shield resisting drones is argued over constantly because the effects do make it look like the drone slid through.

So no.

304, equipped with drones instead of missiles, and beam weapons. imagine the allmighty owning.
                        Imagine the almight fanwank...

drones are OK. but they shouldnt be used as a primary weapon, or they are a primary weapon along with a type of energy weapon. i cant believe auroras only have drones!!!.
                        Please see "Be All My Sins Remember'd" for Aurora-class ships with energy weapons.

Spoiler:

The things circled in red are energy blasts from the Asuran ships. The thing circled in blue is a Wraith dart's energy blast, which is about the size of a drone. Notice the massive size difference, even in the Asuran blasts far away in the background.

you can run out of em. unless they have a matter converter producing tons and tons of them.
                        Eh, maybe they do. We've never seen an Ancient warship run out.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

cause they were destroyed before they did. duh.

and those things were asuran ones, not ancient ones

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                            cause they were destroyed before they did. duh.
                            Sorry, what is this referring to?

and those things were asuran ones, not ancient ones
                            And by the show's own admission, the Asurans never advanced past the Ancients. So anything they use, the Lanteans must have had at least plans for.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              Sorry, what is this referring to?
                              I think he was stating that he believed the Aurora class ships would be destroyed before they were able to fire their entire load of drones.

And by the show's own admission, the Asurans never advanced past the Ancients. So anything they use, the Lanteans must have had at least plans for.
                              Actually the only reference I recall being made in regard to the Asuran advancement versus the Ancient's advancement is this...

NIAM: We have achieved much since our second birth. We have evolved to take the form of our creators, built a city far grander than they ever achieved ... yet for all this, we are still restricted from reaching a pivotal point in our evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                                I think he was stating that he believed the Aurora class ships would be destroyed before they were able to fire their entire load of drones.
                                Ahhh okay, thank you. I was scratching my head over that one...

Actually the only reference I recall being made in regard to the Asuran advancement versus the Ancient's advancement is this...

NIAM: We have achieved much since our second birth. We have evolved to take the form of our creators, built a city far grander than they ever achieved ... yet for all this, we are still restricted from reaching a pivotal point in our evolution.
                                "By the show's own admission" I was referring to what we've seen onscreen and what Joe M. has stated in his blog. Together they pretty much painted the picture that the Asurans followed in the Ancients footsteps exactly, but never actually went past them in terms of technology. They wanted to emulate their creators perfectly, after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X