Travelers Vs. Wraith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    I wouldn't say that. The Traveler ship that got destroyed was taking severe damage from two Aurora-class warships at once. And it held out against those drones and energy weapons for a good bit even after its sheilds failed.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZLCVIAkwQKU
    um i dont think so

i counted what 4 hits from drones (not used to it's full potential cos it fired by a replecator)

i think what 2-3 to disable it's shelds and like 1-2 to just blow it out to the sky.

plus also note that none of their wepons penitirated the anceints sheilds.

in that time i could be hit like 20-30 times by a hive ships wepons lol

Comment

You have to remember that wraith are only strong when their together, one hive or one cruiser would get beaten. they're only strong when they're swarming enemys'. Thats how the ancients got beaten, their ships were spread thin throughout PG and each ship was outnumbered. Like helia said in The Return Pt1 they were in a fight with Wraith cruisers. strong when together.

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
        You have to remember that wraith are only strong when their together, one hive or one cruiser would get beaten. they're only strong when they're swarming enemys'. Thats how the ancients got beaten, their ships were spread thin throughout PG and each ship was outnumbered. Like helia said in The Return Pt1 they were in a fight with Wraith cruisers. strong when together.
        Though it is true to say that wraith cruisers posses weaker weapons than hives

Spoiler:
        In Search and rescue Michaels hive hit Daedalus with a lot of weapons fire but barely scratched the shields while in all the eps where Daedy was being attacked by a hive the shields fell very quickly even though compared to 5x01 SaR the hives fire only a few shots at a time

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
          Though it is true to say that wraith cruisers posses weaker weapons than hives

Spoiler:
          In Search and rescue Michaels hive hit Daedalus with a lot of weapons fire but barely scratched the shields while in all the eps where Daedy was being attacked by a hive the shields fell very quickly even though compared to 5x01 SaR the hives fire only a few shots at a time

Yes, but there are more wraith cruisers than hives. Cruisers as we have seen usually travel in 2's or 3's and we also know that the cruisers were the warships, hives were not made for battle, they arent agile or quick.

Comment

And really it wouldnt take long for 2 or 3 rail guns to take 1 out. And thats nothing compared to the wraith weapons. I mean we had a tough time until we got beams. And as you saw with the pheniox *spelling??* 3 or 4 could box us in and destroy us. The wraith our powerful but not all powerful.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander View Post
              Yes, but there are more wraith cruisers than hives. Cruisers as we have seen usually travel in 2's or 3's and we also know that the cruisers were the warships, hives were not made for battle, they arent agile or quick.
              True-I just wanted to compare 1 on 1 for a moment, The wraith hives were originally meant for battle during the Wraith-Lantean War but as their numbers dwindled (Due to population control done by the Wraith after their victory as to a more managable pop, then the hives the Taur'i have destroyed) the hives would become more protected and kept away from ay fighting.

Comment

Yes the hives have firepower, they're not made for battles, they're made for cullings. as we've seen, drones can easily take down a hive. The wraith mainly used hives in the first siege of atlantis, as we've seen, they are good at orbital bombardment, not in space battles against the ancients.

Comment

There probably have been occasions when a group of traveler ships attacked something Wraith owned but it's not in their best interest to do that type of thing very often.

The Travelers continue to exist more or less because the Wraith ignore them in favor of far easier planet bound humans to eat. If they start making a lot of trouble and attacking Wraith ships the Wraith will just come after them more aggressively and that's not exactly something they want.

The Travelers don't suffer from the same "we must protect all humans in all places at all times" universe police complex that SGA does. They have nothing to gain from fighting with and antagonizing the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                    I reckon the Traveler Class Ship could beat a Wraith cruiser 1 on 1 comfortably and would be outgunned by 2 or 3 of them. Its nowhere near a match for a hive and all of the darts though. The Travelers would lose a war with the Wraith as all of their ships are over 10,000 years old and they have no way to replenish the fleet(Ship-wise or personnel-wise). Even with the Aurora they have the best they could do is launch a Guerilla style war- without it its pointless as they wouldn't be able to do enough damage quickly with the weapons on their ships.
                    There has never been an engagement between the Traveler ship and the Wraith cruiser, only Travelers Aurora class has fought a Wraith cruiser.

Also I wonder if the Wraith are trying to find a way to eliminate the Travelers. In the episode Be All My Sins Remember'd and maybe in Travelers they became aware of the Travelers, who had evaded them for thousand of years. Maybe they are going to attack to show their supremacy.

Comment

i dont even know why this is a discussion the travelers cannot beat the wraith even if they came in dog fight with a just a few ships.

1) if they could they would have done so.

2) the ships do have decent enuff weapons and hyperspace capabilities but thats just to fend them off while they can escape. i rekon they cud take on 1 hive ship, pushing it maybe 2.

as we know hive ships belong to colonies of wraith, Todd had 12 ships and he was just one subfaction.

3) they live on ships to prevent being culled. and are struggling to keep their population alive on these ships.

4) they don't have the numbers or the technology to take on the wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                        i dont even know why this is a discussion the travelers cannot beat the wraith even if they came in dog fight with a just a few ships.

1) if they could they would have done so.
                        Why? The Travelers have no reason to go to war with the Wraith. They don't like them, and they certainly wish they were gone, but they don't have the same "must... protect... people..." disease we do.

2) the ships do have decent enuff weapons and hyperspace capabilities but thats just to fend them off while they can escape. i rekon they cud take on 1 hive ship, pushing it maybe 2.
                        They have an Aurora now, packed with drones and 100% powered. It could probably go toe-to-toe with a group of hives no problema.

as we know hive ships belong to colonies of wraith, Todd had 12 ships and he was just one subfaction.
                        Todd had built an alliance, though. It's not as if there are dozens-strong groups of hives running about.

3) they live on ships to prevent being culled. and are struggling to keep their population alive on these ships.
                        And yet they were willing to fight over Asuras.

4) they don't have the numbers or the technology to take on the wraith.
                        They have a massive fleet of ships, remember, holding their entire population. And their technology looks to be about what went into the original Prometheus or Daedalus.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

valid points, but its all jus speculation based on our perception coz we really dont know enough about the travelers.

1) yeah true cud b, but seriously i dont think they like living on ships coz they're so desperate to get there hands on the aurora, not jus coz of its fire power etc but hold their population. n they do hate wraith and i have feeling they will help to fight with us, otherwise they're just pointless.

2) the drones are fired thru chair interface which they cant access coz of the ATA gene. unless atlantis has given them innoculations orthey have ppl with it. but from what i remember they had no idea of until shepherd said anythin. plus 1 aurora ship isnt enuf to mount an effective attack on the wraith. maybe just maybe if it was still run by ancients n it was fully operational!

3) we needed them to fight asuras coz they were in danger too from the replicators too, coz the replicators wud have got them (if thats the episode ur talkin about)

4) we dont know how big their population is and if its enuf to fight the wraith. the wraith have top secret clone plants on planets so if they're ship gets destroyed they can get more wraith and ships. dont think the travelers know that, so lets face it that was the key which defeated the mass of ancients so what chance have travelers got.

they have ships similar to deadalus but they aren't as advanced as that. we got alot of help from goauld and asgard tech n possibly some ancient tech. from designated permanent area these guys are all on ships strugglin to keep their population alive.

Comment

Originally posted by x303 View Post
                            valid points, but its all jus speculation based on our perception coz we really dont know enough about the travelers.

1) yeah true cud b, but seriously i dont think they like living on ships coz they're so desperate to get there hands on the aurora, not jus coz of its fire power etc but hold their population. n they do hate wraith and i have feeling they will help to fight with us, otherwise they're just pointless.
                            Um, living on those ships has become part of their culture. They could land on a planet any time, it's just not "them" anymore. Whatever they were before is gone, and they only know themselves as "the Travelers." If they stop now, what are they?

As for thr Wraith, the show confirmed that they don't fight them as a rule. They move on if they get close, and stay to areas the Wraith aren't likely to appear in. If they wanted to attack them, they could at any time... but they didn't.

2) the drones are fired thru chair interface which they cant access coz of the ATA gene. unless atlantis has given them innoculations orthey have ppl with it. but from what i remember they had no idea of until shepherd said anythin. plus 1 aurora ship isnt enuf to mount an effective attack on the wraith. maybe just maybe if it was still run by ancients n it was fully operational!
                            It is fully operational, or as close as it's going to get. Besides, Larrin confirmed in "Be All My Sins Remember'd" that some of her people have the gene, as she said something like "My people can do it, but no one can fire it off like you, Sheppard."

And are you kidding? We saw the Orion take out a hive without breaking a sweat. If they weren't so underpowered it could have easily launched another salvo and then gone home.

3) we needed them to fight asuras coz they were in danger too from the replicators too, coz the replicators wud have got them (if thats the episode ur talkin about)
                            How? The Asurans were attacking human worlds, and the Travelers don't live on a planet. If they saw a Lantean warship coming at them, they'd just enter hyperspace.

4) we dont know how big their population is and if its enuf to fight the wraith. the wraith have top secret clone plants on planets so if they're ship gets destroyed they can get more wraith and ships. dont think the travelers know that, so lets face it that was the key which defeated the mass of ancients so what chance have travelers got.
                            The Wraith can no longer use those facilities.

they have ships similar to deadalus but they aren't as advanced as that. we got alot of help from goauld and asgard tech n possibly some ancient tech. from designated permanent area these guys are all on ships strugglin to keep their population alive.
                            "Designated permanent area"?
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Travelers may have already been at war with the Wraith???? Considering that they were one of a handful of races in Pegasus with ships during the Lantean Wraith War and that the Wraith gained complete control over most of the galaxy, the Travelers (Well the people who would become Travelers) would have probably fought the Wraith from their original homeworld(s). It would be very unlikely that they didn't engage the Wraith cuz at that point the Wraith were everywhere and also the Ancients may have been allies with them considering that they were the only other race sufficiently advanced enough to fight them.

I believe the Travelers were invloved in the war but when the Ancients lost the ability to hold the Wraith back, the Travelers left their world (they knew the Wraith would come for them) and began to live in space. It would make alot of sense why the travelers would be involved and why they would still be living in space.

Comment

i personally think this is how it went:

the travellers had a nice collection of planets. the wraith advanced throughout the galaxy, and became a dominant race. they developed two plans:

1: defend. hoping the ancients devise a way to defeat the wraith, they go into defence mode.

2: backup. as having a single plan is irresponsible, they devised an evac plan. building several dozen maintenance friendly ships with what i believe are cold fusion reactors, they could stay in space for ages. combined with a way of biological lifesupport, they can easily run from the wraith forever. they most likely evac'd to a new world, but got discovered and remained fleeing ever since.

seeing as #1 failed, #2 got approved and they fled.

with no way to build ships and no way to have the numbers required, they cant fight wraith

Comment

Working...
                                X