No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1) Other countries have no edge on the Stargate Program, unlike the Russians with their Stargate.
    What are you talking about? They all have an edge, they could release the existence of the Stargate Program to the public.

3) SGC isn't exactly good friends with the other countries; remember the season 6 episode where they talked? If they knew SGC just acquired a plasma weapon capable of owning the crap out of ascended beings shield, and can manufacture pretty much anything, I'd think they would want it.
    Have you not watched the rest of Stargate? The IOA? Hello? They RUN the Stargate Program.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Britain (always has cool ship names):

HMS Victory
      HMS Invincible
      HMS Surprise (ok, so it's fake, but it's a great name)

Canada (mostly named after places):

HMCS Aurora
      HMCS Athabasca
      HMCS Northwest Passage

China - I have no idea what their naming convention is. So I'll substitute some bad cliches:

Chairman Mao
      Sun Wukong (the Monkey King)
      The Jade Emperor (hmm... that was a Goa'uld in the series, oh well....)

We also need some ships named after the Asgard. So, since their names are in Norse mythology, some of the Scandinavian countries:

Thor
      Freyr
      Loki

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
        i say one 304 for france, one 304 for britain and ireland together, one for germany, one for italy, two for switzerland(VERY VERY RICH) and one 304 for the benelux, than 2 more for the US, 1 for Japan and 2 for Russia
        France- Maybe but knowing them they would surrender it

GB and Irlenad- No, let one nation have one ship not make them share one, plus they don't have the best track record as allies, I mean who would command it a British officer or an Irish one, so no just let GB have one

Germnay- I'm ok with that as long as they pay for it

Italy- They don't really need one, do they? Maybe when their pollitical system isn't as corrupt

Switzerland- Why would we sell the netural country a ship, they are like the nox they wouldn't want to help

Benelux- They don't need one right now

Japan- They have no military so why would they need a ship?

Russia- We should sell one to them because they did lose theirs to the Ori

USA- We should have a fleet of ships that is equal to or have more then any other nation on the planet
        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
        A Face you Can Trust
        sigpic
        So whats the worst that could happen?
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

why does everybody forget bout Australia. Give Australia a ship or two

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
            why does everybody forget bout Australia. Give Australia a ship or two
            what can austrailia contribute to the program? i think no country should get a ship unless they can contribue something and are not beeing greedy. that goes for all, what can great brittan, germany, france, austrailia, etc, contribute?

Comment

Who gets a ship should be based on income per captia of the country.

The US has one of the highest so we should have some then down the line.

This way the countries that can afford to "waste" money can. And countries like China, where it is low, should feed thier people instead of waging an War outside the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                Who gets a ship should be based on income per captia of the country.

The US has one of the highest so we should have some then down the line.

This way the countries that can afford to "waste" money can. And countries like China, where it is low, should feed thier people instead of waging an War outside the galaxy.
                that makes sense. if a country can't afford to feed their own people, then they shoudn't focus on a ship.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                  that makes sense. if a country can't afford to feed their own people, then they shoudn't focus on a ship.
                  We have starving people in America so should we not have ships then?
                  Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                  A Face you Can Trust
                  sigpic
                  So whats the worst that could happen?
                  Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                  It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                    what can austrailia contribute to the program? i think no country should get a ship unless they can contribue something and are not beeing greedy. that goes for all, what can great brittan, germany, france, austrailia, etc, contribute?
                    Kanga Bangas for all

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

(note this is somewhat tongue in cheek)
                      as cool as it would be, right up till the French see a wraith cruiser and surrender
                      I'd be scared to give some people a 304
                      Japan, they would figure out how to make them faster, cheaper, better.. thats not a bad thing tho
                      Israel omg, the are crazy, i'd be afraid there wouldn't be any bad guys left in the universe after 2-3 months(gotta remember travel time)

it would more likely happen on a smaller slower scale
                      easier to pass off smaller jumps in tech than to hide the budget to buy/make a 304 and a bunch of 302s
                      but for sake of argument lets say they can hide the zillion dollars to get them then they still have to BUY the materials from the US(remember who has the only gate and the only sources for the materials), is China, Russia, etc going to want to buy X tons of each material for Y price?... it would be the new oil
                      Unless they buy the plans, the location of planets with the materials and no populations that would object, AND a couple Gou'ald cargo ships each... they can send their own mining teams

Comment

My opinion is that it would be better to fill up our ships with international crews, and put them under the IOA(as it is right now) so there would be no arguments about which country gets them and which doesnt. And the facilites would be still in the us, but they would get funds from IOA countries for building them.
                        Trailers and PR
                        Stargate: War Begins team
                        http://www.moddb.com/mods/9705/stargate-mod-war-begins
                        forums:
                        http://stargatethewarbegins.tk/

sigpic

We will miss you Hammond of Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          France- Maybe but knowing them they would surrender it

GB and Irlenad- No, let one nation have one ship not make them share one, plus they don't have the best track record as allies, I mean who would command it a British officer or an Irish one, so no just let GB have one

Germnay- I'm ok with that as long as they pay for it

Italy- They don't really need one, do they? Maybe when their pollitical system isn't as corrupt

Switzerland- Why would we sell the netural country a ship, they are like the nox they wouldn't want to help

Benelux- They don't need one right now

Japan- They have no military so why would they need a ship?

Russia- We should sell one to them because they did lose theirs to the Ori

USA- We should have a fleet of ships that is equal to or have more then any other nation on the planet
                          Why Germany have to pay for a 304? If they build it themself with buyed materials(because they don't have trinium, naqaudah etc.) then why they would have to pay for the ship?

Why do you think that Japan don't have a military?

I think Central Europe could get at least one ship too, but in some kind of organization, becuase we are not always agree in every question. There are a lot of historical opposition(for example:Treaty of Trianon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Trianon). But maybe in a coalition we could work together.....maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                            If the Italians had a ship it would have to be built like their World War 2 tanks...6 gears, and all in reverse

Comment

well i would say that all countries that help in atlantis should get the plans
                              that means:
                              canada
                              all of western europe
                              russia

and when you ask how are we gonna support the stargate program:
                              -with an extra battlecrusier of course

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                                well i would say that all countries that help in atlantis should get the plans
                                that means:
                                canada
                                all of western europe
                                russia

and when you ask how are we gonna support the stargate program:
                                -with an extra battlecrusier of course
                                Exactly and the secret of the stargate would remain safe because the other countries would be happy that they had a Battlecruiser

Comment

Working...
                                X