More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    It wasn't exactly their fault the ori blew the damn thing up.
    Agreed. Its unfair to to use the Battle of the super gate against the Russians. Every ship that participated in the battle was destroyed, except for perhaps the Asgard ship.

Regarding who gets the next ship: Considering there seems to be only 1 facility producing the 304s, I find it highly unlikely anymore will be permitted to go out to other countries until the US considers its own fleet fleshed out. The only reason the Russians got one at all was because due to the situation with the actual gate, they were in a position to make demands.
    Last edited by Tain; 16 March 2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
      But the tatics are really the same
      not really, the navy is in the water, so it is limited to what it can do in water. a starship is in space where it has the freedom and the physics to move at all angles.

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
        not really, the navy is in the water, so it is limited to what it can do in water. a starship is in space where it has the freedom and the physics to move at all angles.
        When they were doing research into crewed, long duration space missions, NASA spent alot of time with the US submarine service. It has more in common with these kind of spacecraft than the airforce ever will. Submarines and their crews operate for months on end, in a hostile environment, in a sealed craft with a crew of hundreds that can move in 3 dimensions. Just like a space ship.

Comment

i was thinking about surface ships like aircraft carriors and destroyers. subs i forgot about. the only difference between space craft and subs are the weapons, ship design, etc.

Comment

if people are worried about where the UK and other europeans could build them we have one or two places around the world
            not everyone wanted out of the empires these are the places that wanted to stay part of the country that rules them rather than become part of the closest state though looking can you blame any of them

I know the maps in french but you get the idea and it slabeled with flags no of which are particualy obscure

the reason the french one has loads of ocean is so they can say they have the biggest by area but its a bit pathetic realy

and there is a fair bit of good ole colonialism left in the antartic

Argentinas claim is dead since the falklands war where the got there asses handed to them by the british the UK chille overlap isnt settled but if a conflict happed id asume a straigt down the middle of the contested area solution

canada has its huge extents of ice germany are the only ones a bit stuck europe divided up their empire after WW1 but there is an unclaimed bit of antrtica that could be shared between countries that need the space

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The problem with room is that just look at a map of britain almost every 5 miles theres a town or village of some sort and a BC-304 flying through the air isnt exactly subtle. The problem with using the smaller islands which is the only way is that firstly you need defences navy ships, airforce atleast then you need to build the hanger on it you need a fair few supplies moved out there but with asgard beams is easy.

There is very little difference between navy ships and space ships the tactics used in ship combat are completly different from the airforce and is ive already said airforce arent trained to use the consoles equipment which is virtualy off navy ships anyway. The armaments of the BC-304 are used the same as a navy ship uses them ship to ship missles and secondary defensive guns about the same complement as a navy frigate wereas the airforce the only thing that comes close to this type of warfare is big bombers with gunners. Youve got to look at every aspect of the ship food, living space, entertainment, ship-consoles and repair equipment its all going to be from naval ships. Il go into more detail about why the navy is better at all these compared to the airforce if people keep saying it should be airforce ship.

p.s navy ships have fighter planes and helicopters so have experience in that aswell especialy at landing on the deck of a carrier/304
              if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                Yeah but Britain and France have had even more experience i think together weve thought almost every nation in the world ( including the shortest war in history 40 minutes gota love the navy)

China is an older country granted but it hasnt put to much effort into global conquest or territory gain (never thought id say that) but britain ruled ever ocean for a couple hundred years china's navy wasnt as capable and couldnt rule the pacific. Weve thought in atleast 5 major conflicts in recent times Iraqx2 afghanistan and the falklands wereas apart from tibet i dont think china's thought a war since ww2 dunno bout vietnam or the first gulf war. Also chinas modern day navy isnt in the same class as britain france us and russia.

do you realy want china to have advanced military equipment??
                China never really raised wars with any country, other countries challenged them, so they had to fight. China didn't expand further because they were too afraid, but that doesn't mean their naval support isn't capable of doing it.
                But seriously, Stargate makes Chinese people look stupid, so I'd rather not see them have advanced equipment.
                I remember in season 9, Stargate where this Chinese girl with the IOA and when she falls on the ground where everyone leaves her behind
                this is what they wanted her to say" I need help, help me...!"
                but their translation came out as " Me help need, help i!"
                ....-.-

Comment

I agree that each member country should be given a ship to promote international cooperation.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by SG66 View Post
                    what can austrailia contribute to the program? i think no country should get a ship unless they can contribue something and are not beeing greedy. that goes for all, what can great brittan, germany, france, austrailia, etc, contribute?
                    Australia has a extremely strong economy (one of the best per capita in the world) and Australia also is a extremely resource heavy country which is useful when trying to build massive space ships.

Comment

Australia also has huge amounts of nonpopulated areas where they could easily set up many 304 production sites without having to worry about anybody seeing them. Logistically Australia is the perfect place to be building the 304's, besides USA. And the USA is only ahead because it has the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tekken Lord View Post
                        Australia also has huge amounts of nonpopulated areas where they could easily set up many 304 production sites without having to worry about anybody seeing them. Logistically Australia is the perfect place to be building the 304's, besides USA. And the USA is only ahead because it has the stargate.
                        Exactly. Australia has areas which are not seen by human eyes for years at a time. If the government were to set up a military base in some parts of Western Australia, South Australia or Northern Territory then no one would even be aware of its existance.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                          Australia has a extremely strong economy (one of the best per capita in the world) and Australia also is a extremely resource heavy country which is useful when trying to build massive space ships.
                          I wouldn't go that far, and per capita is irrelevant, it's how much cash your government has to dish out that matters. If Australia is going to get one based on how much cash you have you'd better get in line behind Mexico and Brazil and the like...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            I wouldn't go that far, and per capita is irrelevant, it's how much cash your government has to dish out that matters. If Australia is going to get one based on how much cash you have you'd better get in line behind Mexico and Brazil and the like...
                            All Australia would need is the plans to the 304 and we could build our own for a fraction of the price of most other countries as Australia has alot more resources than most other countries so the raw materials for the X304 would be alot cheaper.

As for Australia's economy my government spends Billions of dollars every year on modern equipment and im reasonably certain that per capita Australia is in the top 3 in the world on military spending.
                            Last edited by ykickamoocow; 16 March 2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I don't really think they should expose more countries to advance technology. Cause you know what'll happen, a episode about how that country wasn't smart to use it. I mainly think they need new ship types.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudmaster101 View Post
                                I don't really think they should expose more countries to advance technology. Cause you know what'll happen, a episode about how that country wasn't smart to use it. I mainly think they need new ship types.
                                What they should do is give countries such as Australia, Russia, United Kingdom the Asgard technology and then each government can design and build their own ships. It would be great to have different ship designs for each country

Comment

Working...
                                X