No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the UN couldn't handle this. It's not a military organization.

They want to phase out their troops from Ruanda in the war between the hutu and the tutsi in 1994. The UN members knew that there will be a massmurder in the country but the leadership didn't do anything. After the killing started the UN decided to bring their troops out of the country. The Commander of the local UN troops deciced to stay and save as many tutsi as possible. They didn't get any supplies or rienforcments. Some times they collect the fuel from every jeep to get enough fuel to use one. After the war the main UN countries said that there wasn't any genocide only "acts of genocide". The reason of this is very simple: If it would be genocide they would have to send their troops there by according to the international rights.

So I think the UN isn't a good choice for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
      Russia built one already (and promptly lost it.)
      Russia was given the F304 by the Americans wasn't it?

Comment

Russia had BC-304 Korelev. My assumption is the US paid most or all development costs and gave them our plans. I think they built it themselves.

The comments made by the Russian Colonel to the Chinese rep when the existence of the Stargate was revealed suggested they expected to receive blueprints after the US did the hard work. Saving themselves billions.

So, we gave them the blueprints, but I think they did their own grunt work.

Comment

North Korea

Comment

Originally posted by Maedhros_Sea View Post
            Russia had BC-304 Korelev. My assumption is the US paid most or all development costs and gave them our plans. I think they built it themselves.

The comments made by the Russian Colonel to the Chinese rep when the existence of the Stargate was revealed suggested they expected to receive blueprints after the US did the hard work. Saving themselves billions.

So, we gave them the blueprints, but I think they did their own grunt work.
            Oh yeah I completely forgot about that episode, yeah I guess it would make more sense that way...I mean why would you just give a spaceship to another country, I know it was so they could use the Stargate and all but a whole ship? Yeah they probably just gave them the blueprints.

Comment

I'd love to think that, once the whole 'evil aliens' thing is revealed, humanity might come together more. Then again, I just saw 'Contact' last night.

The present UN is a nightmare, yes, but maybe we just don't have the right incentives to get on right? The fact that a multinational force made up of scientists and soldiers from numerous countries managed to work successfully together on Atlantis bodes well for humans working together, minus the IOA/UN/other lettered organizations.

If the UN can't get it right, then the US seems to be taking care of business. As long as they don't surrender the rest of the planet to the Wraith when they arrive as long as the 50 states stay safe, I'm cool with them running things. Though I'd love to see that situation play out. Would the US let the rest of the world rot in the hands of the evil alien invaders or realize they can't trust whoever's attacking and go in all or nothing into the fight?
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think that a UN ship is stupid. I am still sticking to my guns on the fact that a Brittish ship alongside the Daeduls would be the coolest thing ever.

HMS Magna carter or the HMS Hurricane or the HMS Montgummry
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                  I think that a UN ship is stupid. I am still sticking to my guns on the fact that a Brittish ship alongside the Daeduls would be the coolest thing ever.

HMS Magna carter or the HMS Hurricane or the HMS Montgummry
                  I think a series of ships from several countries (including the UK) alongside the Oddy would be cooler.

Comment

Sevral reasons why a UN ship would be stupid.
                    1. We would never see it beacuse the UN would never send to Atlantis beacuse they would be more concernd with defending earth
                    2. Beacuse a ship belonging to a individual contry is cooler and probally more effective beacuse it only needs one government to sign off on a mission meanwhile the UN ship needs all nations of the world to sign off on a mission so it would effect mobilization times.
                    3. Then the SG program would have to be disclosed to all nations of the world and the SGC can barely keep Russia quiet

Over all a joind operation for American and Brittish ships would be cool beacuse to take out a Wraith base all they would have to do is beam down 3 SAS teams and 3 squads of US Mariens and that base is as good as gone
                    Last edited by P-51D Mustang; 11 March 2008, 01:46 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

What would be interesting to see on the ships if we did ever give any away to other countries is some wicked paint designs on them. They should personalize the ship in a sense. It would look cool and add a whole new element to the show. Like the Daedalus could have a sticker on it for every hive it destroys, or every aurora it destroys.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

USA in stargate has built promethus dedalus odessy korolev apollo and nearly another
                        Spoiler:
                        pheonix

US economy is 6X the size of the uk economy so in that time UK could feild one ship also note US had to do R and D

france italy and germany have economys pretty much the same as UK (a few billion different each)

so just by adding europe there is 4 more ships

japan has a big ass economy so do china india and russia they could probly aford 1 each russia maybe 2 so theres another 4-5 more

and smaller countries could form coalitions say suatralia new zeeland and canada an rather awsome combination

norway sweeden denmark iceland greenland finland a norse 304
                        so far thats 10 or 11 more a total fleet of 14

and that is reason it wont happen what could the wraith possibly feild that could take that many ships

and the australian who mentioned there antartic teratory us brits have one to so do the kiwiis india france and norway thats alot of blackmailing

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

I think that England could at leat feild two
                          sigpic

Comment

Other countries definitely need more ships.
                            The US alone can't continue to make all the ships for the defense of the entire world.

I mean, if humanity were to ever actually start an all out war with the wraith, even with the Asgard weapons, the existing 304's, even with two or three more, wouldn't be able to keep up with the sheer numbers of the wraith.
                            They could probably cut them down significantly, but they would ultimately be overwhelmed.
                            If all the countries made their own ships, or even if they all collaborated on making ships just to speed up production(although that would cause some problems as to who would be in control), Humanity would be able to field a sizable fleet to bring against the wraith or anyone else.
                            sigpic

Comment

i think that britain, france and Russia could build 1 304 a year and China could build 3 for every 2 years. they would not build 303s cos they are cheaper. 303s are not built for asgard tech so they would not use them.
                              the EU and the rest of the world would not build any cos they dont no about the stargate

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                                Firstly redefine best americas not the best country in the world it has far to many flaws, but lets not get political. Britain France and Germany should get a ship we can run it together and we can work togther french stuborness with british cunning and profesionalism and german enginuity would make a damn fine ship and would bond these countries together even more.

Britain and France have prety much ruled the world as major powers for the last 500-600 years atleast and germany has done some pretty amazing things like holding off most of the world twice. Europe has had its taste of empire's and gave them up America is more likely to abuse this technology for example they used f-302's in ireland in that alternate universe and are the only country to use nuclear weapons in a war. TBH i dont even think Britain deserves it for what we did in Iraq i mean warcrimes FTL wereas france and germany stayed out of it.

Dont name a ship Hood or bismark there destined to die fighting each other name it Illustrious, Invincible, Ark royal, Dauntless, Vangaurd all great powerful names with long histories EUSS Dauntless has a nice ring to it (european union spaceship). We should atleast get some F-302's but when are people come back from atlantis with the knowledge from asgard and ancient databases we can build are own tech eventualy anyway.

Give us an SG team SAS/marine commandos are the best in the world more than a match for wraith and jafa fodder Britain has the best snipers in the world and currently holds the record for furthest kill with a sniperifle, lets kill that Goauld or Queen from 2km away oh yeah. You cant deny that Europe would be one of the best sg teams out there.
                                You are half right & by your reply it looks like your an European. Why half? I say give to the EU (European Union) control to a 304 and some 302s, they have the money that it's needed 4 this ships & they're repairs.
                                Last edited by Invictus; 13 March 2008, 02:37 AM.
                                The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
                                Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by Karhedron
                                I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Working...
                                X