No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMAS Federation for the win! But seriously, as someone mentioned earlier, it would be practically impossible for other countries to build ships, for starters they'd need the funds but they also need the resources which only the USA has. Unless of course the Australian owned segment of Antarctica is the location of the Atlantus outpost, in which case, we could always blackmail them . I'm always up for a little bit of blackmail.

Comment

AUSTRALIA needs a ship. we can call it the The Kangaroo

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

There will never be ships to other countries... why?
        1) Other countries have no edge on the Stargate Program, unlike the Russians with their Stargate.
        2) SGC only gave a ship to the Russians because they needed their gate, if they didn't, the Russians would have never gave it.
        3) SGC isn't exactly good friends with the other countries; remember the season 6 episode where they talked? If they knew SGC just acquired a plasma weapon capable of owning the crap out of ascended beings shield, and can manufacture pretty much anything, I'd think they would want it.
        4) Supreme Commander Thor owned them all. Period.

Comment

Other countries will never get a ship becuase the writers won't give them one.

In real world the other countries would never accept that only the USA can build these ships. They would try to make a deal with the USA to get the key components(trinium,naquadah etc.). They could build a facility in a uninhabbited area. The bigger countries have the budget to build at least one ship and countries that don't have enough money could make some kind of coalition to build a ship.

All of the other reasons are only speculations.

Comment

OMG people Europe is the richest continent in the world Britain alone spent 15billion dollars on 200 fighters and the r&d for the new f-35 britain spends 40 billion france spends 33 germany 27 and italy 21 a year on there military's, now spread the cost of 4 billion over 3 years and noone will notice it especialy if the other european countries pay for it together. 1 billion from all of those countries to buy an f-304 noone will notice the money missing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._%28nominal%29

north America GDP is 16.7 trillion
            Europe (not EU) is 17.8 trillion

It would be in the best interests for america to give this tech to other countries because when they go public with the stargate program itll show that they shared the technology with Europe and werent greedy. The Asgard database was given to the people of Earth not just America its just showing pure greed. The asgard just said theyd prefer it if Hammond and the sgc stayed in command of the stargate saying ' We would like it to remain under the control of general hammond and his team and altough are freindship is not contingent on that it is prefered' also the asgard are dead.

The EU will get this tech eventualy either through people working on Atlantis in the SGC or occasionally on the US ships if America holds out special forces and spy groups will steal and or destroy this technology all it would take is to get a few scientist/spies onto the oddysey which is pretty easy download the tech then erase the core do you realy want that to happen? If the US govement gave Europe the technology then Europe would owe the US a huge favor that kind of sway is more useful than 1 ship EU is richer, better culturally, in many aspects scientifically, has more international influence and politicaly influence.

Many European countries have small territories in other countries Britain owns hundreds of small islands in all the oceans of the world, France has defence contracts and bases with several african nations and both countries have military bases in america so there plenty of space to hold 1 ship. Also if we traded some of these islands and places we can fit Weapons platform such as ioncanons in remote well fortified locations around the world.

NATO is a military and research alliance of Europe and north american countries which the US is apart of we share technology and military hardware that would normally not be open to trade for an obviose dollar cost. When britain got the capability to use nuclear missles (just after ww2 we were to poor and are infrastructure was damaged) the US goverment gave us nuclear weapons as theres were more reliable and effective and they didnt want us to blow up europe accidentally researching them. America's given us the most destructive weapons in existance why cant they do it again.

All it would take is 1 cargo ship for us to begin offworld minning missions even if we cant get trinium from the alien planet the sgc get it from we can use otehr materials and naquadah is pretty easy to get without the goauld no longer around, we could get a cargo ship easy once again use special forces in atlantis or get 1 in the sgc using money they gate to a lucain planet and swipe one of there cargo ships and once again the us has lost a good bit of lerage we could even steal a gate with a DHD.

Never underestimate Europe we get what we want one way or the other.

sorry if its a bit scattered i had to go back and put in some new info occasioanlly
            if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

HMS Invincible

It's like a continuation of the carrier...but in space.

If you think about it, if all the countries pulled together Earth could have a huge fleet of F-304's.

I definatly think there needs to be more British people in Stagate, I mean off the top of my head I can think of the one scientist in Atlantis who sacrificed himself to take out a hive ship. For Queen and Country lol.

An SAS team would own, has no one seen Ultimate Force? Every Wraith would be dead and they'd be like, "huh? what just happened" Just like the Ultimate Force episode where Kemp and some other geezer kill like 100 guys while lying in the open, and the bad guy says "It was the SAS" another one goes, "How can you tell?" and he replies "The body count" , lmao so bad it's good.

Comment

Personally I thought Canada should get a 304 for loaning Rodney McKay and Gene Miller to the Atlantis program! They are way more valuable that a piddly Russian Stargate

The HMS Chinook for the win

Also Canada is one of the few countries with enough unpopulated areas to easily build these ships and keep it secret; if we had the materials.

Comment

It would be nice to see a bit of European interaction with the Stargate Program.

Possibly the ESA (European Space Agency) could form a sub-organisation for Stargate related matters including 302/3/4 production. As previous posters have mentioned Europe can definitely afford it. Obviously its impossible for two Stargate Programs to run simultaneously in the same solar system, but it would certainly be possible for the ESA to run its own program from, say, a nearby solar system in a Midway style space station (very unlikely a nearby SS would have a habitable planet). This would be a relatively short trip for resupply, either by a Earth designed cargo ship or by an ESA owned 303/4.

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    I think the UN needs ships, not individual countries. We'd just end up fighting our wars on Earth with alien technology, leading to no Earth. The same way the Atlantis expedition was a multinational effort, so should future ships.
                    I totaly agree, best thing to do. Their will be more money to spend and it will unite us in all in a comon goal, defending earth and everybody will contribute.
                    Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by Gibsnag View Post
                      It would be nice to see a bit of European interaction with the Stargate Program.

Possibly the ESA (European Space Agency) could form a sub-organisation for Stargate related matters including 302/3/4 production. As previous posters have mentioned Europe can definitely afford it. Obviously its impossible for two Stargate Programs to run simultaneously in the same solar system, but it would certainly be possible for the ESA to run its own program from, say, a nearby solar system in a Midway style space station (very unlikely a nearby SS would have a habitable planet). This would be a relatively short trip for resupply, either by a Earth designed cargo ship or by an ESA owned 303/4.
                      You are talking as if Europe is a country, which it is not! please keep that in mind. The EU is surely rich enough to build many ships. But stil the UN is the best option
                      Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Originally posted by P-51D Mustang View Post
                        Yea, but u have to admit that there has to be a ship from another contry. Accept the Russians they already proved that they cant handle a ship. Prefribley the Brittish beacue in my opinon they are one of the only contries on Earth that can afford it.
                        Don't know if you've been taking notice of the British purse strings recently but our idiot Government who couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery even if they were in a brewery and already pi$$ed, can't even afford 2m to keep Jodrell Bank open, thats after spending 8m making it the center of the new e-merlin network.

Add to that the hundreds of million they've spent bailing out Northern Rock, the millions they wasted coming up with a new two word slogan for HMRC, the complete waste of time and money that is the 2012 Olympics (is there anyone who actually likes that logo?), the ridiculous amount of money we pay MPs annually just so they can vote to give themselves ridiculous pay rises, extended holidays, unnecessary perks, and make us pay for every thing they buy (all with zero oversight whatsoever), and the complete cockup of about every government IT project that has ever been commissioned, and we'd be lucky to afford a 302!

Rant over!

Comment

I am laughing that you all think the UN is a good option. The UN is a good principle idea but currently is a bureaucratic nightmare that makes the IOA look like easy going Indiana Jones type people.

If the SG is reveal the UN might actually start to work properly, but I doubt it. It would be better off to create a new system to replace the UN. Knowing that there are evil aliens might even make some countries care what a new UN thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by ffstbh View Post
                            You are talking as if Europe is a country, which it is not! please keep that in mind. The EU is surely rich enough to build many ships. But stil the UN is the best option
                            You're right it isn't one country but it is getting there, I mean have a look at the ESA's recent launch of the Jules Verne ATV Space Frieghter, that was a project undertaken by several of the EU major powers and as a result the ESA has the only thing capable of resupplying the ISS when the American shuttles are decommissioned in a couple of years (I think they only have 11 missions left after Endevour (<sp?) was launched a day or so ago.)

The UN has been pretty useless recently I mean they haven't really stepped in and done anything of major significance, there is just too much beaurocracy.

Comment

we should give other countries 303s so we can still be better with ships, but at the same time make the other countries happy
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

The UN?????

pure crazy talk. First off, the UN is the very model of disfunction. Countries that are among the worst human rights abusers are able to appoint themselves to blue ribbon panels that monitor human rights.

Nevermind that most of those countries know nothing of the Stargate Program. The UN should be disbanded and replaced with something entirely different. Nothing more than a forum to mediate international disputes, trade, and disaster relief ops.

Britain, and France do have the money. If these countries canceled their current carrier program, (Called Queen Elizabeth class in Britain) they could each build a ship. Maybe Spain and Italy (who are also building carriers) could build a third. Russia built one already (and promptly lost it.)

I doubt we'd give one to China. That would be bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X