No announcement yet.

More contries need ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We should atleast get the desings for the 302 britain could probably field 20-30 fighters if needed due to goverments budget cuts on the military .

The only combined country ship i could see working is britain-germany or france-germany maybe britain-france but we have a habit of arguing with each other over stupid things bloody french wanting us to give more money to EU even though we pay in the most.

The 3 major european countries (britain,france,germany) if we were given a few techs we could make a smaller short range warship like a planetary assault ship that can take 30 marines has asgard transporters cloak asgard shields and maybe a few beams. There is a very good use for this type of ship if you think about it how many times have they in SG that the gates been inaccesable with enemy ships in orbit several times weve needed to attack on the ground but with ships and instead of a daedalus class or a vital ship going against the ships in orbit till the ground teams mission is complete just send a smaller cloaked ship come out of hyperspace cloak beam them down they do there mission and beam them up. would be perfect for the EU to make research and develop. Might be worth making it able to attach to a bc-304 for transport aswell.
    if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

give me a ship!
      Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
        give me a ship!
        You'd probably turn it into a glorified brewerey.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
          Is that a bad thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Bray View Post
            Is that a bad thing?
            Only if he insists on making budwiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
              who wouldnt why do you think id love a wraith hive theres more space onboard

Comment

Originally posted by a6346 View Post
                It would be in the best interests for america to give this tech to other countries because when they go public with the stargate program itll show that they shared the technology with Europe and werent greedy.
                Explain how that would be in our best interests please?

The EU will get this tech eventualy either through people working on Atlantis in the SGC or occasionally on the US ships if America holds out special forces and spy groups will steal and or destroy this technology all it would take is to get a few scientist/spies onto the oddysey which is pretty easy download the tech then erase the core do you realy want that to happen? If the US govement gave Europe the technology then Europe would owe the US a huge favor that kind of sway is more useful than 1 ship EU is richer, better culturally, in many aspects scientifically, has more international influence and politicaly influence.
                I seriously doubt that. Remember all talk back from atlantis goes through the SGC and you don't think that is vetted to ensure tech/knowledge is not being leaked back...? As to sneaking on the ships, how the heck are they going to be doing that... Unless they try that camera man trick, they have no hope.

[quote]I am laughing that you all think the UN is a good option. The UN is a good principle idea but currently is a bureaucratic nightmare that makes the IOA look like easy going Indiana Jones type people./quote]

Well said Durga... The UN these days, even in SG world is such a waste of space, that i would rather the IOA take it over, than them buffoons.

I'd love to think that, once the whole 'evil aliens' thing is revealed, humanity might come together more. Then again, I just saw 'Contact' last night
                Agreed. if the whole of earth's reaction was anywhere close to how we handled it in contact, i pity us..

2. Beacuse a ship belonging to a individual contry is cooler and probally more effective beacuse it only needs one government to sign off on a mission meanwhile the UN ship needs all nations of the world to sign off on a mission so it would effect mobilization times.
                3. Then the SG program would have to be disclosed to all nations of the world and the SGC can barely keep Russia quiet
                Number 2 is spot on. Just look at the nightmare of how the IOA is, and that is no where near as big as the UN.

The 3 major european countries (britain,france,germany) if we were given a few techs we could make a smaller short range warship like a planetary assault ship that can take 30 marines has asgard transporters cloak asgard shields and maybe a few beams.
                I could see that. Pawning out tech and troop transport, maybe 302s for production.. BUt i still don't think it will ever happen.

Comment

i just read through all the post and i have to say that this is an interesting idea.

i say give the british a ship, during WW2 they proved they have the tenacity to hold out and fight to the bitter end during the battle of britain. i respect them for that.

also i think the UN is a joke, period. if you go over their history they have made more mistakes then what any one of us could possibly dream of. some people may think the iraq war is bad, but just read the UN history report, its worse. sorry for being political.

i say the US, British, russia, china, france, and germany pull out of the UN and stop funding them, that alone would save our respective countries billions of dollars, which can be used for 304s.

instead i have an idea that we create a new organization, one that has very strict rules for the advanced technology. one that has the world leaders meet together, no ambassadors to screw things up. the leaders themselves. period.

there should be strict rules to keep any one country, from useing the technology as leverage to get what they want, and no technology in any of our wars, perod. if that happened then the human race deserves to die for our stupidity.

and there should also be strict rules about joining the IOA or whatever the new organization is called. this would probably eliminate many countries, like the arab countries and the violent african counties and anything else out there. but the potential benefits might be enough for them to finally get their act together.

if these and other rules are made then the human race as a whole can trule prosper and start our first steps into true advancement.

Comment

I said this in a few other forums and it seems to fit here...

I believe that the natural progression of Stargate Command is...

1. I would eventually become it's own "armed force" separate of the USAF. Much the same as the Air Force was a split from the Army and the Marines/Navy situation.

2. It would be staffed by multi-national and multi-world members. British, German, Aussie, Russian, Chinese, etc... As well as people from other planets such as Teal'c, Teyla, Jonas and Ronan. If that were to happen, the "need" for other countries to have their own ships would be somewhat negated.

3. The IOA is a crap organization but most likely, they or some form of the IOA would end up being the governing body for galactic/intergalactic affairs.
                    sigpic

Comment

Explain how that would be in our best interests please?
                      Well if the US gives technology to other more reliable world countries the people's of those countries wont feel screwed over by the americans. Also giving technology to other countries would give you a better leverage in foreign trade and the increased influence throughout the world. But if they didnt when the stargate goes public and showing the americans as being greedy with technology given to Earth not just the US you will get huge backlashes on all american products abroad would ruin the US economy and reputation throughout the world would create more terrorism against the US from other countries (most likely not the EU) but the EU can screw you over financialy.

I seriously doubt that. Remember all talk back from atlantis goes through the SGC and you don't think that is vetted to ensure tech/knowledge is not being leaked back...? As to sneaking on the ships, how the heck are they going to be doing that... Unless they try that camera man trick, they have no hope.
                      Simple realy the noly way to get personal to atlantis atm is through the BC-304 just wait intill you get 10 people from the main EU countries switch them with military personal and goverment hackers (change there details as needed picture name DOB ect) once there onbaord they get a reasonably free reign in the ship as we see they do wait intill a quiet shift(like the night shift) go to the asgard core download everything they can into hardrives then take a hammer or a big blunt object to it and there you go sabotage.

People learn the technology when they work round it these people can sign whatever they want when there in the US but the US cant do anything once they get back to there countries for example china or some of the poorer african countries just selling a single peice of the technology to terorist groups will earn them in some cases hundreds of millions. Theres no way for the US to be able to stop the influx of technology to other countries atleast if they give the technology they can oversee who gets what and most countries wont want to risk loosing what little they are getting by stealing and sabotaging.

Comment

heres a few names for real HMS ships.....(wiki)

Invincible-class Aircraft carriers (3)

HMS Illustrious (R06)
                        HMS Ark Royal (R07) - flagship of the active fleet
                        HMS Invincible (R05) - In reserve

Type 42 destroyers (8)

HMS Southampton (D90)
                        HMS Nottingham (D91)
                        HMS Liverpool (D92)
                        HMS Manchester (D95)
                        HMS Gloucester (D96)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

HMS Spartan ftw (My cousin serves on it, it's a nuculear submarine)

Comment

i think i like my idea, maybe several of us should discuss what rules should be put in place? just a suggestion.

Comment

i say one 304 for france, one 304 for britain and ireland together, one for germany, one for italy, two for switzerland(VERY VERY RICH) and one 304 for the benelux, than 2 more for the US, 1 for Japan and 2 for Russia

this may sound like fanwanking, but i think this would work the best

Comment

Canada needs a ship, we have pumped 7billion into Afghanistan I am sure we can scrounge up that much again to buy a super advanced space ship

Comment

Working...
                                X