Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P90's are out dated and should be replaced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well if not the P90
    they should at least swap the 9mm's for energy weapons

Comment

we allready did-the zat'nicka'tel's and wraith stunners

Comment

Well I have stated this so many times but I'll state it again;

Energy weapons are a staple of Sci Fi shows. And that Stargate uses weapons that are found in this day and age makes it unique from every other show. So energy weapons are good but in small doses.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
          Well I have stated this so many times but I'll state it again;

Energy weapons are a staple of Sci Fi shows. And that Stargate uses weapons that are found in this day and age makes it unique from every other show. So energy weapons are good but in small doses.
          well stargate is a scifi show. and it's not very unique as far as scifi shows go
          anyway you can't keep the same formula on a show for 11 years
          if it doesn't learn to evolve it will die.

every other episode we hear Sheppard saying "I wish I had Ronon's gun"
          and you expect me to believe that they can build giant super advanced space ships but not tiny energy weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
            well stargate is a scifi show. and it's not very unique as far as scifi shows go
            anyway you can't keep the same formula on a show for 11 years
            if it doesn't learn to evolve it will die.

and you expect me to believe that they can build giant super advanced space ships but not tiny energy weapons?

Well yes it is a Sci Fi show but IMO stargate needs to keep its uniqueness other wise it will no longer stand out from the other sci fi shows.

Comment

well there should be more variety in guns but for sg teams p90 is the ideal decisions, they do urban and field combat.

The P90 barrel is longer than the MP5 so its more accurate, and instead of using the MP5 rounds which really dont do well against armor they use armor peircing rounds.

The trigger is just as close to the end of the barrel as a hand gun giving it the turn radius of a hand gun with the capabilities of a automatic weapon.
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post

...yes...that's exactly what you're meant to believe.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Many european countries have ordered them. i said close too not already using them. US and Dutch Special forces in Astan have been using them for some time, my cousin is over there at the moment he's seen quite a few.

WG have them i heard but not sure on CAG, I know SOCOM have "adopted" SCARs, but lets face it, not many of those around at the moment. Norway are out fitting there forces with them. SCARs might be the answer SOCOM have been looking for but the overall replacement of the M16/M4 family i'm tipping will be the HK 416 and HK 417.

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  Really, can you prove it?

same question. I've seen onl?y one photo with US soldier carrying HK 416. Correct me if I'm wrong, only AWG(it's possible CAG uses it too, but who knows :-) ) only uses this weapon. And in the future, SOCOM units will use SCARs
                  A

yes, but that's because MP-5 family is used by CT units around the world during HR operations
                  Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

really i think that they should be using bigger rounds to take out enemy units even in Iraq now Marines are getting MK14 EBR Mod 0 and they army is turnning over to M14s to take down the targets, and if you need that on humans on a wraith you woulf need somethign with a huge punch

Comment

but but... I love me p-90. It's such an icon on Stargate. Energy weapons are kinda boring when you start using it all the time.

Comment

Energy weapons always appear to have a far slower recharge/rate of fire than projectile weapons in Stargate anyway-still the P90 is one of the best weapons apart from its ammunition is rare as only the Browning FN P-90 and the Browning FN 5-7 use 5.7mm x 28mm rounds

Comment

what about the fn f2000, it has a longer range and higher muzzle velocity than the p90 uses standard 5.56x40mm nato rounds, it can be equipped with a 40mm grenade launcher or a 12 gauge shotgun attachment- which could prove useful against the wraith and probably most importantly it looks sort of futuristic
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F2000

Comment

what about the guns from season 9 : off the gird : i think , where baal stoll all of the stargate ,

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                              what about the guns from season 9 : off the gird : i think , where baal stoll all of the stargate ,
                              which ones the smaller weapons they used were mp7's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP7

the assault rifle used was the g36
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G36

Comment

I disagree P90s are still the best weapon for the type of skirmishes SG teams get into, its light weight, quick to reload and has a high rate of fire (900 rounds a minute) and can be loaded with armour piercing rounds for those pesky Wriath and Jaffa.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X