Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P90's are out dated and should be replaced!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but than again, the stargate guns are made with trinium which can resist much heat

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
      but than again, the stargate guns are made with trinium which can resist much heat
      what in the show the P90s were never made of trinium

Comment

maybe some parts are made with it, just like the railgun

Comment

They need more high tech and cooler looking guns.

Machine guns are great at taking out multiple enemies at once.

But the team should also carry Ronan like energy weapons. They do not have sufficient firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
            It a hard truth, which i hate 2 say needs to happen!

i would like to see a new weapon that can still fire kinetic weapons but its primary use is energy based, so it can stun or kill, or just give the person on the receiving side a nice jolt!! wat do other people think?!??!?!?
            it would cost to much to have energy weapons every week sadly
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well personally I would use the Asuran Weapon(*note* we only saw there hand-gun not there rifle[if they had any in the first place]), it can stun, kill, and get the job done.

Comment

Personally I think the P-90's should be upgraded to P-90p A hybrid x-699 and a P-90 design. Using the same barrel, but different clips. You place a normal mag in it and it fires bullets, great for dealing with lower tech people, but replace the mag with a unique one and instead of firing bullets it can shoot pulses similar to that of the X-699 Much greater damage but lower rate of fire(higher than a staff weapon though). This way you can insert downsides like it's limited to 50 rounds, and then it needs a new liquid naqaudah cell as our methods of making them have impurities.

On the exterior you have an identical looking weapon, and they can determine which one they want use later.

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                  Personally I think the P-90's should be upgraded to P-90p A hybrid x-699 and a P-90 design. Using the same barrel, but different clips. You place a normal mag in it and it fires bullets, great for dealing with lower tech people, but replace the mag with a unique one and instead of firing bullets it can shoot pulses similar to that of the X-699 Much greater damage but lower rate of fire(higher than a staff weapon though). This way you can insert downsides like it's limited to 50 rounds, and then it needs a new liquid naqaudah cell as our methods of making them have impurities.

On the exterior you have an identical looking weapon, and they can determine which one they want use later.
                  a) plasma canons are trademaks of bad scifi.

b) you would need a diferent barel to fire plasma, it just doesn't work that way.

Comment

I wish to say my peace. The P-90s are pretty good weapons. They work. Projectile weapons are the only weapons that damage old version replicators.

The teams already have phase pistols in the ARGs. They have the biggest baddest ships in PG lets not make the teams too powerful.
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                      I wish to say my peace. The P-90s are pretty good weapons. They work. Projectile weapons are the only weapons that damage old version replicators.

The teams already have phase pistols in the ARGs. They have the biggest baddest ships in PG lets not make the teams too powerful.
                      Sounds like a bit of damage control to me as they Ex Deus Machina'd every enemy so far

Comment

They need to update the Weapons for all SG teams to the HK 416, as its close to being used world wide as the replacement for all kinds of assault rifles.

It's the new kid on the block, and it can be customised in many many forms.
                        Special forces are already using it, and thats what SG teams are.

Plus it can be barrel changed to a light machine gun with a 100 round drum magazine.

HK weapons are used by more countries then pretty much any other weapons besides the AK family. makes sense for them to be used by a multi national force.
                        Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Originally posted by StargateNexus View Post
                          yh b kl 2 still c the P90
                          Umm..?

Comment

Originally posted by Nadji View Post
                            Umm..?
                            translation: He said "Yeah. Be cool to still see the P-90"
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksy View Post
                              They need to update the Weapons for all SG teams to the HK 416, as its close to being used world wide as the replacement for all kinds of assault rifles.
                              Really, can you prove it?

It's the new kid on the block, and it can be customised in many many forms.
                              Special forces are already using it, and thats what SG teams are.
                              same question. I've seen onl?y one photo with US soldier carrying HK 416. Correct me if I'm wrong, only AWG(it's possible CAG uses it too, but who knows :-) ) only uses this weapon. And in the future, SOCOM units will use SCARs

HK weapons are used by more countries then pretty much any other weapons besides the AK family. makes sense for them to be used by a multi national force.
                              yes, but that's because MP-5 family is used by CT units around the world during HR operations
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm a big fan of the P90. It has its niche, but the Stargate Command is not that niche.

They need a versatile weapon--one capable of effective defense no matter the situation.

If we're going with imagianry weapons, i'd say develope a specific firearm, using either the Remington 6.8mm SPC or 6.5mm Grendel round. More power than the 5.56mm, and more controllable than the 7.62mm. I'd design a recoil operated system with a semi-auto, three round burst, and full auto select fire switch using caseless ammo and a modular chasis with complementary parts like a 40mm Grenade launcher, 25mm Grenade Launcher, 20mm Antimatterial Sniper or 12g shotgun attachment.

Either that or get real crazy with a Pulse rifle, some sort of Automatic Gauss Rifle that fires big slugs with minimal recoil; using magnetic acceleration rather than an explosive charge to project a round.
                                "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Working...
                                X