Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    I agree, and the Asurans should have put up a much more dificult fight. The first few kills were understandable, they were caught off guard but after shields been raised they should have stacked up the kill count. It looked like either they didnt use drones or all ships that had shields were immune, and they didn't up their energy weapons yeild. still i dont think they should have done so poorly, but if any consolation there were atleast 20 ships when the nanites started to get sucked back into the city.
    maybe we used our asgard plasma beams to take down the sheilds
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

^You are right, only 1 Hive was destroyed, but 3-4 should have been destroyed even if the confrontation lasted 1 minute only.

Anybody else noticed, no Asgard generator on either ships? Otherwise there would be no need for Ellis to say, transfer power from energy weapons to shields.

Comment

About the batle..

We have to keep in mind that the batle couldn't have lasted longer than a few minutes. How much time does it take for the replicators to estmate the severity of situation? If the balte didn't last longer than 2 a 3 minutes it isn't that strange the replicator ships looked that weak. The earth ships must have spread major panic as well amoung the replicators (as far machines know panic). This panic could have slowed down their thinking proces...

Further more.. Asgard or Ancients. I could be wrong but isn't there a episode in SG where thor is telling that the asgard even barley scratched the surface?? The ancients were busy on many fields of sience, not only war sience, they were "easly" whiped out by the wrait. The asgard had lots of time and were forced to devolope their weapons in the balte vs the " old replicators". So concerning the craft of war the asgard would prob be stronger but u don't know how advanced the ancients were on other fields of sience that has yet to be refield.
        Last edited by ffstbh; 05 January 2008, 12:04 PM.
        Study the great, they wil enlighten your soul

Comment

Guys, they only took out 5 replicators in total! They caught atleast 4 of them with their shields down! They really weren't doing all that well...

Comment

McKay "wont take more than a minute"

I assume at most the battle lasted 2 minutes then.

Aside:

The actresses that played Fran was hot, she has incredibly beautiful eyes BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              ^You are right, only 1 Hive was destroyed, but 3-4 should have been destroyed even if the confrontation lasted 1 minute only.

Anybody else noticed, no Asgard generator on either ships? Otherwise there would be no need for Ellis to say, transfer power from energy weapons to shields.
              i dont think he literally ment take the power that is being used on weapons to the shields, probably just that to concentrate all energy ( i think from an asgard generator) to sheilds
              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
              Anime signature in spoiler tag
              Spoiler:
              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I hope they have Asgard generators, but I doubt it.

Comment

Only one Replicator ship had a confirmed kill with shields down rest were pretty fair. The one that tried to escape that shep took out probably had depleted its shields and tried to run explaining why the drones penetrated. But i really want to know why the majority of them had a premature detonation.
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Replicator ships were made to look like weak sauces end of story. They're suppose to be 100% Replica of ancient warships so in theory the writers are just contradicting themselves throughout the seasons when they made the Aurora class ships look like the most powerful ships in the world.. Granted they were suprised but recall in No Man's Land the Aurora Class Ship took one hell of a beating before it was destroyed so don't give me that "the element of suprise bull****" it was still what? 15 ships vs 30? 12 of them being ships that shouldnt have even scratched the surface of the shields of the Aurora Class ships.

Comment

The 304 weapons play a significant part and only 5 Asuran ships were destoryed by weapons fire, only 4 in actual combat. And all the ships attacked one part of the planet's defenses not evenly thoughout the planet. it seemed to have been a a close to 12:14 Asuran vs. Alliance fight. So they were over whelmed by number and the plasma beam weapon did do its part. the 304 did destory 2 ships so that brings it down to 2. 2 Asuran warships were destroyed by Wraith and traveler ships with help from the 304s its reasonably good if you don't include an overwhelming biased. In contrast these ships proved to be superior than that of no man's land.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Thing is we took them by surprise and we didn't actually fight all of them, most were coming into range but until then we outnumbered the ones originally, even then they had no shields and even the rail guns could tear through them while the energy weapons charged up.

Looked as though they turned it around after a bit though I saw atleast 2 wraith ships heavily damaged, one of the traveler ships blew up, Apollo was losing ships fast.

Took em completly unprepared though and even then we go and blast a whole right through them with the energy weps.

I mainly think that the wraith hives are underestimated I almost garentee that if we used that beam on a hive it would do nowhere near as much damage as it does to other enemies, they got so much armor.

Comment

Ok we have long range scaners on Atlantis so how the hell did the Replicators not have them? So lets say they did then why were their ships not ready to engage and have shields on at least?

Also where were the drones from the planet? We have seen that they are fast and capable of reaching space easily so why did the reps on use them?
                          Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                          A Face you Can Trust
                          sigpic
                          So whats the worst that could happen?
                          Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                          It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The 7th hive wasn't destroyed, it was damaged, to what end, we will find out next week. And maybe the Asurans just can't/don't operate the Aurora class ships as well as the Ancients could, notice that in every episode, the Asurans fire weapons very slowly compared to other races, even the Ancients fought harder. Either since they cannot be killed or something like that, they are overconfident or they really don't have good operating instructions, remember back in the early episodes with all of the "The Ancients weren't good at leaving instruction manuals" stuff.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              Well it does show taking an Aurora getting pwned pretty easily, Darts seemed to have taken one out pretty easy though
                              i think we MUST assume the shields were very low! and i was curious why they didnt take zpm's but when your focusing on destroying a race you dont stop to think...'should we go shopping as well'?

overall the asurans were a bit too weak, the wraith should have been pawned and the generational ships. ours should have gotten badly damaged as well! but all in all the episode served its purpose... introduced new reps and developed the other races, just waiting for the 3rd part to this arc.

Comment

inside spoiler tag just incase some1 doesn't want to ruin something

Spoiler:
                                you have to use the baseline for those asgard weapons, what they were designed for - punch through ori shields, shields given to them from ascended beings, who know the inside and outs of the lower plane so to speak, they can mess around with it like lego blocks, those shields will most likely be the best shields. they cheated so to speak

now the asgard purposely built weapons to get though them, so why is it such a shock that they break through asuran shields so easily, ancient technology might be similar (rings on either ships seem to use similar technology for example other tech might be similar, chairs also) dont know the sg-1 ep. but after 10000 years or watever length of time that has passed, they become redundant, the Ori who recently built there ships are gonna be packed with the latest stuff.

Now, if the war was between, the asgard and asurans, asgard would win, Easily. now you might say, why did they 'loose' against the MW Replicators, they used asgard technology thats why they struggled against the MW replicators. but the asurans use ancient tech, It might not be to shabby, but advancements happen over years, and currently, the asgard are the most advanced tech people. ignoring machines/ascended beings who cheat.

now i wasn't shocked, i was kinda expecting it, asgard weapons ripping through ancient shielding, they ripped through ori shielding easily enough, ancient shields are nothing to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X