Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    it was wrong to pose the asurans as so uber. wraith are nice. they arent made uber. they are extremely strong, and pose as who they are. they are representative. the asurans dont represent themselves. they seem uber but arent
    Since they somehow took the Asurans ships by complete suprise, ok, the begining destruction makes sense, but after they raised the shields...started firing...They made the Aurora's super weak, which is wayyyy inconsistent with way they showed in earlier episodes. Now an Aurora is a Ha'tak (pre Annubis upgrades).

The Asurans are uber, T-1000's+ with uber building speed. Realistically by this time 3/4 of the Wraith must be destroyed and on the brink of extermination. In Mortal Coil, the Aurora's were spread across the galaxy=domination of the galaxy.

Realistically by the time the planet explodes: only 1-2 Hives should have survived. Traveller ships most should have destroyed. Earth ships: Both ships should have taken some damage for sure.

How come, darts and a 302's destroyed 1 Aurora? Do get serious.

Later on, we see a Wratih Cruiser firing on the Apollo (later episode). Imagine if that actually damages our shields even 1%? A 304 now should be able to take on 12-24 Wraith cruisers at once, 3-6 Hives. WTF is this massive inconsistency?

Comment

now that we see the full power of the asgard[exept an oneill] we have crowned the asgard the ulimate race. loose the damn ancients. if they were at war with the asgard, the asgard wouldve owned them. in those 10000 the asgard went past the ancients. still would love to see an earth ship with asgard beam weapons as railgun replacement and drones as missle replacement though...

Comment

Yeah, the Asgard would have owned the Ancients in war.

How truly powerful were the O'Neill class ships, now that I clearly seen the supremacy of Asgard weaponary and shields, the O'Neill should be able to own Hives, at least one-on-one against the No Mans Land Aurora, pre-upgraded Asgard tech.

Which means that very likely the O'Neill survived the Ori fleet (Flesh and Blood) and went back to Orilla with info to destroy the Ori ships.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

How truly powerful were the O'Neill class ships, now that I clearly seen the supremacy of Asgard weaponary and shields, the O'Neill should be able to own Hives, at least one-on-one against the No Mans Land Aurora, pre-upgraded Asgard tech.

Which means that very likely the O'Neill survived the Ori fleet (Flesh and Blood) and went back to Orilla with info to destroy the Ori ships.
          yep my thoughts exactly, the threat of the Ori caused the Asgard to push themselves to the limit imo and that limit is very high.

Comment

now that we see the full power of the asgard[exept an oneill] we have crowned the asgard the ulimate race. loose the damn ancients. if they were at war with the asgard, the asgard wouldve owned them. in those 10000 the asgard went past the ancients. still would love to see an earth ship with asgard beam weapons as railgun replacement and drones as missle replacement though...
            Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post

Please re-watch the scene in which the Apollo and Daedalus ambush an Aurora... it takes eight or nine shots for that ship to go down, versus the three it took to destroy the much-larger Ori warships.

Also, the Asgard would probably still get destroyed by the Ancients had the Ancients never been wiped out... given that they would both be constantly advancing, the Ancients of the modern day would completely obliterate the Asgard of the modern day. But I admit, the latest in Asgard tech is a match for the latest of Lantean (latest being 10,000 years outdated) tech.

Still, so many plotholes... The Asurans knew the allied fleet was headed their way... and yet our railguns were able to begin doing major damage immediately? What happened to shields??? If the Asurans knew we were comign (which they must've, having pulled their fleet back), why not raise shields? And why no drones? Or jumpers?
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Guys that was probably a ruse and there is a substantially number of replicators (wier is evidence of that) in another location with the whole universe thinking they're dead. This isn't that different from what the asgard did.

I'm sure the wraith are real excited about tangling with a 304 now. I wonder what strategies they'll use to avoid falling prey to the dedy hunting them down like they did the auroras.

Comment

it was wrong to pose the asurans as so uber. wraith are nice. they arent made uber. they are extremely strong, and pose as who they are. they are representative. the asurans dont represent themselves. they seem uber but arent
                That is, my friend, forgetting that the Wraith suffered from the same problem, but have been beaten by the Asurans in the nerfing department by several heads and their Aurorags.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I disagree, the Asgard would have owned the Ancients in war. The Asgard were also under constan threat of destruction from the MW Replicators, a far deadlier and superior enemy than the Wraith.

If they stopped firing at about 3 beams that Aurora would have been destroyed, but they kept firing to ensure (after all it was their first kill, safe then sorry).

At the battle: Daedalus or the Apollo, first shot hit the front of the Aurora, second shot the middle and it completely destroyed it. Sure a Hive was near it, but it was taking titanic amount of damage, Earth ship came to its rescue and so easily destroyed the Aurora.

I think you should go rewatch the episode S09119.

Earth now has the most powerful ships in the known universe.

What this shows, aside from the ease of destroyiing Auroras (only Earth ships should have been able to do that):

The Hives are relegated to Ha'tak status, while Earth ship are close to Ori.

In the end: Asgard beams to rule them all.
                  Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 05 January 2008, 07:19 AM.

Comment

I reall hope the next enemy attacks us with mobile fortified planets, otherwise they stand no chance.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

ok ive seen bamsr and i know the answer. the repli ships were there. but they had less than a few minutes to get the ships go. they would have to beam over all kinds of people with the gene to get them going. it was too much in a way to short timeframe. also the repli ships dont seem to have shields active most of the time. am i smelling underestimation by the asurans? or did they figure that our weapons cut through their shields and ships so easily that they simply put it to their weapons. all in all, i wouldve loved to see more ship battle and less bla bla, and much less mckay in the core room and much more of the battle. also, since when can 2 drones destroy an aurora? even better, since when can darts cut through aurora shields? since when are aurora's almost shieldless? since when do asurans underestimate us so badly? since when are aurora's so fragile? a single beam from a 304 cut an aurora in half. each hit destroyed an aurora even more. there was nothing left. at all. also since when do asurans use aurora's only? and why dont they go for survival? a single ship going to an uninhabited planet and settle there would be nice. my idea for the end of te asurans would be blow up their home, and all they would have to care about is the remaining ships. when i saw the eppy i was like a kid in a massive toy and candy store, with a limitless creditcard. i loved the eppy. but i think that the asurans were pictured as too strong in progeny
                      Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                      Please re-watch the scene in which the Apollo and Daedalus ambush an Aurora... it takes eight or nine shots for that ship to go down, versus the three it took to destroy the much-larger Ori warships.

Also, the Asgard would probably still get destroyed by the Ancients had the Ancients never been wiped out... given that they would both be constantly advancing, the Ancients of the modern day would completely obliterate the Asgard of the modern day. But I admit, the latest in Asgard tech is a match for the latest of Lantean (latest being 10,000 years outdated) tech.

Still, so many plotholes... The Asurans knew the allied fleet was headed their way... and yet our railguns were able to begin doing major damage immediately? What happened to shields??? If the Asurans knew we were comign (which they must've, having pulled their fleet back), why not raise shields? And why no drones? Or jumpers?
                      I agree. At first, I didn't even see any shields on the Auroras but on the second airing, I noticed that the shields were there but didn't last long.

It was an amazing battle sequence but the Asurans were too easy to defeat. I figured that those other puddle jumper red warships were already destroyed is why the Asurans were only using the Auroras or those ships escaped off since they could only track Aurora class ships. I can't believe that the Asurans only had 37 ships (According to Carter) but I guess that the writers just dumbed down the Asuran ships in order to allow the good guys to win.

Vala,

Comment

it's funny to see how TPTB create superpowerful races and later these races act as a group of morons
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

I have argued that the Asgard are more advanced than the ancients for along time, however this episode put the ancients down to the level of an insult. The replicator fleet was pathetic, i mean the first attack. Fair enough, two upgraded deadalus classes agaisnt a lone unprepared aurora class just out of hyperspace. That was fine. I would even say an aurora wouldnt be able to take out an upgraded deady in usual battle.

But yes the replicator ships were pathetic. The lack of drones, that makes thier weakness a little more credible, if they had drones which we now know they do not nor ever had access to drones they only ever had DEW of some kind. Perhaps the Ancient did not include drone technology in thier makeup or simply the ability to manufacture drones is not available anymore.

But i agree the replicators were far too weak in this episode.
                          sigpic
                          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                          Stargate : Genesis |
                          Original Starship DesignThread
                          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                          11000! green me

Comment

While I don't mind the plotholes that much, all TPTB would have had to do was show 2 or 3 hives getting whipped out by drones and the ground team make some kind of failed attempt at getting a ZPM, then so many of these questions/issues wouldn't be here.

Comment

The first Aurora came out of hyperspace, no shields up yet, 2 shots the ships was on total fire (would have blown up in time), they destroyed it utterly with 6 shots.

The upgraded Daedalus class should be able to easily take out Auroras. I would say at most 1 Daedalus = 2-3 Aurora's.

There has been massive underestimating of Asgard lasers, after they destroyed the invincible Ori ships, there should not have been.

I agree, if they showed 3-4 Hives getting blown up, more realistic.

They did show the Aurora's firing drones at Hives (it is hard to spot, but it is there in the battle).

Comment

Well, I don't know if you guys noticed but there were quite a few aurora class vessels in the background that were sniping with drones. Then there was some that weren't doing anything at all. Also the number of ships on both sides destroyed was kind of low.

Comment

Working...
                                X