Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    the impacts were far to small to be nuclear explosions, the missiles just went splat on the shields. In comparison to the size of the explosion in no man's land to the explosions that the nuke missiles made on the ori shields pretty much confirms that the nuke must actually impact the designated target to detonate rather than detonate when in proximity or when obstructed by something else.
    If im following you correctly then your refering to when we lanched nukes at apophis's ships.
    There's been a debate about that before which ended in stale mate cause there was evidence for both conclusions.
    But im still of the opinion that it was the fx that messed up since dialoge in the ep clearly demonstrated they went nuclear due to the communications blackout caused by the emp effects.
    Either way goauld shields can still withstand nuclear blasts as demonstrated by the pre-mentioned point regarding anubis and his plan to vapourise the city beneath him with his shields at only 40% effectiveness.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzwing View Post
      How will the Wraith know where the Aurora's are going to come out of hyperspace?? I don't think they the Aurora trackning device that Atlantis had.
      The Ancients did send their ships into deep wraith space presumably for recon missions-besides it was a hundred year long war so a handfull of ZPMs would not be so especially hard to get hold of. The Wraith could have tortured Lantian crew's for info on fleet deployments etc etc etc

Comment

Ancient shields on the Aurora's with 1 ZPM cannot be like the bizzaro one's in Atlantis, otherwise the Wraith would never have captured 1, let alone 3 of them.

Why? Shields would take at least 1 hour to drain (facing 12+ Hives), but this time the ship would have entered hyperspace to escape at the very least.

Atlantis shields is a plot hole, same goes for Asuran satellite shields, same goes for what happend to Odyssey's shields in AoT.

All 3 cases are plot holes.

Comment

Could be explained by saying the Aurora's shields are not as efficient so the shield power drains more quickly-dont forget that Atlantis is huge and requires a lot of power to create a shield that size let alone such a powerful one

Comment

Atlantis's shields are already noted as special it doesnt seem to drain energy into a buffer but draw directly from a ZPM. Why they dont have this on ships is more the plot hole, but maybe the reasources to do that is so extreme that its only worth it for special cases. In this case i believe the shield depletes linearly. I calculated earlier that if a single hive attacked atlantis with one ZPM it could last for around 30-40 days before the ZPM depletes, put that on a smaller Aurora and we could be looking at possibly several months against a single hive, and weeks with a dozen hives.
            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Rodney Said that a ZPM would power Atlantis's shield for 1-2 days before failing-the Aurora would last less up against 10 hives-Generally I agree, ZPMs for special missions

Comment

I disagree the plot hole is Atlantis shield strength = it is way too fake, another plot hole is Asuran satellite shield strength, shield strenght of Odyssey in AoT.

What would have been more realistic: Atlantis sheild strength is much less, but still much greater than say the Odyssey with ZPM, Ori ships. By a factor of say 5-10 times.

And the Aurora's with ZPM would approach or be equal to the Odyssey or Ori ships in shield strength.

Now those 2 scenario's would be realistic.

Comment

I agree completely on the Ships but Atlantis is a Manhatton sized ship so it would carry uber strong shields capable of withstanding tons of punishment. It may be too powerfull but it is conditional as it requires a ZPM to operate which the team don't find very often

Comment

Working...
                  X