Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angry at Weakness of Replictor Ships and tech plot holes (Spoilers for BAMSR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory: Weir's plan included the destruction of the replicators, so her movement disabled the replicator ships.

There is no 100% way of knowing wether or not a Repicator Aurora is as powerful as a real aurora, but judjing from BAMSR it is waaay weaker. (the Travelers ship didn't get destroyed)

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Please re-watch the scene in which the Apollo and Daedalus ambush an Aurora... it takes eight or nine shots for that ship to go down, versus the three it took to destroy the much-larger Ori warships.

Also, the Asgard would probably still get destroyed by the Ancients had the Ancients never been wiped out... given that they would both be constantly advancing, the Ancients of the modern day would completely obliterate the Asgard of the modern day. But I admit, the latest in Asgard tech is a match for the latest of Lantean (latest being 10,000 years outdated) tech.
      The first Ori ship destroyed in 'Unending' was hit right in it's engines causing a massive explosion, that's why it only took three shots. The Aurora in BAMSR was basically shredded to bits before any secondary explosions could take place, I agree with JSPuddlejumper, two shots would've probably done the job.

I'm not so sure the ancients would've beaten the Asgard even if they weren't wiped out. Ancient technology took a hell of a long time to get to it's current stage, being stagnant for what looks like millions of years, I'm not so sure 10,000 years would make a difference when they progressed so slowly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
        Theory: Weir's plan included the destruction of the replicators, so her movement disabled the replicator ships.

There is no 100% way of knowing wether or not a Repicator Aurora is as powerful as a real aurora, but judjing from BAMSR it is waaay weaker. (the Travelers ship didn't get destroyed)
        i was wondering about the travelers ship, it fired drones but apparently some blew up before reaching the target and those few drones left utterly destroyed the aurora ship...

other then that we now know that earth has ships that can kill a aurora ship in 2-4 hits, the only reason it took 8 times the first time was that we wanted to make sure it was disintegrated.
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Overall, this episode is the best SGA episode, better than any SG episode I would say.

Traveler ships were the weakest and smallest target, so the Replicators last priority. Still 1 Traveler ship got destroyed.

Correct that only 1 Hive destroyed, but 3-4 should have been.

Apollo, "don't know how much more our shields can withstand this", "transfer power from beam weapons".

Assuming complete surprise, and taking only "1 minute" as McKay said, then if 3-4 Hives got toasted, it would be realistic.

Scenario:

Replicators primarily targeting Hives (it is their directive and they are the largest target by far), 3 destroyed eventually, then they figure the firepower of Earth ships, concentrate on them. Traveler ships not a major target. If the battle really lasted only just over 1 minute, yeah then the casulaties are more realistic.

3 Hives, 1 Traveler ship. Earth ships could not be destroyed in around 1 minute, we go the best shields.

They should have shown Hives being blown up and Earth ships taking out more Aurora's (playing safety for other ships).

But there is no way that darts and 302's could take out a Aurora with shields on. I guess we can assume the Aurora was heavily damaged before hand. Otherwise it is completely bogus.
          Last edited by JSPuddlejumper; 05 January 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

stupid theorie
            all aurora have a subspace link, which keeps the shields strong. so whne those 7 aurora's got destroyed their shields dropped to very low levels

Comment

atually after reading the weir part something hit me. weir had a tremendous control over her replicater side. so what if she managed to weaken the asurans by lessening their strength.

if any ancient colony survived, they wouldve made their production of drones and zpm's more efficient, they wouldnt have invented much more

Comment

One point, watch the final jump sequence away. only 3 or 4 hive ships survived.

one of them due to the daedulas blocking drone fire for them.

Comment

Why is it all ships use seperate hyperspace windows now? What ever happened to multiple ships using the same window?

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                    Why is it all ships use seperate hyperspace windows now? What ever happened to multiple ships using the same window?
                    And how all groups flights point to different directions. At least, we can say that they can make circles while in hyperspace.
                    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      While I don't mind the plotholes that much, all TPTB would have had to do was show 2 or 3 hives getting whipped out by drones and the ground team make some kind of failed attempt at getting a ZPM, then so many of these questions/issues wouldn't be here.
                      Woah dude!! The thinking you're asking for! ARE YOU CRAZY??!?
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

I agree with what you all have to say, but the asurans arent destroyed, you forgot about the lantean cruisers. The warships all got destroyed but not the cruisers.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSullivan View Post
                          I agree with what you all have to say, but the asurans arent destroyed, you forgot about the lantean cruisers. The warships all got destroyed but not the cruisers.
                          They did say it looked asif all the Asurans were drawing back to the planet, so I think it's more than likely those cruisers were on the planet.

Comment

I agree, and the Asurans should have put up a much more dificult fight. The first few kills were understandable, they were caught off guard but after shields been raised they should have stacked up the kill count. It looked like either they didnt use drones or all ships that had shields were immune, and they didn't up their energy weapons yeild. still i dont think they should have done so poorly, but if any consolation there were atleast 20 ships when the nanites started to get sucked back into the city.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

off-topic: why were none of the travelers surprised at ronon's gun

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
                                One point, watch the final jump sequence away. only 3 or 4 hive ships survived.

one of them due to the daedulas blocking drone fire for them.
                                Actually, if you watch it, 6 hives survive and escape to hyperspace.

Comment

Working...
                                X