Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use there supergate against them tell them we want a battle somewhere near a sun dial the dial from pegasus and leave the blackhole long enough to have an efect on the gate then get every ship we can get them to tow in to wherever the ori are come out of hyperspace and throw it into the sun make the ori chace you for little while wait till the last minute then jump into hyperspace boom no more ori fleet

Continuing Stargate Virtual Fleet Link Below

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63923

Comment

Originally posted by LtHawk View Post
      To put a Shield on something that large would require a ZPM like power source. The Supergate is huge, and the resulting "kwoosh" would drain so much power from the shield its not even funny. Look at atlantis, they didnt start activating the shield during a incoming dial until they had a ZPM, why? because they didnt want to drain what power they had blocking the backwash of the event horizon. Its a great idea, but wrong in so many ways. It would hurt the story line and any resulting arcs from the supergate. Plus Humans just dont have that kind of power to play with.
      You got that totally wrong buddy, they used the shield many times before they got a zpm, one example is in "the storm", the morons controlling the gate room had the shield activated until they got the false distress radio call, then lowered it. Then, in "the eye" shepperd activated the shield killing 50 or so of the incoming genii.

Comment

Yeah the stargate shield doesn't require much power to operate (and it's even possible that it may draw power from the incoming wormhole to power itself, in case of a power failure in Atlantis, who knows ?).
        Anyway, placing anything on the Supergate would be useless until we can figure a way to destroy Ori ships other than with the Ody only, only then we "could" be able to place something and destroy Ori ships as they come till we're done.

Comment

what gets me is that when carter landed on the ori gate, she just took off a panel with ease where before it mentioned in camelot that the combined power of hataks and a asgard one couldnt even destroy it, i would of expected scraps of panels of other materials fly off...

and if she could take off a panel like that why not lay a load of charges through it and blow the insides of the segments that way the ori ring wouldnt activate
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
            what gets me is that when carter landed on the ori gate, she just took off a panel with ease where before it mentioned in camelot that the combined power of hataks and a asgard one couldnt even destroy it, i would of expected scraps of panels of other materials fly off...

and if she could take off a panel like that why not lay a load of charges through it and blow the insides of the segments that way the ori ring wouldnt activate
            plooooot holes.lol

Comment

Or not. If the supergate is made of elements that absorb energy (very likely since it's supposed to be a giant stargate), firing at it with energy weapons (Asgard/Goa'uld ships = energy weaps) will not destroy it, or even scratch it, they will just charge up and the energy will dissipate (or explode, but to make that BIG gate explode that would take a lot I think). Carte simply pulled the panel with her hands, she didn't shoot at it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                Or not. If the supergate is made of elements that absorb energy (very likely since it's supposed to be a giant stargate), firing at it with energy weapons (Asgard/Goa'uld ships = energy weaps) will not destroy it, or even scratch it, they will just charge up and the energy will dissipate (or explode, but to make that BIG gate explode that would take a lot I think). Carte simply pulled the panel with her hands, she didn't shoot at it or something.
                but that sort of weapons inpact should of shocked out alot of panels around the gate and the heat from the energy weapons would of atleast fried the systems or crystals on the segments.

anyway wouldnt it be better to tow the supergate(would take alot of ships) to like a moon or a planet and somehow hurl into the ground so that it lays flat and nuke the place that will somehow bury it with earth and soil
                sigpic

Comment

Why would the circuits fry ? They are designed to manage HUGE amounts of power . (as it would need to power a wormhole from MW to Ori galaxy with that size a gate)

As for towing it, no freaking clue lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Alendra View Post
                    Why would the circuits fry ? They are designed to manage HUGE amounts of power . (as it would need to power a wormhole from MW to Ori galaxy with that size a gate)

As for towing it, no freaking clue lol.
                    sorry i ment something like melt from the heat like burning plastic or whatever its made of.

and towing it should be quite differcult i know but its not as towing a giant asteroid through a planet in a cargo is it?
                    sigpic

Comment

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that the part that carter worked on was the only segment with a control crystal compartment, so really it could've just been a case of the energy weapons not hitting that part.

Comment

Wuldnt parking a ship or an asteroid in the middle be the equivilant of burying a gate? Unless supergates are different than littlegates. Not to mention the ori could overwrite the saftey cuz they dont care if something gets cut in half.....

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Wuldnt parking a ship or an asteroid in the middle be the equivilant of burying a gate? Unless supergates are different than littlegates. Not to mention the ori could overwrite the saftey cuz they dont care if something gets cut in half.....
                          i think the covering has to be a certain size, and you could just have ashield generator make a hiled around the gate's inner suface so the wormhole couln't form in the first place. like a cover stone. the reason the SGC and Atlantis have irises(or forcefileds) is so teams can transmit IDCs.

Comment

I agree with Chicer, I think whatever you put in the middle would have to cover the entire area of the inner part of the supergate, hard to find an asteroid the exact right size .

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                              I agree with Chicer, I think whatever you put in the middle would have to cover the entire area of the inner part of the supergate, hard to find an asteroid the exact right size .

or we could just use a shield like i proposed

Comment

Here is an idea get a big meteor and through it at the supergate. If it is being powered by a black hole then the gravity could be used an accelerator. If the object is bigger than the gate and traveling fast enough it just might be enough force to disrupt the gate.

Comment

Working...
                                X