This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtHawk View Post
    I wasnt referring to using the shield overall, i was referring to having the shield activated before/during the initial activation of the stargate. I know they used the shield frequently, but if you watch, really watch when they use the gate its not until they have a zpm that they start activating the shield before there is a incoming wormhole, its been done in a few episodes. give me the weekend and ill come us with examples.
    I see, perhaps that is only a coincidence, perhaps the unstable vortex draws a lot of power from the gate-shield and obviously nothing can come through at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by LtHawk View Post
      I wasnt referring to using the shield overall, i was referring to having the shield activated before/during the initial activation of the stargate. I know they used the shield frequently, but if you watch, really watch when they use the gate its not until they have a zpm that they start activating the shield before there is a incoming wormhole, its been done in a few episodes. give me the weekend and ill come us with examples.
      Even if you're right (that I'm not sure of) I don't see the problem here. OK let them activate the supergate, let the unstable vortex kawoosh and then an automatic mechanism raises the shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
        Even if you're right (that I'm not sure of) I don't see the problem here. OK let them activate the supergate, let the unstable vortex kawoosh and then an automatic mechanism raises the shield.
        Yeah that could work.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
          To work out the only kink in your plan, a one way shield with the "hard side" facing the event horizon. The "inside" part would be directed out ward, so weapon's fire would pass through into the event horizon without really draining energy.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Well there are 3 things.

(1) The EH forms from the outside-in (as shown by the supergate's operation). So any ship parked in the center would not stop the initial EH formation. You need to obstruct the edges to prevent it.

(2) Even preventing part of the EH from forming is not enough. Most stargates are half-buried in the ground. Yet they still form active wormholes. You need to obstruct enough area that a ship can't go through.

(3) Even given that, you can't obstruct part of the EH where the unstable vortex forms, or you would be destroyed if you failed. You need to obstruct the entire center area.

So I doubt even parking a ship in the center would work.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
              To work out the only kink in your plan, a one way shield with the "hard side" facing the event horizon. The "inside" part would be directed out ward, so weapon's fire would pass through into the event horizon without really draining energy.
              yp sounds good, the only problem is shiend generators, cloak them?

Comment

Working...
              X