Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the phoenix is a New Earth class ship. Maybe one using new Asgard/ancient technologies from what we have gathered after Unending and from Atlantis its self.

If not then maybe we can find an old and new Ancient/nox/furling ship.

However i doudt it would be any of them or a Traveller ship as why would another race name a ship after the Earth based myth phoenix? Unless its a galactic myth or real Animal like the Dragon turned out to be?

OR if none of the above: To match its name of The "phoenix" it should be a giant flamethrower but in space ship. However thinking about the myth of the phoenix and how its reborn from its own ashes it could be a fitting Replicator ship! Maybe a ship made from nantie replicator cells. meaning it can change its form bepending on the situation, have a mind of its own and reheal (like the myth) when it gets shot.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
      The only 2 reasons it was able to destroy an Ori ship was it had a ZPM to boost the shield. While the weapons were ablke to get throyugh the Ori shields.

Therefore the instant way to render it useless & ineffective is to say the Asgard specifically designed it for use solely on Ori shields. Goa'uld, Asuran shields are all different, so the weapons is not as effective. It's really that easy! However the boys over at Bridge have shown that they don't really go in for the smart writing thing too often.

When looking at the pics of old Rodney. Then the name of the ep. I think Rodney may be the last man himself & comes back from the future with an uber advanced ship named 'Phoenix' to put them onto a different path before they get destroyed by the Wraith or Asurans. Think the exact same as the last 2 eps of Star Trek: Voyager (Endgame). I hoipe I'm way off, but for some reason after looking at those pics, I keep getting that feeling that's how it's all gonna pan out.
      Ok, this is a tribute to both the makup artist and my own dumassity but I saw the pics on the blog a while back without reading anything and thought that he was just some old guy working on the production of the show! DUUUUUHHH...
      sigpic

Comment

Definatly a daedalus class, most things are usually engineered for like 30years+

Theres no reason atm to phase it out we just got a ton of asgard stuff for it too. Itsof a decent size, good firepower (imo) could do witht he new energy upgrades sooner rather then later.

Would be interesting to see how they do against asuran/wraith ships.

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Your not the only one, while Unending technology is desirable, i disagree with it, in fact completely disregard it as Canon technology, at least in relation to the fleets. Would i have prefered us not to get the technolgoy the Asgard is usecd vanish for no reason. Of course not, but i would have prefered the asgard to have simply intervened and i wrote that storyline in the first fleet. If unending technology was used agaisnt the wraith i worked out that the Wraith would be destroyed entirely by our current fleet of 3 deadalus class ships all upgraded in 6 hours battle time.
          Im sorry but the wraith were toast long before Unending. Merlin's technology basically renders the wraith's jamming moot.

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
            Im sorry but the wraith were toast long before Unending. Merlin's technology basically renders the wraith's jamming moot.
            Apart from the fact that we can't duplicate Merlin's phase tech, assuming this is the tech you are referring to.

The only way Merlin's PS tech would be useful against the Wraith is to strap it to a missile and have it rephase in the middle of the ship. Doing this requires that:
            1. We are able to duplicate the technology cheaply enough to apply it to missiles. Being able to modify it to use a different power source is a long long way away from being able to duplicate the technology from scratch.
            2. That we can ensure that the missile doesn't rephase where the detonator would be separated from the warhead, resulting in possibly no boom.
            3. We can ensure that if something does go wrong and the missile doesn't explode, that the technology won't survive so they can study and reverse engineer it.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
              Apart from the fact that we can't duplicate Merlin's phase tech, assuming this is the tech you are referring to.

The only way Merlin's PS tech would be useful against the Wraith is to strap it to a missile and have it rephase in the middle of the ship. Doing this requires that:
              1. We are able to duplicate the technology cheaply enough to apply it to missiles. Being able to modify it to use a different power source is a long long way away from being able to duplicate the technology from scratch.
              2. That we can ensure that the missile doesn't rephase where the detonator would be separated from the warhead, resulting in possibly no boom.
              3. We can ensure that if something does go wrong and the missile doesn't explode, that the technology won't survive so they can study and reverse engineer it.
              Actually we can duplicate it from Unending. Not only that but the single device alone is extremely powerful when hooked up to the Apollo or Daedalus because it's like a Puddle Jumper's cloak only you can't be hit.

Comment

The pheonix will be the ancient ship "destroyed" by the wraith, salvaged and repaired. "the pheonix".

Comment

A new ship that incorporates more Asgard tech or is of Asgard origin. Maybe it is the Lantean battleship that the Travelers possess or they finally retrieved the Tria.
                  sigpic

Comment

or maybe a daedalus class ship? (MAYBE) JM Blog... read todays

Comment

Yeah, I agree. I think it will be the first Daedalus class ship to have the Asgard legacy specially built in and fully integrated. The name would certainly be fitting.

Comment

You can see a bit of the ship's profile in this pic from Joe's blog today:

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01686.JPG

Comment

COuld be Colonel Carter ship? that everyone is on about, coz we see Amanda Tapping on the set

Comment

Nice!

Definatly different than a daedalus class ship.

First came the prometheus. (season 6 sg1)

The prometheus got upgrades. (season 8 sg1)

Then when it was all built into the ship, it was upgraded to a daedalus class. (SGA season 2)

Then the daedalus class got upgrades. (season 10 finale)

Then maybe the new ship with the upgrades will be the phoenix.

Mckay is old, so he maybe from the future with the ship to change the past or he had the life drained out of him from the wraith.
                            Visit my Website

Comment

Well i may have been wrong, it looks like a new class of Earth warship indee,d but Tapping said we dont see any mention of the unending upgrades in S4 or the movies in her latest interview on GW?
                              But this ship is clearly different, new bridge, a pod of some, new hanger bays.. a whole new ship, actually looks like one ive seen in the OSDT..
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by technoextreme View Post
                                Actually we can duplicate it from Unending. Not only that but the single device alone is extremely powerful when hooked up to the Apollo or Daedalus because it's like a Puddle Jumper's cloak only you can't be hit.
                                IIRC, Unending never happened, therefore we do not know if we actually can duplicate it now.
                                I'm going to have to rewatch the ep cos' I thought she couldn't get it working.

And it looks like the Feenicks is a 304.

Check out this pic and look at the status display at the back.

Comment

Working...
                                X