This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    Commander Larrin's people are attempting to create an interface that will allow them to use the advanced Lantean technology, and require a sample of John's blood. But that is only the beginning: they have a Lantean battleship. The massive vessel has been dormant for thousands of years, and Larrin wants Colonel Sheppard to make it work.

That seems to imply that it is indeed an Aurora class ship, though Aurora were classed as a cruiser at one point i think, so a Battleship could be something entirely different. Also if you want my opinion on the name. Phoenix sounds like a name that would be used. The travellers are scavanger, from the flames of a war with the wraith a being(ship) emerges from the ashes. The symbolism of the pheonix works well in the context of how the ship is discovered/obtained.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i think it'll be an Earth ship, the phoenix is a mythological creature and all of Earth's ships are named after mythological beings.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
        i think it'll be an Earth ship, the phoenix is a mythological creature and all of Earth's ships are named after mythological beings.
        Except the Korelov.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          Except the Korelov.
          Yeah well the Russians named that one .

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
            Interseting, maybe the whole premise of the last episode "last man standing" is that an aged Rodney (don't know where this came from) comes from the future in a modified Ancient ship they found god knows where 10 years from now, Rodney installed a time travel device (Mobieus or Unending) and came back to warn them about something.

Make that something a new enemy, say a group of rouge Ancients that were in stasis on an Ancient Prison asteroid.

Make it even better, make them the "assencion gone wrong" group. Not Anubis and not Ori, but something just before Asscension but pure evil. Think Adria but hell bent on wiping out all life in the Universe.
            they wont bring in any more new races. Sorry. I think it will be some kind of Earth or Lantean made time ship.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Yes but the Orion is a constellation and mytholgical greek figure, and we named a ship an ancient ship Orion. We named the Aurora which is a constellation named afte the greek goddess of dawn. I think its entirely plausable that the pheonix runs in the same thread. Note that Ancient ships have been named after famous beings or gods or star constellations while our ships are notible humans in mythology. I believe Korelev also falls in to the same thread. Sergey Korolyov, was a famous Soviet rocket engineer during the space race. The oddesey was about an epic journey through the Aegean and Deadalus was obsessed with reaching the heavens and promethius came from the heavens and gave fire (technology) to man and apollo was the sun god who drove a chariot of fire(representing light/hope/warmth/technology/power) through the sky. All of the names for starships in the SG universe are symbolic, i wrote a mini essay on this a while back but there is a naming protocol that exists and the Phoenix fits with it.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post

That seems to imply that it is indeed an Aurora class ship, though Aurora were classed as a cruiser at one point i think, so a Battleship could be something entirely different. Also if you want my opinion on the name. Phoenix sounds like a name that would be used. The travellers are scavanger, from the flames of a war with the wraith a being(ship) emerges from the ashes. The symbolism of the pheonix works well in the context of how the ship is discovered/obtained.

Yeah, but the Aurora was salvaged from the base of a volcano and had to fly through lava to be recommisioned. I would think this would be better serving the name "phoenix".

When I hear a ship named phoenix in the SG universe, it just makes me think it is something either extremly powerful, or some ship that is far far advanced than the Aurora class ships.

I know some people think they won't bring in any new races, but the Genii are all but gone (and a boring story line too), Michael is so far out there that they seldom mention him, the wraith seem non-existent right now, the Asurans seem oddly quiet, the travellers will be new. There needs to be something to shake things up once in a while, a new race would be cool, even if they are allies (which we need) as Atlantis will probably be a sitting duck for a while until Rodney fixes the "leaks".

Comment

Actually the Aurora was the origional ships, the Orion was the lava pit and it was only named when it was "hunting" the Hives which attacked the deadalus. Therefore its still aptly named.
                  In the fleets the Phenoix battlegroup was the fleet defending the region of space around atlantis/Lantia. It ws the largest fleet and was made possible through the "rebirth" of the Asgard civilzation and it allience and stance toward military allience with the Tauri after the Asgard were attacked directly by the Wraith (destroying a vital piece of clone research)..so yeah pheonix shoudl be uber but it can also be symbolic.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

I'm hoping Phoenix is some new badass earth ship packed like Odyssey was. Granted, I'd like to see ships all the way up to the 82694, but I'll settle for a 304
                    The Asgard weaponry is just what the Pegasus expedition needs.
                    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                      I'm hoping Phoenix is some new badass earth ship packed like Odyssey was. Granted, I'd like to see ships all the way up to the 82694, but I'll settle for a 304
                      The Asgard weaponry is just what the Pegasus expedition needs.
                      Seems I'm one of the few who wouldn't like to see the pegasus ships get the upgrades. With a ship that can take out Ori ships the wraith would be a breeze and I don't see the Asurans fairing any better than the Ori ships.

Comment

Your not the only one, while Unending technology is desirable, i disagree with it, in fact completely disregard it as Canon technology, at least in relation to the fleets. Would i have prefered us not to get the technolgoy the Asgard is usecd vanish for no reason. Of course not, but i would have prefered the asgard to have simply intervened and i wrote that storyline in the first fleet. If unending technology was used agaisnt the wraith i worked out that the Wraith would be destroyed entirely by our current fleet of 3 deadalus class ships all upgraded in 6 hours battle time.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          Your not the only one, while Unending technology is desirable, i disagree with it, in fact completely disregard it as Canon technology, at least in relation to the fleets. Would i have prefered us not to get the technolgoy the Asgard is usecd vanish for no reason. Of course not, but i would have prefered the asgard to have simply intervened and i wrote that storyline in the first fleet. If unending technology was used agaisnt the wraith i worked out that the Wraith would be destroyed entirely by our current fleet of 3 deadalus class ships all upgraded in 6 hours battle time.
                          All the wraith in 6 hours? Wow now that's perspective lol. The only way I can deal with the upgrades is to think that it'll take a long time for earth to reverse engineer it, especially the weapons. Also if something doesn't happen to the Oddy in the movies and with the milkway not having any enemies it leaves a plothole as to why earth wouldn't just send the Oddy to rip all the wraith apart.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post

Do you think this will be:
                            1. Another 304
                            2. A new design of Earth ship
                            3. Another ship we've captured (Hive, Asuran ship, MicroLight, etc)
                            4. Another City Ship
                            Whats a "Microlight?"

Comment

I'm guessing a smaller earth made craft that has a expermental time travel device.

Comment

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but look at this picture, to the left of the guy behind him is some kind of asgard console. Now the seat he's in appears to be the one from the bridge, so this could be the new ship that has an asgard console on the bridge.
                                http://bp1.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01633.JPG

Comment

Working...
                                X