X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
    one hit from DS would at least completely deplete the shield

and of course the shield would block & hold much longer against the bioguns (unless the bioships formed the planet-killer beam)

unfortunately we're unlikely to see this onscreen (Stargate Trek, duh)
    i don't know, but the shield could probably hold against a shot if it had a sufficant powersource...

eventually species 8472 would defeat the ori...and the planet killer would destroy it in about 10 seconds
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      i don't know, but the shield could probably hold against a shot if it had a sufficant powersource...

eventually species 8472 would defeat the ori...and the planet killer would destroy it in about 10 seconds
      nah the earrings wouldn't give the bioships time to regroup & form the planet-killer - they've got strong secondary guns too

so 8472 might still defeat the ori army but only through numbers (like wraith vs. ancients) 'cause as I remember there were a crapload of bioships pouring out the singularity in Scorpion...

btw where's that green for the drones vs. ancient shield bet ? I thought you'd conceded you lost
      (unless you're waiting for the drone vs. ori ship but we may never get to see this)

Comment

nah the earrings wouldn't give the bioships time to regroup & form the planet-killer - they've got strong secondary guns too

so 8472 might still defeat the ori army but only through numbers (like wraith vs. ancients) 'cause as I remember there were a crapload of bioships pouring out the singularity in Scorpion...

btw where's that green for the drones vs. ancient shield bet ? I thought you'd conceded you lost
        (unless you're waiting for the drone vs. ori ship but we may never get to see this)
        8472 would run circles around the Ori ships, they're impervious to any known conventional weaponary so i reckon they'd be able to get a few planet killers up and running...

and yes they would out number the ori, like thousands to one

i was waiting till we actually saw Drones vs Ori shields lol, seeing as things tend change episode to episode...but i'll give it to you now and if in the unlikely event we see drones passing through ori shields i expect to be compensated

edit: i would green you, but i need to spread it IOU
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

8472 would run circles around the Ori ships, they're impervious to any known conventional weaponary so i reckon they'd be able to get a few planet killers up and running...
          correction - they're resistant to most weapons (a bit like the borg) but like all things they're still vulnerable to brute force ie. raw firepower (that's why borg disruptor beams could damage the bioships)
          and as we've seen the earrings' secondary weapons pack one helluva punch, a few shots can destroy a shielded hatak so I reckon it would quickly dispatch an unshielded bioship too

thing is 8472 will just keep sending in swarms of bioships so ultimately the ori army would still be pwned

Comment

Wait, the Borg's disruptor beams damaged the bioship? Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              don't remember one of the best eps ? shame :|

Scorpion part 1 - Voyager's first encounter with a bioship. part of the bioship's hull has dissolved into a disabled borg cube's hull (one of the 15 cubes Voyager encountered that was rushing to battle the bioships & got pwned)
              Voyager team beams onboard the cube & finds an entrance to the bioship. Tuvok analyzes a gaping hole in the bioship's hull with his tricorder & says : "This damage was caused by a borg disruptor beam"
              then he says the ship is regenerating from the damage

Comment

correction - they're resistant to most weapons (a bit like the borg) but like all things they're still vulnerable to brute force ie. raw firepower (that's why borg disruptor beams could damage the bioships)
                and as we've seen the earrings' secondary weapons pack one helluva punch, a few shots can destroy a shielded hatak so I reckon it would quickly dispatch an unshielded bioship too

thing is 8472 will just keep sending in swarms of bioships so ultimately the ori army would still be pwned
                yeah they are, but the most damage resistance ships seen in trek so i think they could resist the Ori weapons somewhat..

Their armor or shields or whatever it is is more than adequet to protect them from fleets of cubes so i think they could handle the secondary fire and even the main weapons or the Ori at least for a while...

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                the bio ship had taken some damage (though it didn't appear too serious) during the battle with 15 borg ships! and it trashed them all

Comment

Hey! Don't you dare accuse me of forgetting Trek episodes!

I thought as much; I remember them going aboard the bioship and Harry was attacked, but I haven't seen the ep for a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Hey! Don't you dare accuse me of forgetting Trek episodes!

I thought as much; I remember them going aboard the bioship and Harry was attacked, but I haven't seen the ep for a while now.
                    i have it on video , great episode...i think that had 2 of the best cliffhangers...

voyager - Scorpian seing the borg our greatest enemy getting spanked across the quadrant and the final scene being 8472 blowing up a planet!

Deep Space Nine - The beginning of the Dominion war, Deep Space captured

new question, which race do you think could beat species 8472???

Comment

yeah they are, but the most damage resistance ships seen in trek so i think they could resist the Ori weapons somewhat..
                      not really - maybe the weapons used against them weren't that strong (borg torpedos caused no damage apparently. disruptors caused some damage) and outside borg cubes we haven't seen any other ship firing at the bioships (save for Voyager using the special nanoprobes)

even the borg disruptor beams never seemed that powerful (Defiant took a hell of a beating even after losing shields, at the battle of sector 001) - only at the end of Voyager series (Endgame) did they appear to have upgraded their disruptors (the beams looked much brighter duh)

Their armor or shields or whatever it is is more than adequet to protect them from fleets of cubes so i think they could handle the secondary fire and even the main weapons or the Ori at least for a while...

the bio ship had taken some damage (though it didn't appear too serious) during the battle with 15 borg ships! and it trashed them all
                      actually we don't know how many bioships there were, only that one stayed behind. There were definitely more than one otherwise there wouldn't be a whole fleet of cubes rushing to fight just one lone ship. that would be illogical, and the borg ain't illogical :|

ori earring secondary guns pack some serious punch & would knock out 'em bioships colder than a wet mackerel

in fact they'd pwn many, many bioships before the bioguns finally depleted the ori shields (numbers, again)
                      the bioships would be like angry hornet on an elephant (armed with a fly swat) - he'd swat many of them but more would keep coming in & ultimately he would fall
                      Last edited by SoulReaver; 09 December 2006, 03:01 PM.

Comment

not really - maybe the weapons used against them weren't that strong (borg torpedos caused no damage apparently. disruptors caused some damage) and outside borg cubes we haven't seen any other ship firing at the bioships (save for Voyager using the special nanoprobes)
                        Borg weapons are actually really strong...you've seen first contact the Borg cubes destroys entire ships with single torpedos, borg weapons are second only to 8472 in the 24th century anyway...

actually we don't know how many bioships there were, only that one stayed behind. There were definitely more than one otherwise there wouldn't be a whole fleet of cubes rushing to fight just one lone ship. that would be illogical, and the borg ain't illogical :|

ori earring secondary guns pack some serious punch & would knock out 'em bioships colder than a wet mackerel
                        yeah i guess you're right their were probably more bio ships...the secondary guns do pack a punch but i think that bio ships would be able to dodge most of the shots due to being more manueverable and smaller and it could also take a fair few hits i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                          new question, which race do you think could beat species 8472???
                          none in the MW - except maybe the borg, depends if they finally manage to adapt to the bioguns or not

Comment

Borg weapons are actually really strong...you've seen first contact the Borg cubes destroys entire ships with single torpedos, borg weapons are second only to 8472 in the 24th century anyway...
                            edited my prev. post - I actually cited First Contact :|
                            borg weapons ain't that strong (I mean hey, Defiant was a tiny ship)

the ships we saw destroyed by the cube were already damaged (and shields down !) - it wasn't single shot kills, only the last of (probably many) shots

yeah i guess you're right their were probably more bio ships...the secondary guns do pack a punch but i think that bio ships would be able to dodge most of the shots due to being more manueverable and smaller and it could also take a fair few hits i think...
                            you've got a point

though there was one bioship that couldn't maneuver quickly enough to avoid colliding with the cube hehe...

Comment

none in the MW - except maybe the borg, depends if they finally manage to adapt to the bioguns or not
                              but like you said, even if they adapt they still can't completely block all that raw power...

what about in other sci fi shows?

Comment

but like you said, even if they adapt they still can't completely block all that raw power...
                                yup adapting only optimizes the way the shield defends against the weapon

if the borg adapt to the bioguns at least the bioguns will no longer punch through borg shields, and given the size of the borg cube (thus vast power source, most likely) it would take several bioships firing at it to overwhelm & deplete its shield

what about in other sci fi shows?
                                replicators (the MW ones) - maybe. they can quickly make more copies of themselves, possibly make many more ships, so they too have numbers going for them. now it depends if their shields can block the bioguns, in other words if they can adapt to the bioguns like they've adapted to (most) other energy weapons

Comment

Working...
                                X