Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should have put the Eclpise Super Star Destroyer, it also has a giant laser like the Ori ship.

Comment

Originally posted by RTHKI26 View Post
      Should have put the Eclpise Super Star Destroyer, it also has a giant laser like the Ori ship.
      Yeah, but the Eclipse's superlaser is roughly 2/3rds as powerful as the Death Star's, meaning it's capable of cracking the crust of a planet, if not worse. I don't see an Ori vessel's shields withstanding something like that, otherwise it's just way overpowered.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
        Yeah, but the Eclipse's superlaser is roughly 2/3rds as powerful as the Death Star's, meaning it's capable of cracking the crust of a planet, if not worse. I don't see an Ori vessel's shields withstanding something like that, otherwise it's just way overpowered.
        Well the Deadlus has powerful shields but went hit by a multiple of warith hives the Shield didn't last long.
        The Ori ship was hit by more then a mulitple of ships and the shields didn't seem to be effected by it. But the ori vessle is not invinceuble if the Eclpse hit it repdently the shields would go down but the Ori ship weapon might destroy it before that happens. Besides I wounder what else that Ori ship is capible of.
        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
        new enemy of the Ori
        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
          Well the Deadlus has powerful shields but went hit by a multiple of warith hives the Shield didn't last long.
          The Ori ship was hit by more then a mulitple of ships and the shields didn't seem to be effected by it. But the ori vessle is not invinceuble if the Eclpse hit it repdently the shields would go down but the Ori ship weapon might destroy it before that happens. Besides I wounder what else that Ori ship is capible of.
          As I already mentioned, the Eclipse's superlaser was capable of cracking the crust of a planet as it was 2/3rds as powerful as the Death Star, subjecting it to a slow death as the planet's molten core spilled out onto the surface, amongst other disasters. I don't see even an Ori battlecruiser's shielding withstanding a single direct hit, otherwise it'd be just way too ridiculously overpowered.

And I seriously doubt the Ori vessel's main beam cannon can take out the Eclipse before the latter vessel fires its main superlaser, considering the Eclipse is stated to be well over 17 km in length, perhaps even as long as 40 km since it was originally conceived to be twice the length of the Executor.

Comment

How about the Ori ships vs. the "Independence Day" Starships?

That I would LOVE to see!
            sigpic

Comment

The reason the numbers for the Star Destroyer's lasers are so high is because of a stupid comic book flick which had a Star Destroyer being able to melt the entire crust of a planet, rendering it uninhabitable and turning the surface into a molten hellhole. If this is what the Star Destroyers in the movie were capable of the Rebels may as well have given up then and there.

In 'reality' Star Destroyers and their Executor-class counterparts would not stand up to an Ori Ship. From what I've seen the Ori Ships can actually be quite maneuverable despite their huge size, they would run rings around the Imperial ships cutting huge chunks out of them in the process.

The Sovereign class would fair a bit better I suspect, they are quite maneuverable and would be good at dodging the Ori Ships' inaccurate 'Ownage Beam' as I've heard it being called Also, an uprated Sovereign class can fire a phaser beam totalling in a power of 100000 Terawatts. Someone said earlier on this thread that this would still only come to several kilotons of damage. Sorry, do the math. Assume the Sovereign fires over a period of 1 second, and use the fact that one megaton is equivalent to 4.35*10^15 Joules...

You get a tonnage of 23 megatons, and remember that's per second. If they fired the beam for 5 seconds you'd get 115 megatons. And that's just phasers. Quantum Torpedoes launched from the Sovereign's Rapid Fire Torp. Tube (5 torps a second). Taking into account the fact that your'e only getting half yield that's 85 megatons per torpedo. So if the Sovereign fired a phaser beam for 5 seconds and five quantums that would be...

540 megatons of explosive damage. Okay, it's not going to take down an Ori Warship, but added to its maneuverability its going to fair better than a Star Destroyer.
              Teal'c: Shoots wall
              Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Most starwars ships have sheilding as well as some fighters such as the ARC-170.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by kharaa View Post
                  No doubt in my mind here, the soverign, would by a safe margin win against the ori, while the defiant in my opinion would completely obliterate Ori fleets, my reasoning is this:

1, the defiant is equipped with the most powerful non starbase weapons out of any Alpha quad fleet. The Pulse phasers work on the principle that the initial burst on a phaser is the most powerful, and it is armed with quantum torpedos

2, It is incrediblely Agile and fast, it could almost spin circles around a Ori battlecruiser.

3, It's defensive systems are superb, with shielding near that of a galexy class, and the ablative armor system.

If the Ori was lucky enough to even hit the Defiant with it's main cannon Would it even do really any damage vs the shields, and even the ablative armor, which is ment to disperse energy and heat long the surface, like a extra layer of skin.
                  That's ludicrous. I'm an ST fan and I don't like it when people knock ST ship's offensive power, but in this case I can't agree. We've seen that gigaton warheads can't do much to a Ha'tak's shields, while an Ori ship collapses the shields and smashes one in a single main weapon shot. If you read my post above you will see that it reasons out that a burst of full weapons fire from a Sovereign will do about as much damage as a single gigaton warhead (the yield for the gigaton warhead is halved as half the explosion faces away from the target). Therefore a Sovereign is hardly going to scratch an Ori ship's shields. And how do you figure the Defiant is better than the Sovereign, Starfleet's most advanced starship? It may just be better than a Galaxy class but certainly not a Sovereign. The Defiant might be the most maneuverable ship, but when you consider the Sovereign's very respectable maneuverability as well its ablative armour and superpowered weapons (more powerful than pulse phasers) it is easily better.

And remember, the Ori Ships' main cannon is not their only weapon, they also have those smaller cannons at the side that can also blow up a Ha'tak quite easily, these 'small' ones also seem quite accurate, I'm betting they could hit a Defiant without too much of a problem.

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

This how I perceive the battle between voyager and the ori.

Tuvok: I am detecting a ori ship, they are firing

Janeway: moneuver beta 3,

dodge the first blast.

Tuvok: I am detecting a fluctuation in the ori shields.

Janeway: Can you match phaser frequency of the fluctuation

Tuvok: Yes, I have match the phaser to match the fequency of the fluctuation.

Janeway: fire at will

The ori ship disable and the boomed, no more ori vessel.

The species 8472 e would own the ori battle ship.
                    The borg would also own the ori battle ships as soon as they figure out the same fluctuation in their shields as they fire. So pretty much most star trek vessels would own a ori vessel. Now I cannot really commit on star wars vessel because although seen the film I have not really read much about the vessels.

Also the defiant shields at lease in the tv series were far more powerful than the Galaxy class ship. In the deep space nine they went up against two Klingon birds of pray and came of the best why I remember a specific episode where the enterprise was disable by two Klingon bird preys craft so to me that means the defiant shields were the strongest. Although if you take the the video games version of the ships then the Galaxy class vessel is just way more power than the defiant.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 07 November 2006, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                      This how I perceive the battle between voyager and the ori.

Tuvok: I am detecting a ori ship, they are firing

Janeway: moneuver beta 3,

dodge the first blast.

Tuvok: I am detecting a fluctuation in the ori shields.

Janeway: Can you match phaser frequency of the fluctuation

Tuvok: Yes, I have match the phaser to match the fequency of the fluctuation.

Janeway: fire at will

The ori ship disable and the boomed, no more ori vessel.

The species 8472 e would own the ori battle ship.
                      The borg would also own the ori battle ships as soon as they figure out the same fluctuation in their shields as they fire. So pretty much most star trek vessels would own a ori vessel. Now I cannot really commit on star wars vessel because although seen the film I have not really read much about the vessels.

Also the defiant shields at lease in the tv series were far more powerful than the Galaxy class ship. In the deep space nine they went up against two Klingon birds of pray and came of the best why I remember a specific episode where the enterprise was disable by two Klingon bird preys craft so to me that means the defiant shields were the strongest. Although if you take the the video games version of the ships then the Galaxy class vessel is just way more power than the defiant.
                      But in Flesh and Blood...

Spoiler:
                      Carter and Bra'tac unsuccessfully attempt to beam a bomb through the fluctuation, which either means the fluctuation isn't big enough, or the Ori ship can easily absorb such blasts, Voyager's phasers wouldn't really be as powerful as one of those bombs I think.

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Well we do not know why the bomb did not go off, the fluctuations were big enough to enable Daniel Jackson to beam onto the ori vessel, as shown in flesh and blood and so I guest it big enough to get a phaser through and come on they did it all the time on voyager. Also, they have not shown them attempting to use weapons to targeted the fluctuations, tell me if I am wrong as I have only seen up to Pegasus project, tell me but we do know that voyagers transports have been use to beam through shields which fluctuates, also demonstrated on the next generations a couple of time so they could possible beam their proton torpedoes over. Also in the next generation we saw them use sub space transporters which could in theory transport through most shields.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Well we do not know why the bomb did not go off, the fluctuations were big enough to enable Daniel Jackson to beam onto the ori vessel, as shown in flesh and blood and so I guest it big enough to get a phaser through and come on they did it all the time on voyager. Also, they have not shown them attempting to use weapons to targeted the fluctuations, tell me if I am wrong as I have only seen up to Pegasus project, tell me but we do know that voyagers transports have been use to beam through shields which fluctuates, also demonstrated on the next generations a couple of time so they could possible beam their proton torpedoes over. Also in the next generation we saw them use sub space transporters which could in theory transport through most shields.
                          Maybe a Jaffa ship,Asgard ship, or some other ship.
                          But the Ori shield is diffrent from that. Micheal hit it hit one C4 explsion which disabled but then Adana activated it again the second would have done it except Adrana was able to stop it the Second and probley the priors can as well. so even a direct blow to the core can't stop it so come up with somthing else plus the Odessey could not beam them out of the ship so Teleportation is out.
                          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                          new enemy of the Ori
                          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

If you've seen Nemesis (ST), then you'll know that a collision with the Semitar (sp?) crippled both ships. And the semitar had 70% sheilding.

In flesh and blood, the hatak had full shields, and so did the ori ship. Assuming that in both instances the ships were at 1/2 light speed, then that proves that the Hatak, roughly the size of enterprise (700m?) and a naquada hull (strongest known element!) was destroyed without even denting the ori ship. And the pulse fire weapons. That would easily own the enterprise. Both ships lost weapons. And had serious hull breaches. Hmm.....

I suppose there arent really many more instances where the 2 series can be comapred.

Hey, the ori have had 10000 years to work on their ships. The federation have had about 400 years. Spot the difference.
                            O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
                            Baal: Impudence
                            O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
                              Maybe a Jaffa ship,Asgard ship, or some other ship.
                              But the Ori shield is diffrent from that. Micheal hit it hit one C4 explsion which disabled but then Adana activated it again the second would have done it except Adrana was able to stop it the Second and probley the priors can as well. so even a direct blow to the core can't stop it so come up with somthing else plus the Odessey could not beam them out of the ship so Teleportation is out.
                              Yes the ori are diffferent they probably use their powers to repair the ship, that just unfair, but if I am right a quick succession of fire not allowing the prior to repair the ship, could work, but then we know janeway she probably try to talk to them before destroying the ship thus allowing the prior to repair the vessel. Although with the fire power the defiant vessel have their a possibility that they punch enough fire power out to destroy the vessel before they manage to repair it and get the shields back online, like in the pegasus project the vortex did enough damage to stop the prior from repairing the ships shields and systems, thus the ship was destroyed.

I wonder after that event did asguard pay the scene a visit and collect some samples of debris and perhaps technology sample.

The asguard teleportation did not work but perhaps the federation subspace teleporters would they send the signal through subspace rather than normal space to materialise where they want it to. Also it range was in the light years and they could catch the ori with out their shields down, so teleporters might work, and one problem is that the priors could disable any thing sent over but we could perhaps dozen of devices over, with most being diversions and fake ones, basically confuse the priors into whichone they have to disable first. A other thing is that they could set the device of why still in the matter stream and thus not give the prior time to disable the device althrough this would probably disable the federation transporter systems, through overload.
                              Last edited by knowles2; 09 November 2006, 08:20 AM.

Comment

I missed Pegasus Project, although I did watch 'Insiders' the other night. Can you, like, give an outline of what happened? Thanks.

Also, I reckon the Jaffa bomb they sent through the shields in Flesh and Blood probably did get through (just like Daniel got through from the Korolev)but a Prior on board must have sensed it and deactivated it or something, or perhaps the ships have some sort of dampening field against explosions, which might explain why the sabotage of the ships in 'Crusade' didn't work.

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X