Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what people forget about staw wars ships is although there wepons are weaker there are hundreds and on eclipse i think its even more but dont quote me on the last part

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

What about the Shadow Aliens from Babylon 5? Could they
      stand a chance against the Ori?
      sigpic

Comment

oh man!!!!

WHAT ABOUT THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER? IT WOULD DOMINATE YOU ALL FOR POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

Comment

You've got remember the ori ships have possibly hundreds of extremely small, fast and agile fighters who were a match for death gliders and alkesh in a combined force. Any speed advantage the star wars ships may gain could be lost if they have 100+ fighters shooting there ass. Also the Ori capitol ships have smaller pulse burst weapons on the side capable of wiping out a fully shielded Ha'tak.

Comment

Originally posted by Borjoyzee View Post
            You've got remember the ori ships have possibly hundreds of extremely small, fast and agile fighters who were a match for death gliders and alkesh in a combined force. Any speed advantage the star wars ships may gain could be lost if they have 100+ fighters shooting there ass. Also the Ori capitol ships have smaller pulse burst weapons on the side capable of wiping out a fully shielded Ha'tak.
            Yep, and also I think the Ori capital ships are more maneuverable than star wars ships anyway. Star Destroyers are like seagoing vessels slugging it out close range, while Ori ships are a bit more mobile. On Flesh and Blood when Bra'tac's ships are attacking the Ori ones they were pulling some good maneuvers.
            Teal'c: Shoots wall
            Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

ok i will say STar War ship will destroy the ORI ship with a click of a finger

why?

Because

1. If you have seen Star Wars 3 and u saw the battle in the beginning you saw how much fire power they have.. and if they keep on shooting like that, it will definatly take out the ORI SHIP

and

2. The Ships are much much much much much bigger than the ORI ship like 20 or 50 times bigger

oo and this is my first post so WOOHOO!!

Comment

2. The Ships are much much much much much bigger than the ORI ship like 20 or 50 times bigger
                That's pretty funny considering that the death star was taken out by a fighter.

if they keep on shooting like that
                The question is how long can they keep shooting like that AND HITTING (during the battle alot of the bigger ships seemed to be moving rather slow) before they are destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by ohnd View Post
                  ok i will say STar War ship will destroy the ORI ship with a click of a finger

why?

Because

1. If you have seen Star Wars 3 and u saw the battle in the beginning you saw how much fire power they have.. and if they keep on shooting like that, it will definatly take out the ORI SHIP

and

oo and this is my first post so WOOHOO!!
                  1) So they've got a lot of firepower, but it was SW ship vs. SW ship. There's no ships in that battle from the Stargate Universe to draw comparison with.

2) Venator class Star Destroyer = 1137m in length.
                  Ori Ship = 2000m in length approx.
                  Ok so the Star Destroyers might have been a bit bigger in terms of volume but so what. Big and heavy = slow and sluggish.
                  Teal'c: Shoots wall
                  Mitchell: Whoa, whoa man! Bullets..bounce!

Made me laugh so much.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                    Yes the ori are diffferent they probably use their powers to repair the ship, that just unfair, but if I am right a quick succession of fire not allowing the prior to repair the ship, could work, but then we know janeway she probably try to talk to them before destroying the ship thus allowing the prior to repair the vessel. Although with the fire power the defiant vessel have their a possibility that they punch enough fire power out to destroy the vessel before they manage to repair it and get the shields back online, like in the pegasus project the vortex did enough damage to stop the prior from repairing the ships shields and systems, thus the ship was destroyed.

I wonder after that event did asguard pay the scene a visit and collect some samples of debris and perhaps technology sample.

The asguard teleportation did not work but perhaps the federation subspace teleporters would they send the signal through subspace rather than normal space to materialise where they want it to. Also it range was in the light years and they could catch the ori with out their shields down, so teleporters might work, and one problem is that the priors could disable any thing sent over but we could perhaps dozen of devices over, with most being diversions and fake ones, basically confuse the priors into whichone they have to disable first. A other thing is that they could set the device of why still in the matter stream and thus not give the prior time to disable the device althrough this would probably disable the federation transporter systems, through overload.
                    They are Priors not Sith Aprentices I'm sure they could sense what is real or not, besides I'm sure a blast in hyperspace would be suicide, and they have diffrent rides(Warp, Hyperspace)
                    Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                    Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                    new enemy of the Ori
                    At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Star wars fighter have one hell of alot of fire power proton torpedoes can rip huge chunks out a SSD once its sheilds are down so they would probably make a mess of all SG fighters except mayby ori ones if there well sheilded

also soverighn class star destroyers (basicly mini eclipses) have supperlasers that can own a planet so i doubt any thing could withstand that plus their small enugh to manuver

and no one has mention the Yuuzhan Vong they dont rely on sheild or fule or power souces the tech is all organic and works around manipulateing gravity and the power of a wepon is irelavent a vong corvet (bout twice an al'quesh could survive an ori main wepon there defenes works by generateing small black hole like singularetys that swallow up enemy fire, wraith and earth tech and drones are the only things that might have a chance as massive quantities of fire can overwhelm the Dovin Basl (organism that generates the singularities).
                      Theire bigest stuff though the vong worldships would be devestateing they are huge in a ship too ship colision where an executer class vesel ramed the world ship it took both out an the vong ship was undeffended from this sigularitys arnt big enugh to swallow an SSD this means the vong ship is bigger than even an SSD not suppriseing as a fleet of them crossed between galaxys with normal interstelar hyperdrives carrying the entire population of a planet id like to see an ori ship fight that.

sorry about the wall of text

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

the ori ships maybe good but for god sake the death star can wipe out an entire planet i doubt if a ori ship could withstand that
                        sigpic
                        Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
                          the ori ships maybe good but for god sake the death star can wipe out an entire planet i doubt if a ori ship could withstand that
                          yup

the ori shield would hold against the DS's main gun, but only for what, 5 seconds ? (if they're lucky)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            yup

the ori shield would hold against the DS's main gun, but only for what, 5 seconds ? (if they're lucky)
                            actually, i think the ori ship may be able to survive a direct hit...if it's powered by anything near a Z.P.M then it contains enough energy to destroy a planet it's self and if thats channeled into the shields it could withstand a direct hit just...though i doubt it could take more than a couple of hits...

i still maintain that species 8472 would crush the Ori and send them packing back to the protection of the ascended in their own galaxy
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              actually, i think the ori ship may be able to survive a direct hit...if it's powered by anything near a Z.P.M then it contains enough energy to destroy a planet it's self and if thats channeled into the shields it could withstand a direct hit just...though i doubt it could take more than a couple of hits...

i still maintain that species 8472 would crush the Ori and send them packing back to the protection of the ascended in their own galaxy
                              one hit from DS would at least completely deplete the shield

and of course the shield would block & hold much longer against the bioguns (unless the bioships formed the planet-killer beam)

unfortunately we're unlikely to see this onscreen (Stargate Trek, duh)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                                yup

I don't think you can really say that for a few reasons. First we've yet to see any weapon do any type of damage at all to an ori shield, really other than 'camelot' we've yet to see an ori ship in a real battle and that was hardly a battle, more like a slaughter. Second you don't know the powersource, it could be the same kind of energy as ZPM's use or it could be even more powerful for all we know. If it's anywhere near the power of the trinity powersource than it could easily survive a direct hit from the DS. Fact of the matter is we don't know enough and haven't seen enough of their ships to comment on something like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X