This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kingomon View Post
    The Ori would defeat any ship in a ship to ship battle. I don't have desgens but if it can cut through goauld ship in one shot and take asgard ship in two then every ships in trouble.Plus the shields held aginast an assult of tons of goauld ships, one Asgard ship, and two Earth ships then there is no way you can defeat it.
    Well, I disagree, but I'll respect your opinion. I can also see why you would
    say that: "Camelot" certainly proved that the Ori are a seemingly
    invincible enemy. But that doesn't mean that the Ori are invincible.

Spoiler:
    In "Flesh and Blood" we learn that the Ori ships' shields have a fluctuation when their weapons begin to fire. At the last minute, maybe a blast from a Species 8472's bioship can actually go through the Shield and hit the ori cannon when it is powering up. The result might cause a chain reaction resulting in a explosion, destroying or disabling the Ori ship.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon_06 View Post
      Well, I disagree, but I'll respect your opinion. I can also see why you would
      say that: "Camelot" certainly proved that the Ori are a seemingly
      invincible enemy. But that doesn't mean that the Ori are invincible.

Spoiler:
      In "Flesh and Blood" we learn that the Ori ships' shields have a fluctuation when their weapons begin to fire. At the last minute, maybe a blast from a Species 8472's bioship can actually go through the Shield and hit the ori cannon when it is powering up. The result might cause a chain reaction resulting in a explosion, destroying or disabling the Ori ship.
      How much does it fluctuate?
      And how much would it be weak enough even if there is a chance of hiting it at the right moment.
      Though that is not a bad I dea
      Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
      Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
      new enemy of the Ori
      At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

The important thing here is not whether the Ori has enough firepower, but rather if it can withstand fire power.

A Species 8472 bioship can blow up 15 Borg cubes by itself. A few together can blow up an entire planet. The Ori might be able to destroy them with their beams, but given the manuverability of the bioships, that will take time, time enough for the bioships to fire on the Ori ships and take them out, maybe.
        Last edited by PG15; 29 October 2006, 01:15 PM.

Comment

actually we don't know how many bioships were there - only that one was damaged by a borg disruptor beam & stayed behind after the 15 cubes were destroyed

anyway...those who stated the bioships would defeat the ori ships forgot one important thing: the freakin' ori shields - the way the writers depicted them these shields seem to outdo any shield we've seen in both SG and ST

In a bioship vs ori ship single fight I'd imagine that kinda scenario: 8472 fires its biogun full power at the ori ship. Someone at the controls on the bridge reports to the prior "my lord: unbelievers have attacked us - shields down to 96%" lol

Ori shields can take a hell of a pounding, the ori ship might even be able to maneuver so that the bioship would harmlessly crash into it (heck we've seen a shielded hatak crash into an ori ship none the worse for the latter)

Even if the bioship can dodge both the main ori gun & avoid crashing into the ship (which is reasonable) there's still the ori ship's secondary weapons to contend with and these pack some serious punch (they can take out a shielded hatak in a short time as we've seen in camelot)

IMO the ori ship would pwn the bioship

Now an ori ship vs. 8 bioships, that's another kinda story especially if they combine & use their planet-killer beam

Also ori ship vs. doomsday machine would be interesting to watch: main ori gun's effect on the doomsday's neutronium hull, and also doomsday's antiproton beam vs the ori shield (the shield would probably block the beam but I dunno how long it'd hold until it drops to 0)

Also someone mentionned ori ship vs imperial executor ship - now ori beams are designed to pass through (most) shields, if they can pass through imperial shields then the executor is in trouble (on the other hand executor is huge, can probably take multiple beam hits)
          Also the ori shields would block the executor's turbolasers but then again the executor's got LOADS of them all firing simultaneously on the ori ship so I dunno how long the ori shields would hold against all that firepower
          Perhaps the executor's best chance would be to ram against the ori ship, given the executor's size the resulting explosion might only cause moderate damage to it, maybe heavy damage depending where the impact takes place

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            actually we don't know how many bioships were there - only that one was damaged by a borg disruptor beam & stayed behind after the 15 cubes were destroyed

anyway...those who stated the bioships would defeat the ori ships forgot one important thing: the freakin' ori shields - the way the writers depicted them these shields seem to outdo any shield we've seen in both SG and ST

In a bioship vs ori ship single fight I'd imagine that kinda scenario: 8472 fires its biogun full power at the ori ship. Someone at the controls on the bridge reports to the prior "my lord: unbelievers have attacked us - shields down to 96%" lol

Ori shields can take a hell of a pounding, the ori ship might even be able to maneuver so that the bioship would harmlessly crash into it (heck we've seen a shielded hatak crash into an ori ship none the worse for the latter)

Even if the bioship can dodge both the main ori gun & avoid crashing into the ship (which is reasonable) there's still the ori ship's secondary weapons to contend with and these pack some serious punch (they can take out a shielded hatak in a short time as we've seen in camelot)

IMO the ori ship would pwn the bioship

Now an ori ship vs. 8 bioships, that's another kinda story especially if they combine & use their planet-killer beam

Also ori ship vs. doomsday machine would be interesting to watch: main ori gun's effect on the doomsday's neutronium hull, and also doomsday's antiproton beam vs the ori shield (the shield would probably block the beam but I dunno how long it'd hold until it drops to 0)

Also someone mentionned ori ship vs imperial executor ship - now ori beams are designed to pass through (most) shields, if they can pass through imperial shields then the executor is in trouble (on the other hand executor is huge, can probably take multiple beam hits)
            Also the ori shields would block the executor's turbolasers but then again the executor's got LOADS of them all firing simultaneously on the ori ship so I dunno how long the ori shields would hold against all that firepower
            Perhaps the executor's best chance would be to ram against the ori ship, given the executor's size the resulting explosion might only cause moderate damage to it, maybe heavy damage depending where the impact takes place
            yep, the probable only way for the executor to defeat the Ori ship IMO is for it to ram it. Then the Ori ship would go BYE-BYE. Other than that, I dont think the Executor could beat the Ori ship.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              The important thing here is not whether the Ori has enough firepower, but rather if it can withstand fire power.

A Species 8472 bioship can blow up 15 Borg cubes by itself. A few together can blow up an entire planet. The Ori might be able to destroy them with their beams, but given the manuverability of the bioships, that will take time, time enough for the bioships to fire on the Ori ships and take them out, maybe.
              I agree and have this to add. Not only does 8472 have immense firepower greater than anything seen in SG including the Ori their ships have proved virtually immune to conventional weaponary and any damage sustained is rapidly regenerated...

check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAEhYXHJefY

borg cubes are 3000 metres cubed by the way it normalling takes dozens of ships and hundreds of hits to take one down...

planet killer...

Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Ori ship vs. Death star
                If the Ori ship to fight the deathstar the Ori ship would be destroyed but the Ori ship would probley minover away from the beam so the Ori ship would probley destroy it at it's core before it even gets a chance to fire on it.
                So the Ori ship can even outdue my second favorite planet destroyer the deathstar.
                new enemy of the Ori

Comment

It's simply too speculative right now.
                  First, the Ori have not brought their entire fleet to the MW, and pieces of dialogue talked about tens of thousands of ships and armies being prepared.
                  Secondly, the Ori have been fairly moderate in the use of advanced technology.

We should wait for the end of season 10 and that TV film.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    I agree and have this to add. Not only does 8472 have immense firepower greater than anything seen in SG including the Ori their ships have proved virtually immune to conventional weaponary and any damage sustained is rapidly regenerated...

check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAEhYXHJefY

borg cubes are 3000 metres cubed by the way it normalling takes dozens of ships and hundreds of hits to take one down...

planet killer...

Good evidence! I think that the Planet Killer would PWN the Death Star because the Bioships are smaller, harder targets to hit than the death star.

If the Executor crashed into the Ori ship, I think that the Ori ship's shield would eventually collapse and the Ori ship would be ripped apart. As powerful as the Ori ship's shield is, it has to have limitations. It probably cannot withstand the power of the Executor's enormous size. But at the same time, the executor will be torn apart, while taking the Ori ship with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

voyager would beat all. they defeated so many 8472 ships on their own and blew up a fair number of borg cubes with one torpedo when the future admiral janeway gave them all that cool future tech and ablative hull armor (i think thats the right term)

Comment

Originally posted by quasarsky View Post
                        voyager would beat all. they defeated so many 8472 ships on their own and blew up a fair number of borg cubes with one torpedo when the future admiral janeway gave them all that cool future tech and ablative hull armor (i think thats the right term)
                        Voyager beat the borg with future tech which the borg adapted to, and species 8472 were beaten by a bio weapon...doesn't really count seeing as the races we're talking about wouldn't have access to this technology
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Voyager beat the borg with future tech which the borg adapted to, and species 8472 were beaten by a bio weapon...doesn't really count seeing as the races we're talking about wouldn't have access to this technology
                          yes they do. aschen anyone?

nirrti and even anubis? all experimented in genetic tech. even the ori who enhanced the prior's and adria genetically.

Comment

nirrti and even anubis? all experimented in genetic tech. even the ori who enhanced the prior's and adria genetically.
                            THe Ori used there powers to enhance the Priors and ariana not Gentects.
                            AS For Anubis he was cloning not createing a virus.

The Aschen Bio weapon created longer life and no reproduction not deadly posion.

Plus we don't know what ADrian DNA is.
                            new enemy of the Ori

Comment

no, the bio weapon i was talking about used technology native to star trek, a similar concept would be the asuran nanites but even these also were not enough they had to adapt the nanites to produce a field which masked it's presense so they weren't destroyed by the immune system...

now no race has shown that kind of ingenuity and has the specific knowledge needed and no race has the ability to deploy it ship to ship effectivly....no race in stargate can match 8472....

Comment

I reckon an Ori warship would be able to destroy any of these vessels. The fact that they are able to power such a weapon means that they have a great power source, what if this power source is in fact the arcturus project but
                                Spoiler:
                                the way Meredith (Rodney) and Genie try to do in McKay and Mrs Miller, I don't think the Ori would really care if they have tapped into an inhabited universe
                                so they have an infinite power source. That would mean their sheilds would never go down, they still have that weakness in the sheilds though, a fluctuation in the shields whenever the weapon is fired!

I did have someone say a Mercury Class Battlestar would be able to destroy any of the ships mentioned in this thread, including the Ori warship but its not even in the same league.

Comment

Working...
                                X