Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

even tough the ori are ascended and have the knowledge of the workings of the universe they still rejected most things scientific in favour of religion so they now have to invent all the technology form the knowledge they have but the alterans have been embracing and creating technology for a long time and have a grater knowledge of how to put things together to have a desired effect and now that they have the knowledge of how the universe works they can utilise that to optimise there technologies if they decided to descend like Merlin did so what im saying is that the alterans are more powerful then the ori in tech
    Thor: "You have accessed the ship´s computers."
    Jack: "So I can do whatever I want?"
    Jack turns off and on the lights of the ship several times.
    Thor: "Stop it."
    Jack: "oki."

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
      But do we know how far the Ori galaxy is?

Took the Altera thousands of years to get to the MW, of course, they didn't have a direction or anything, neither were they as advanced then (well kinda), but still, probably a long time.

Comment

While i was watching Beachead and the trailer for tonights episode i was wondering why the Ori would need to build a Supergate, surely they would have the advanced hyperdrives needed to make an intergalatic journey happen in a matter of days! Why go to all the hassle of building a Supergate, true it would make things that much faster, but wouldnt it be easier not to?!

Also, why do they need to have a blackhole on the Milky way end of the supergate, incoming wormholes draw their power from the off world source, in this case they would draw there power from the supergate in the ori galaxy, so surely there isnt the need for one this end unless you wanted 2 way travel.

Comment

ok, i was wondering the same thing and also whats more stupid when the ori ships come through the supergate those toilet ships as i call them have more medium size stargates on them as well? so wtf? they already have a supergate lol so u think maybe with that they like give the ship power, since remember in beachhead that prior put his hand in the normal gate and then they sent the pices and also before that they gave the prior a shiled and all when the wormhole was open. So thats my theory
          sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

An excellent point as in Atlantis the Ancients have already perfected the means to jump between galaxies. Even the Atlantis city ship has the capability to jump between galaxies. But we don't know the limitations of the technology. Maybe the galaxy the Ori are in is many times more distant? Or it adds a lot more drama to the situation if the gates construction can be challenged rather than the Ori fleet simply arriving en masse and laying waste to the galaxy.
            Last edited by Apogeal Alpha 01; 10 March 2006, 08:54 AM.

Comment

just because one race has it doesnt mean all races have it
              Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

My guess is the Ori galaxy is alot further away than Pegasus or Ida...

Comment

True, they may have simply chosen a different means to the same end, but it limits the mobility of the ships as they have to arrive at a fixed location. While they are nearly invulnerable, not entirely so.

A wild guess about why a black hole is needed: it allows the wormhole to remain open indefinitely. The fleet could be very large.

Comment

It could be a easier way for them to get there ships into the galaxy, sort of catch everyone out by suprise.

We dont know where the gate is so, it could be in the middle of the galaxy so they might have wanted to get a quick foothold in the galaxy instead of fighting there way in through other galaxies.

thats what i think anyway
                    Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
                    Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
                    Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
                    Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
                    Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

Why was the invasion of Normandy on D-Day so important? To establish a foothold and a forward base of operations. Unless we are talking intergalactic travel in less than a day, the gate would be necessary as the key to an EFFICIENT supplyline.

Comment

Originally posted by riddermark
                        While i was watching Beachead and the trailer for tonights episode i was wondering why the Ori would need to build a Supergate, surely they would have the advanced hyperdrives needed to make an intergalatic journey happen in a matter of days! Why go to all the hassle of building a Supergate, true it would make things that much faster, but wouldnt it be easier not to?!

Also, why do they need to have a blackhole on the Milky way end of the supergate, incoming wormholes draw their power from the off world source, in this case they would draw there power from the supergate in the ori galaxy, so surely there isnt the need for one this end unless you wanted 2 way travel.
                        Because building a supergate is so much easier than building hyperdrives for all of their ships. And faster as well.

Originally posted by vandred
                        ok, i was wondering the same thing and also whats more stupid when the ori ships come through the supergate those toilet ships as i call them have more medium size stargates on them as well? so wtf? they already have a supergate lol so u think maybe with that they like give the ship power, since remember in beachhead that prior put his hand in the normal gate and then they sent the pices and also before that they gave the prior a shiled and all when the wormhole was open. So thats my theory
                        They still need a gate to go through on this end. Having a stargate doesn't let you magically travel anywhere you want whether they have a stargate there or not.

Not to mention their followers are primitive morons kept at that level for a purpose: To make them depend on the Ori more.

And as Bthazor said, they are looking for a permanent solution. Not a quick fix.

Comment

Originally posted by riddermark

Well, remember, there was a social break-up between what we know as the Ancients, and the Ori.

The Ori focused more on religion... The Ancients focused more on technological development.

My guess would be that the Ori do not posses intergalactic space travel... They can travel within their galaxy, but that's just about it.

I think the Supergate is a way for them to manuver their forces to a location they wish to conquer... without all the time consumption of travelling between galaxies...

Plus look at it this way: Our Ancients knew... The Ori knew of our Ancients... I have a feeling either the Ori may have tried to conquer this galaxy before (the Plague that nearly wiped out our Ancients) or were waiting for something from our galaxy to contact them and see their life to enter our galaxy.

Mattathias

Comment

Because the Even with all the Intellgent knowledge they need the right materal to do so besides as far as we know they could be Billions of billions of billions of light years away and it would take to long. Besides why waste materal to run a hyperdrive for each ship when you can make them all appear useing the same materal and at the same time. Plus they don't want there followers to grow to knowledge bul
                            Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                            Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                            new enemy of the Ori
                            At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Like a few others said..it's easier to get materials to make one big gate rather than seperate drives for EVERY single ship. The Orii have advanced knoweldge...but they still need followers to get the materials to BUILD the ships.
                              It feels good to be alive.
                              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Coolness

Comment

Working...
                                X