Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about we go back to that planet with the Ori satellite, tow it with us and use it to destroy the Ori ships?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
      Ancient shields can protect against a nuclear blast. The sun is nothing more than nuclear explosion after nuclear explosion.
      Goa'uld shields could protect against a naquadah enhanced nuke but that didnt stop half of apophis' fleet being destroyed wen sam made a sun go supernova in series 4. The nuclear reaction in a sun is also a lot more powerful than the explosive force of a nuclear warhead

Comment

Speaking of Ancient shields, the Orion's shield could only withstand flowing lava for 5.something seconds. I doubt it would've survived going into a sun/supernova.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
          Speaking of Ancient shields, the Orion's shield could only withstand flowing lava for 5.something seconds. I doubt it would've survived going into a sun/supernova.
          yeah but a supernova isn't a lava-flow the lava has more mass behind it. Basically the answer to the question, what would hurt more: a red hot feather or two tons of liquid red hot rock?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
            Wasnt the orion lacking power aswell, mckay just 'hotwired' the shields and hyperdrive for a few seconds to get off the planet

Comment

Can't we just let the gate be built & before the Ori dial it we fly the Odyseuss into the centre of the gate. The Event Horizon can't form because the Odyseuss would be blocking it... or the Odyseuss would be chopped in half then kawooshed... hey 50/50 chance it'l work!

Comment

use gate busters from beachhead

mitchell did say there do have a lot of those god awful things
                i like the idea of a iris but would it hold
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You could just put some asteroids in the ring, essentially "burying" the Supergate.
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                    Can't we just let the gate be built & before the Ori dial it we fly the Odyseuss into the centre of the gate. The Event Horizon can't form because the Odyseuss would be blocking it... or the Odyseuss would be chopped in half then kawooshed... hey 50/50 chance it'l work!
                    You're onto something! We should've just put a random spaceship/asteroid/whatever into the center of the gate and voila, no dialing for the Ori!

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                      You could just put some asteroids in the ring, essentially "burying" the Supergate.
                      but where would we get one and how would we get it there earth ships don't have tractor beams

and the asguard are MIA
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

in beachhead...werent the sgate blocks supose to fit in a normal gate? that thin on which carter stands is to big to fit... what the hezmana am i misin here? have i frellin sleapt throu half of the ep or wha?
                        'Death stands above me, whispering low I know not what in my ear . . .'

Comment

I think your right, but just maybe they used a different bigger 'supergate' this time around?.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                          Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

a bigger one? but then..how the hell did they get it here? all the way from celestis?..it was said, the planet went kaboom while the singularity formed the gate.. so the blocks went thru it..there was no transport ship there which would bring it there
                            'Death stands above me, whispering low I know not what in my ear . . .'

Comment

hmm, what do you suppose will happenen if we beam out all the control crystals?
                              maybe their ships would be reconstructed into easter bunnies.

Comment

Maybe each section of the gate is made up of smaller sections which do fit through the gate?

Comment

Working...
                                X