X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonno
    Silly theory, but you never know:

9th Chevron inputs a scaling function - ie, scales down a spaceship (for example) relative to the size of the gate.

eg - when sending a spaceship from a stargate of area 10km2, to one of 1km2, it is reduced in size by a factor of 10 when emerging from the smaller gate. So - you could have 38 different sizes of stargates throughout the universe.

By this token, if we send a MALP from earth, to this massive stargate, the MALP - and any team members who follow will become absolutely massive - planet sized in fact.

I must admit - that is a horrible theory. I think i need to go to bed now, my Brain seems to have turned to jello.
    I think your completely missing the point.

Logically the humongous planet sized stargates would be in space and on a completely different stargate network. Which means these "Spacegates" would connect only to each other. No need for any fancy scaling nonsense.

Interestingly , this sounds very much like the "Spacegate" concept introduced in the Stargate:Horizon fan series @ http://www.stargatehorizon.com , where there would be a seperate network of huge sized space based gates meant exclusively to transport entire ships across vast distances.

Comment

where do ya think the new working supergate is located?

i think

nox
      tollana
      aschen

planets

damn too many to remember. i'll leave ya'll to fill the rest

Comment

I'm wondering if, perhaps, it's somewhere we already know of, but haven't seen since the second season.

Yup, I'm talking about the blackhole we discovered in ep... what? 2.16? Matter of Time? technically, I guess it would be very easy to send troops to, because of the "pinch" effect the blackhole would have.

What I mean by "pinch" effect is how the black hole formed on P3W-451 is starting to tunnel through the wormhole established between that planet's gate, and the one Sam redirected it to. The black hole would keep eating up space/time/matter and sucking it towards the stargate, creating a "pinch" effect that would bring each area, P3W-451 and the new planet, closer together.

Would be relatively easy to reroute the supergate, and create another "ripple effect" of sorts, where the Ori ships' matter streams could cross the blackholes' established wormhole, and come out on either side (aka through both gates) for a split, two front attack. Obviously they have some way of counteracting the gravitational pull of the blackholes powering the gates: otherwise, they wouldn't have been able to get their "supergate parts" through the original, smaller gate in "BeachHead".

Comment

if carter can then so could the ori

Comment

Well, it's gotta be a planet that had a Stargate, and it's gotta be in a part of the galaxy that isn't populated, otherwise we'd know where it is right away.

Now, given how the next season is going to begin, it's likely reasonably close to a certain planet we've all grown fond of over the past 10 years.

Comment

Given that the ancients spread _alot_ of stargates around i think it's like searching for a hay colored needle in a parking lot sized haystack (and i do mean one of those big ass parking lots )
              error: signature not found

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                Well, it's gotta be a planet that had a Stargate, and it's gotta be in a part of the galaxy that isn't populated, otherwise we'd know where it is right away.

Now, given how the next season is going to begin, it's likely reasonably close to a certain planet we've all grown fond of over the past 10 years.
                I'd have to agree with you on that, Bragi. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if we're right.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                  if carter can then so could the ori
                  Nonsense! Carter has a weapon that far outstrips anything the Ori could possibly throw at us. Technobabble > all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scyld
                    Nonsense! Carter has a weapon that far outstrips anything the Ori could possibly throw at us. Technobabble > all.
                    Carter also has hotness.

Comment

Well, I hope that it will be on a planet in the center of the galaxy, that way the Ori could easily launch simultaneous attacks, on every human populated planet in the galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi

Like maybe.....

Spoiler:
                        chulak (Spelling?)

Because we know in S10 that

Spoiler:
                        The Ori attack Chulak in the season opener
                        http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
                        If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
                        **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
                          Like maybe.....

Spoiler:
                          chulak (Spelling?)

Because we know in S10 that

Spoiler:
                          The Ori attack Chulak in the season opener

no cuz the supergate is already working in s9

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                            Carter also has hotness.

nah she's just average.

chick from inferno is hot.

Comment

I'm still wondering why the ORI need a supergate if their technology is in line with the Ancients; or even the Asgard as far as that goes. With the help of the Asgard, even the Tau'ri are traveling from galaxy to galaxy these days.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

But do we know how far the Ori galaxy is?

Comment

Working...
                                X