• Show
Clear All

It's entirely up to you.

Comment

My go at a Troop transport vessel

CV-306 Mercury Assault Transport

Dimensions:
      Length: 15.5 Meters.
      Beam: 3.4 Meters (including nacelles 4.8 Meters).
      Height: 3.6 Meters.
      Weight: 19 Metric Tons (in Earth gravity).
      Cargo Capacity: 22 Metric Tons (when carrying no troops).

Crew and Occupancy:
      Crew: 2 (1 Pilot, 1 Navigator/W.O.).
      Occupancy: 8 fully armed marines.

Offensive:
      1x 30mm GAU-8/A Cannon.

Defensive:
      Chaff & Flares.
      Ablative Plating (on bottom of craft only).

Power:
      1x Naquadah Generator

Propulsion:
      4x Rolls Royce Pegasus Mk3 engines (Full directional thrust).

Additional Systems:
      Inertial Dampeners (only 70% effective when compared to F-302)

The Ship is capable of VTOL flight via its rotating flight pod nacelles (2 engines each) and has a single 30mm cannon on top to provide support when troops are exciting, the vehicles rear exit hatch swings up, allowing troops to rapid ascend via ropes from the vehicles rear.
      "I'm not crazy. I just have another consciousness in my brain."

Firefly/Serenity Fans checkout:
      http://www.intotheblack.ca/
      Click ME >>>> My 3d Models" <<<<Click ME

Comment

Here's my design for an Ultimate God Weapon of Doom.

Dimensions:
        Length: 10 Meters.
        Beam: 10 Meters
        Height: 10 Meters.
        (It's a box that floats in space)

Weight: 10 Metric Tons

Crew and Occupancy:
        Crew: 1 (Sam Carter)
        Occupancy: 3 (the rest of SG-1)

Offensive:
        Shields. Forward Deflector Array. Hyperdrive Coils. Various additional esoteric systems and subsystems.

Defensive:
        Shields. Forward Deflector Array. Hyperdrive Coils. Various additional esoteric systems and subsystems.

Power:
        1x Naquaduh Generator

Propulsion:
        Engines, Hyperdrive, Thrusters

Additional Systems:
        Inertial Dampeners, various esoteric systems and subsystems.

The ship is basically a box in space containing Samantha Carter and possibly the rest of SG-1. The purpose of the ship is to provide a platform from which streams of incomprehensible technobabble can be launched at the enemy, which is usually sufficient to utterly destroy and/or incapacitate them even (and sometimes especially) if they have the power of gods.

Example:

Sam: "Oh no! An Ori armada of three hundred ships is attacking! Quick, let's generate a pulse of metrionic particles from the hyperdrive coils and reroute it through the forward deflector array via the flux capacitor! It will cause the molecules of the Ori ships to become destabilized and rupture, breaking them down into their component atoms!"

*the ori fleet is destroyed, and there is great rejoicing*

Comment

Yeah, cuz Tianamen Square is NOTHING compared to what this current administration did in creating 9/11.

You keep refering back to Tianamen Square, so in your eyes they haven't done anything really bad since then, too. Thanks!
          Although, Im personally not a big fan of what they did in constructing the 3 Goreges Dam. I find the effort to be stupid, dangerous, and egotistical. Not to mention the hundreds of archaeological and historic buildings and etc. that will get submerged when the reservoir builds behind the dam.
          Last edited by Peoples_General; 08 March 2006, 10:37 PM.
          http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
          http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
            These craft are to give the ground troops more mobility once deployed, to act like "amphibious landing craft". They carry the initial troops in, who then secure areas for large-scale beaming in of reinforcements. In addition, they should be able to fit through a Stargate, thus making them perfect for emergency evac and resupply. They are also meant to provide more direct fire support for our troops, so that we wouldn't have to call in the big ships all the time.

I apologise for the mistake I made in it's dimensions-Translate that to an overall width of less than 5 meters (approx. 15 feet, to fit through the 'Gate), and a length of less than 60 feet. The other requirements stand, except for the rail gun. Replace that with a 60mm chain-gun turret, for use against ground personel and lightly armored vehicles and installations.
            My question still stands is the reengineering of a goauld needle threader craft on the cards? are we allowed to make it so we encapulate it in a trinum/titanium hull; this ship would look strange, like a ball with a cockpit. but would actually be wquite easy to engineer, and we could refit it with PJ piloting systems, the ones that take over to get you through the gate ok.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            Stargate : Genesis |
            Original Starship DesignThread
            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by OculusMortis
              My go at a Troop transport vessel

CV-306 Mercury Assault Transport

Dimensions:
              Length: 15.5 Meters.
              Beam: 3.4 Meters (including nacelles 4.8 Meters).
              Height: 3.6 Meters.
              Weight: 19 Metric Tons (in Earth gravity).
              Cargo Capacity: 22 Metric Tons (when carrying no troops).

Crew and Occupancy:
              Crew: 2 (1 Pilot, 1 Navigator/W.O.).
              Occupancy: 8 fully armed marines.

Offensive:
              1x 30mm GAU-8/A Cannon.

Defensive:
              Chaff & Flares.
              Ablative Plating (on bottom of craft only).

Power:
              1x Naquadah Generator

Propulsion:
              4x Rolls Royce Pegasus Mk3 engines (Full directional thrust).

Additional Systems:
              Inertial Dampeners (only 70% effective when compared to F-302)

The Ship is capable of VTOL flight via its rotating flight pod nacelles (2 engines each) and has a single 30mm cannon on top to provide support when troops are exciting, the vehicles rear exit hatch swings up, allowing troops to rapid ascend via ropes from the vehicles rear.
              This sounds very nice, been always wondering if Earth will finally develop its own transport rather then rely on capital ships or goa'uld cargo ships.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Even the greatest of warships is no match for the power of technobabble. Why invest money in a fleet of ships that you don't need when you already have the following?
                - Sam Carter
                - Rodney McKay
                - Hyperdrive Coils
                - Inertial dampeners
                - Forward Deflector Arrays
                - Various and sundry mysterious and esoteric systems and subsystems that can be rerouted through each other to produce magical effects that usually solve the problem of the week and/or destroy the armada of alien ships

Comment

I was thinking that Earth needs something to suppliment the F-302, some sort of larger fighter or dedicated bomber capable of carring more weapons but still being able to be carried in a 304 or other future large capital ships.
                  Last edited by V-MAN; 09 March 2006, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                    I was thinking that Earth needs something to suppliment the F-302, some sort of larger fighter or dedicated bomber capable of carring more weapons but still being able to be carried in a 304 or other future large capital ships.
                    That would be good. A larger version of the 302 with a shield generator would be a good weapon aswell. Although power for a shield on such a small platform may be beyond current technology or just impractical.

One thing I cant understand is why 302s dont have cloaks yet. I know that the power requirement would be greater but if the ship is cloaked then speed is not that much of an issue so power could be taken from the engines.
                    aka paddytehpyro

Comment

Originally posted by pyrodude
                      That would be good. A larger version of the 302 with a shield generator would be a good weapon aswell. Although power for a shield on such a small platform may be beyond current technology or just impractical.

One thing I cant understand is why 302s dont have cloaks yet. I know that the power requirement would be greater but if the ship is cloaked then speed is not that much of an issue so power could be taken from the engines.
                      I think the F-302 relies on fuel burning engines as opposed what the deathgliders use or the 304 for the moment. Specifically an Aerospike and two regular jet engines.

Comment

Well i hate to reinterate my F-303 again, but if one generator that can open a hyperspace window can be used to create a HSW then it can be used to power a shield or cloak, no new power is required just an additional circuit to power the shield when the hyperdrive is bieng powered by the naquadriah generator...part of the design of the F-303
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          My question still stands is the reengineering of a goauld needle threader craft on the cards? are we allowed to make it so we encapulate it in a trinum/titanium hull; this ship would look strange, like a ball with a cockpit. but would actually be wquite easy to engineer, and we could refit it with PJ piloting systems, the ones that take over to get you through the gate ok.
                          You can design the craft however you wish, based on any craft you wish. This includes the needlethreader. However, it cannot be a simple "tacking onto" of the needlethreader. It must be an entirely new vessel that we can mass-produce.

So! Let's get cracking!

If it makes you guys more motivated, I can draw images of all your craft. A little more description, however, wouldn't hurt.
                          Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 09 March 2006, 09:10 AM.

Comment

I'm going to post a prelimenary picture and technical redouts of my X-306(thats what I'm calling this transport).

Spoiler:

X-306 Albatross-class troop transport

Dimensions

Length: 39 ft.

Width: 13.9 ft.

Height: 10 ft.

Weight: 21 tons(without inertial dampners active)

Total Capacity: 25 tons

Crew

1 pilot

1 navigator/gunner

Weapons

60mm chain-gun turret

Powerplant

1 naquadah generator

Propulsion

4 aerospike/plasma hybrid engines on four swivel mounts

Inertial dampners

artificial gravity generator

Description

Achieves VTOL via its four independantly rotatable hybrid engines. Its only ingress egress point is its two rear swinging doors designed for quick drops in hostile territory.
                            Last edited by Daryl Froggy; 26 July 2006, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Well, to supplement Occulrismortis's entry, I have created this diagram of his CV-306 Mercury:

Comment

ok i have posted all of the design i have on these threads:
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=8699
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=18023
                                Im going to think a bit more on the 'contract' but there are my ideas if you want to brainsotrm off them and others.
                                sigpic
                                11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                                X